Tale from Potters' boys: Vaping

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
These two don't seem to get it at 15 and 16 each. The universe is aligned against them when they are doing bad and stupid ****. They always get caught. The oldest child, she's the opposite.

In the morning their going to play soccer, a friend is picking them up. One runs into the downstairs game room before he leaves to make sure he turned the heat down from last night. Friend arrives, he runs up and out to the car. Oldest runs down within ten seconds he runs down to the Gameroom. Runs back up, goes to the car they leave.

Dog runs down at some point with them. 10minutes later Mom calls down for the dog. I get up and walk down to the family room into their gaming room where they didn't realize he was in there. Guess Why? To busy vaping. Mom and I find the stash of empty nicotine vapes hidden behind the lumbar support of their gaming chairs.

I pause to report. They're home. I hear Mom yelling now, they just got back." Oh they're dead meat. She's having a field day. Right now she's threating to take the doors of their rooms and the gamerooms. This is great.

Shalom

Mar 25, 2024
These two don't seem to get it at 15 and 16 each. The universe is aligned against them when they are doing bad and stupid ****. They always get caught. The oldest child, she's the opposite.

In the morning their going to play soccer, a friend is picking them up. One runs into the downstairs game room before he leaves to make sure he turned the heat down from last night. Friend arrives, he runs up and out to the car. Oldest runs down within ten seconds he runs down to the Gameroom. Runs back up, goes to the car they leave.

Dog runs down at some point with them. 10minutes later Mom calls down for the dog. I get up and walk down to the family room into their gaming room where they didn't realize he was in there. Guess Why? To busy vaping. Mom and I find the stash of empty nicotine vapes hidden behind the lumbar support of their gaming chairs.

I pause to report. They're home. I hear Mom yelling now, they just got back." Oh they're dead meat. She's having a field day. Right now she's threating to take the doors of their rooms and the gamerooms. This is great.

Shalom
cancel said game room and confiscate equipment

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021

Shalom
Don’t threaten to take the doors off, take the doors off.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
There is no dumber lifeform on the planet than a teenage boy- it's always been that way. Teenage girls behavior isn't much- if any- better, but they are smarter about getting caught.

And yeah, take the doors off and trash the "gaming chairs"

Reactions: LionJim

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021

Shalom

If they're doing this in a way that they easily get caught, that means they're dedicating their attention to worse things, and you're not catching it.

Local doctor got divorced and she moved into a nice 3rd floor condo with her son ... they had a rooftop patio. He had been going to public school, but she put him into a local Catholic school (private schools are the worst for this kind of stuff). An athlete, good'ish student. One night she's out and gets a call from him, he seems pretty incoherent ... not drunk ... just not making any sense. Next thing you know, he fell or jumped off the 3-story roof. Broke both legs, back all messed up and all sorts of other stuff. In a wheelchair for the foreseeable future. Turns out, he had been vaping with a friend up there, and the police believe it was laced with something, unbeknownst to them. That's not even the worst story I could tell.

Reactions: BW Lion

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
There is no dumber lifeform on the planet than a teenage boy- it's always been that way. Teenage girls behavior isn't much- if any- better, but they are smarter about getting caught.

As dumb as teenage boys are, teenage girls are much worse ... in terms of being vicious a-holes. Luckily, I have 2 boys, so I don't have to deal with it first-hand, but from what I hear and see, they're just awful, awful human beings ... almost all of them ... especially when they're in groups. Rude, loud, obnoxious, bullying, self-important ... just horrendous. And they get into as much trouble ... or more ... than boys, and think they can get away with it because they're just sweet little girls. Girls are supposed to mature faster than boys ... I don't see it ... they're just extremely immature in different ways than boys. Luckily, most snap out of it early in college ... but some cling on to it in the form of sororities.

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021

There is no dumber life form on the planet than a teenaged boy. Can confirm. (I don’t have a son.)

