That whole "retirement thing"

youngman42

All-Conference
Jan 27, 2003
6,817
1,373
57
I saw that as well. So great to hear. Really, why should he? His family is all-in at Duke. He'll have some extra time after winning his third Gold Medal this summer. The only reason would be ailing health / mind. He has learned to let his assistants be an extension of his coaching, without simply being a figurehead.

Here's to another decade+ at the helm.
 
  • Like
Reactions: pisgah101

LetsGoDuke301

Heisman
Apr 4, 2009
71,736
24,706
0
He's at the age where you will see annual speculation on his retirement. There will likely be rumors every year as well. I am not going to speculate on the timing. But if I had to guess, when he does retire it's going to be somewhat of a surprise.

If you give me an O/U of 5 years, I'll take the over.
 

JCColsCane

Senior
Dec 1, 2014
1,267
433
0
Good post Pis! I prefer not to contemplate his retirement, or even think of it, period. I prefer to take each and every game of each and every season, one game and season at a time. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it. I'll just let all the Duke haters fret over when his last year will be, I fully intend on enjoying every minute of the time he has left!
Take care of your health Coach K, you are on top of the world, enjoy the ride, and thanks for the joy you bring to all of us.
Go Duke!!


JC-OFC
 
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Devils Illustrated Football How PFF graded Duke's defense against William & Mary
  2. 02 Devils Illustrated Football How PFF graded Duke's offense against William & Mary
  3. 03 Devils Illustrated Football Watch: New Big J & Little J Show breaks down this weekend's romp and the first 4 games
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Under the Lights: 5-star prospects battle it out in Oklahoma
  5. 05 On3 Football On3 Heisman Trophy Poll: Top 10 player rankings after Week 4