Steve Pikiell Bio

Pils86

All-Conference
Sep 21, 2008
1,819
1,394
113
I like that he has HC experience and is somewhat local. First year 4 - 24 so the program was bad. By year 4 gets to winning record and then averages 22+ wins the next 7 years. Seems like a good choice to me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: IL Lusciato

MadRU

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
38,833
19,792
98
Played point at UConn and Calhoun thought enough of him that he was a 2 year captain of the team. I'm hopeful.

Needs to hit the ground running, out working everyone, starting now.
 

SHUSource

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
42,109
4,433
48
Seems like an excellent choice - congrats on a very good hire. He's got a good track record, knows the region, seems like a good cultural for for both Rutgers and the Big Ten, and was around to see Calhoun lift UCawn to prominence.
 
Jul 1, 2010
938
688
0
Okay nice stuff but it is from Stony Brook's site - what do expect them to say? I am sure if you read Eddie's bio on the Rutgers site it said lots of great stuff too. I need to see more good stuff from less biased sites.
 

SHUSource

All-Conference
Jun 3, 2001
42,109
4,433
48
For was its worth, I was laughing when Rutgers hired Eddie. I knew I didn't have to worry about your team for the next few years. He had a record already that said he was not a good coach.

Pikiell has a record that suggests he is a good coach. Strongly suggests it. It's no guarantee, but you're already that far ahead of your last hire.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Football College Football 27 Sim - Rutgers Football versus Indiana Hoosiers
  2. 02 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football Everything Curt Cignetti said ahead of the Indiana / Rutgers game
  4. 04 The Knight Report Early Recruit Visitor list for Rutgers Football versus Indiana
  5. 05 On3 Football College Football Hot Seat: USA Today identifies coaches facing mounting pressure