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
As dumb as teenage boys are, teenage girls are much worse ... in terms of being vicious ********. Luckily, I have 2 boys, so I don't have to deal with it first-hand, but from what I hear and see, they're just awful, awful human beings ... almost all of them ... especially when they're in groups. Rude, loud, obnoxious, bullying, self-important ... just horrendous. Girls are supposed to mature faster than boys ... I don't see it ... they're just extremely immature in different ways than boys.
You don't seem to understand women - they are vicious, but they aren't dumb- not even in their teens.

• Love
Reactions: BW Lion

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
You don't seem to understand women - they are vicious, but they aren't dumb- not even in their teens.

You don't seem to understand English - I said they're much worse than boys, just in terms of being vicious a-holes. Once women mature out of their teens, they're just dandy. Men, mostly, remain dumb a-holes.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
I don’t know about other school systems, but this is a huge problem here in Maryland. What’s even worse is our school system doesn’t punish the kids for it. They just make them put it away and send a note home to the parents.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
As dumb as teenage boys are, teenage girls are much worse ... in terms of being vicious a-holes. Luckily, I have 2 boys, so I don't have to deal with it first-hand, but from what I hear and see, they're just awful, awful human beings ... almost all of them ... especially when they're in groups. Rude, loud, obnoxious, bullying, self-important ... just horrendous. And they get into as much trouble ... or more ... than boys, and think they can get away with it because they're just sweet little girls. Girls are supposed to mature faster than boys ... I don't see it ... they're just extremely immature in different ways than boys. Luckily, most snap out of it early in college ... but some cling on to it in the form of sororities.
Yikes! I’ve raised four and haven’t had any real trouble out of my daughters.

Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021

Shalom
I find your updates of "Lives with the Potters" sadly entertaining. It makes me thankful that wife and I are past that stage.

A severe and strictly enforced "loss of privileges" is absolutely necessary.

Didn't one of your sons recently sneak out at night to go get some action? That was your missed opportunity to lay down the law, but somehow I suspect you're the "Good Cop Parent" and didn't do squat (other than watch movies).

Such a lackadaisical perspective to parenting will soon bite you in the arse.

Last edited:

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021

I'm not saying it's the case with you or your girls, but I've learned that different folks have different opinions on what is considered a good kid. I've seen young teenage girls that act like complete bleepity bleeps at athletic events, get kicked out of open-air malls for being obnoxious, and who are frequently found passed out drunk (pictures of underage drinking on social media), when they aren't getting high and forming blow job clubs, and who are getting crap grades in school, be described as such "sweet, well-behaved girls." It took all of my power not to do a spit-take when I heard that one.

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
Game room is shut down and I compromised with mom by taking the door handles off the doors to their bedrooms and the game room. Mom made me pick up Drug Tests from CVS. They are lucky they passed.
I thought of Brewsters Millions when the testator was given a box of cigars and locked in a closet and had to smoke the whole box to teach him a lesson. But then in this day an age I would be locked up for abuse.

Shalom

• Love
Reactions: ODShowtime

Lion84

Oct 7, 2021
I have 2 daughters- one 21 and one 18 (incoming PSU Freshman) and never any real trouble with either. Always tried to make sure they never were in the "mean girl" club and never a bully - I won't stand for that but both good in school and a good friend group who also never got into any trouble - lucky I guess because I have friends that their kids aren't doing as well.

Reactions: LionJim and Fac

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I have 2 daughters- one 21 and one 18 (incoming PSU Freshman) and never any real trouble with either. Always tried to make sure they never were in the "mean girl" club and never a bully - I won't stand for that but both good in school and a good friend group who also never got into any trouble - lucky I guess because I have friends that their kids aren't doing as well.
Mean girls are a real thing, destructive as hell.

retsio

Oct 13, 2021
I remember smoking, began at 18 during my freshman year. Always Winston unless I had a cold, then anything menthol. 3 packs a day when business pressure was just too much. Until May 14, 1999 when I was 56, then my first heart operation 3 days later because I hid the pain from family. The pain across chest and back is unbearable - but 25 years later with 6 heart operations and 4 stents in my Right Coronary Artery - I am really good to go.
At this point I notice and feel every body pain and wonder, but have the experience to keep going. What is worse was the insurance cost - immediate 4 times the previous price and kept going until I was too old and Medicare kicked in.

