The new university president should sit courtside and watch Frank coach

TheRoo

Joined Nov 3, 2021
Feb 6, 2022
Frank is over the top in any generation. If Frank's courtside behavior was a little more professional, he might be able to get players he doesn't have to yell at as much.

Even Bobby Knight would mix up the intensity with some praise during a game. Also, Knight was a consistent winner. Much eaiser to buy into that chaos if you're winning.

DrMickeySC

Jan 23, 2022
It’s kinda scary, to be honest. Lots of coaches yell at players and curse at them. But holy cow, when he gets going it’s just embarrassing. It’s over a line where you can see the players look dead trying not to make eye contact. I have no idea how that is supposed to inspire better play. And yes, I’m old enough that coaches weren’t your friends. But I would never have played for a coach like that.

Of course, if I’m not mistaken, this topic has been raised once or twice around here. I’m not really adding anything new.

Reactions: 92Pony and Maxcy
Jan 18, 2022
Evidently good HS players have, that's why Frank can't get any. Look, I'm a huge Bobby Knight fan but that type of coaching doesn't work. Kids today can't handle it.

We just got a good HS player who said that one of the reasons he's coming here is Frank's coaching style.

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
We just got a good HS player who said that one of the reasons he's coming here is Frank's coaching style.
Ok, I guess after a decade Frank has turned the corner. When do you think we'll make the tournament? 2023? 2024?

4USC

Feb 6, 2022
I don't care if he screams at players... I care if he wins or not. And right now he's not winning. When we went to the final 4 nobody gave 2 ***** about him screaming at anyone. Just win baby.
didn't martin get disciplined for this very thing, it was probation for his antics on the court side. if memory is correct it was before the final four run.

capngamecock

Joined Apr 11, 2019
Jan 26, 2022
didn't martin get disciplined for this very thing, it was probation for his antics on the court side. if memory is correct it was before the final four run.
Pretty sure he did in his first years here, while we were losing 20+ games a year. Winning fixes a lot of issues.

Reactions: 4USC

funktavious

Joined Mar 20, 2002
Jan 31, 2022
Evidently good HS players have, that's why Frank can't get any. Look, I'm a huge Bobby Knight fan but that type of coaching doesn't work. Kids today can't handle it.
Recruiting to USC hasn't been all about the coach. We've struggled since we left the ACC. Even Frank McGuire struggled to recruit here after we left. We'd have to bring in a huge name coach like Rick Pitino or we'd have to cheat our asses off to consistently sign blue chip players.

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
Recruiting to USC hasn't been all about the coach. We've struggled since we left the ACC. Even Frank McGuire struggled to recruit here after we left. We'd have to bring in a huge name coach like Rick Pitino or we'd have to cheat our asses off to consistently sign blue chip players.
And it bears repeating again and again . Roche & Owens would not have even considered USC were we not in the ACC.

Last edited:
Reactions: GCJerryUSC

athenscock3

Feb 7, 2022
Wasn't Muschamp told to tone it down in his early days? Seems like I recall Tenner having a word with him on that subject???

LBGCOCK

Joined Feb 16, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
I don't care if he screams at players... I care if he wins or not. And right now he's not winning. When we went to the final 4 nobody gave 2 ***** about him screaming at anyone. Just win baby.
Pretty sure 15-10 is a winning record. He’s won 5 more times than he’s lost, so technically he is winning.

Reactions: Maccmaine12

irmococky

Feb 1, 2022
Pretty sure 15-10 is a winning record. He’s won 5 more times than he’s lost, so technically he is winning.
Anyone who defends him, I wish you had the opportunity to sit courtside and watch his behavior (coaching) up close.

LBGCOCK

Joined Feb 16, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
Watching a bit tonight. He’s an embarrassment. How in the world he preaches his ******** about character and discipline and integrity and treats his players like dogshit…how anyone defends please.…just go away please FM.
Yelling at them when they do something wrong or when they’re giving BS effort isn’t treating them like dogshit, far from it actually. The way guys that played for him talk about him does not go along with your assessment of him.

Reactions: Maccmaine12

irmococky

Feb 1, 2022
Yelling at them when they do something wrong or when they’re giving BS effort isn’t treating them like dogshit, far from it actually. The way guys that played for him talk about him does not go along with your assessment of him.
Aside from a few of the final four guys…what former players?

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
Right. Even players he kicked off the team love him. I wish ppl would stop making up false narratives lol

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
He would be apalled when Frank plays his son over AJ Wilson while deficits grow, or a lead shrinks

Reactions: Geek

capngamecock

Joined Apr 11, 2019
Jan 26, 2022
If he can't make the NCAA tournament, he's got to go... Maybe being mediocre is good enough for some fans, but those fans are the problem.

Reactions: Legendary Cock

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Saturday, even though we won, he yelled at a player “you dumbass” (disclaimer: my hearing and lip reading skills may be wrong). This after last week at least once yelling “you’re a f’n embarrassment“ at a player. My hope is, even though he was glaring at one of our players as we were going to timeout, maybe he was actually yelling at the ref.:rolleyes:

It’s a fine line. BUT…..the majority of his players seem to appreciate him so who knows. I just want to win and we can deal later with some fine tuning. I still think this is a good team that was handled not so great in some games. Personally I like Frank as I do think he cares about people. Doubt we make the big dance, but i guess there’s always hope.

Reactions: 92Pony and atl-cock

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
I can’t stand Frank. Never liked him. But for the Frankbots, how do you defend losing 4 of the last 5 to Clemp?

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I can’t stand Frank. Never liked him. But for the Frankbots, how do you defend losing 4 of the last 5 to Clemp?
Not a Frankbot, but beating Clemron is of a lower priority than winning conference championships and dancing. Of course, none of the aforementioned are currently happening....

Maccmaine12

Joined Oct 19, 2020
Jan 31, 2022
Saturday, even though we won, he yelled at a player “you dumbass” (disclaimer: my hearing and lip reading skills may be wrong). This after last week at least once yelling “you’re a f’n embarrassment“ at a player. My hope is, even though he was glaring at one of our players as we were going to timeout, maybe he was actually yelling at the ref.:rolleyes:

It’s a fine line. BUT…..the majority of his players seem to appreciate him so who knows. I just want to win and we can deal later with some fine tuning. I still think this is a good team that was handled not so great in some games. Personally I like Frank as I do think he cares about people. Doubt we make the big dance, but i guess there’s always hope.
Another false narrative. Y’all just can’t help it. If you didn’t hear him say that why would you even make this comment? 😂

Creek Snake

Feb 16, 2022
I have no problem with a coach yelling at a player,but when he yells at the player the entire time out period with a look on his face like is going to explode,its too much.Frank looks like his blood pressure is through the roof every time the camera shows him.The sad part is I think Frank is a good person and cares about his players.All you have to do is look at all the top players who have turned USC down from in state.They just don't want to play for a coach like that.

Reactions: atl-cock

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
Another false narrative. Y’all just can’t help it. If you didn’t hear him say that why would you even make this comment? 😂
The disclaimer was for people like you……the courtside mic picks it up and the lips don’t lie when hooked up to coincide with the sound.…..watch and listen for yourself. It’s to over the top for a once every 10 year tourney team. At least clean that up if you’re going to lose 15 games a year.

Latest posts