Stout

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
Maybe I missed something, but why do we continue to have Jordan Stout kicking FG's? Is there an injury with Jake Pinegar keeping him on the sidelines? Stout is a great punter, but a mediocre kicker. Why the change this year to have him doing both?

Reactions: Nitwit

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
Maybe I missed something, but why do we continue to have Jordan Stout kicking FG's? Is there an injury with Jake Pinegar keeping him on the sidelines? Stout is a great punter, but a mediocre kicker. Why the change this year to have him doing both?
TFrank said that Pinegar was hurt in pre-season camp, and lost the job. He is healthy now, and just sits on the sideline. It is rare to have one guy punt, KO and kick FGs. That would be normal in maybe 8th grade football.

Classof09

Oct 12, 2021
TFrank said that Pinegar was hurt in pre-season camp, and lost the job. He is healthy now, and just sits on the sideline. It is rare to have one guy punt, KO and kick FGs. That would be normal in maybe 8th grade football.
So what’s it take to win the job back? Not sure Stout reestablishes himself as the starting FG kicker based on performance. Maybe someone can ask that one to James on Tuesday

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
So what’s it take to win the job back? Not sure Stout reestablishes himself as the starting FG kicker based on performance. Maybe someone can ask that one to James on Tuesday
How long was the last attempt? I honestly don’t remember. Before the season, the word was that Pinegar would kick “short” FGs, probably up to 40 yards and Stout the long ones. For as good as he has been on kickoffs and punting, he has missed some critical FGs including one last week.

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
My guess would be that the coaches who are in practice everyday and know a lot more about the situation than we do, feel like he is a better kicker than Pinegar, but that's just my guess.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
How long was the last attempt? I honestly don’t remember. Before the season, the word was that Pinegar would kick “short” FGs, probably up to 40 yards and Stout the long ones. For as good as he has been on kickoffs and punting, he has missed some critical FGs including one last week.
final attempt was 49 yds, so Stoudt would have been kicking it even if Pinegar was in for the short ones. Actually, Jake Pinegar has missed some short ones also at critical moments. Every team wants the kicker who never misses critical FGs, and has their misses when it doesn't really matter. That is what keeps guys on NFL teams. In the NFL all of them can make a 50 yd FG easily when it doesn't matter.

GregPSU

Oct 12, 2021
Is red shirting Pinegar the only way we would have him back next year?

yboby

Oct 6, 2021
Stout is erratic on FG attempts from any distance. Perhaps this is why he did not get the starting job at VT.

Reactions: State4Life

State4Life

Oct 31, 2021
Well, we have a 6'4 300 lb kicker/punter RSing this year (frosh) who was rated a 5* by a website that specializes in ranking kickers and punters.

Maybe it's time to give him some run, with the new 3-game RS rule and all? Stoudt is not the answer

MacNit

Oct 12, 2021
Stout is erratic on FG attempts from any distance. Perhaps this is why he did not get the starting job at VT.
It sure seems that way. Pinegar must really. Be screwing the pooch in practice to sit the pine on FGs.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
final attempt was 49 yds, so Stoudt would have been kicking it even if Pinegar was in for the short ones. Actually, Jake Pinegar has missed some short ones also at critical moments. Every team wants the kicker who never misses critical FGs, and has their misses when it doesn't really matter. That is what keeps guys on NFL teams. In the NFL all of them can make a 50 yd FG easily when it doesn't matter.
Funny I see game winning FGs of 50 yards or more almost every week in the NFL.