My wife would not listen and spent 5 days in UMich hospital to stop smoking. Cold Turkey was the only answer for both of us. Now clean after 18 months.

LESSON TO BE LEARNED -- STOP SMOKING .... anything - to live as long as you can. It is a hard lesson, but a good one !

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
May I suggest giving them credit cards and UBER accounts cause those boys will be partying and now they’ll ratchet up the lying

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
You don't seem to understand English - I said they're much worse than boys, just in terms of being vicious a-holes. Once women mature out of their teens, they're just dandy. Men, mostly, remain dumb a-holes.
Yer a weirdo

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
I remember smoking, began at 18 during my freshman year. Always Winston unless I had a cold, then anything menthol. 3 packs a day when business pressure was just too much. Until May 14, 1999 when I was 56, then my first heart operation 3 days later because I hid the pain from family. The pain across chest and back is unbearable - but 25 years later with 6 heart operations and 4 stents in my Right Coronary Artery - I am really good to go.
At this point I notice and feel every body pain and wonder, but have the experience to keep going. What is worse was the insurance cost - immediate 4 times the previous price and kept going until I was too old and Medicare kicked in.

My wife would not listen and spent 5 days in UMich hospital to stop smoking. Cold Turkey was the only answer for both of us. Now clean after 18 months.

LESSON TO BE LEARNED -- STOP SMOKING .... anything - to live as long as you can. It is a hard lesson, but a good one !
Best way to stop is never start!!

Reactions: ODShowtime

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Yer a weirdo
And some “men” remain so emotionally stunted that they remain the equivalent of teenage boys forever. Now tell us more about your latest punk rock show, your love of vroom-vrooming and how speaking made-up slang makes you edgy, Benjamin Button.

Last edited:

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
when i was a kid it was referred to as, "wall to wall counseling"... you would get counseled off of one wall, then the other wall, etc...

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
And some “men” remain so emotionally stunted that they remain the equivalent of teenage boys forever. Now tell us more about your latest punk rock show, your love of vroom-vrooming and how speaking made-up slang makes you edgy, Benjamin Button.
Where you wrote girls substitute blacks and reread. Dudes with issues with females are no bueno
and let’s address the emotionally stunted teen comments with some quick stats
married successfully for 100 years to my State sweetheart
raised 2 absolute stud in every way sons who continue to amaze and entertain us
retired 5 years ago at 55
taxes all paid and ZERO debt
travel whenever we please wherever we please
still a solid son to my oldsters
shows planned this summer: cracker pixies modest mouse nude party

Last edited:
Reactions: Tgar

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Where you wrote girls substitute blacks and reread. Dudes with issues with females are no bueno

I have no issues with "females," sporto. Maybe in your rush to try (and fail) to be super-awesome, you failed to read the part where I said once they're out of their teenage years, they're "just dandy" (that's a good thing, in case the English-to-laKavosiey translator is on the fritz). Your bio and your desperation for validation don't concern me. Suggesting someone encourage their teenage sons' partying by paying for them to break the law tells me all I need to know.

• Haha

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
when i first read through this i thought the dog was vaping.

i need a scotch

Disclaimer ... it doesn't say anything about its ability to vape ...

1713928001896.png

Scotch Collie​

Recommended for: Active families and farm owners
Maintenance Level: Medium
Lifespan: 12 -15 years
Temperament:
Alert, intelligent, obedient, people-oriented
Health Risk:
This breed has a low probability of having health issues in its lifetime, hence it is one of the more affordable breeds to insure.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
The funniest part of this thread was LaKabrain responding to a comment that he has the emotional maturity of a teenager by listing out all his "accomplishments" - something only an insecure teenage boy would do. Poor thing. He probably had to hold himself back from typing out "my dad could beat up your dad." Poor guy.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
The funniest part of this thread was LaKabrain responding to a comment that he has the emotional maturity of a teenager by listing out all his "accomplishments" - something only an insecure teenage boy would do. Poor thing. He probably had to hold himself back from typing out "my dad could beat up your dad." Poor guy.
Dude, look at what you wrote a few hours ago. Good Lord. Take a break.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
1713954878885.gif

• Haha

Latest posts