The old board didn’t go away

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
You see, your attitude right there would have gotten you banned over there. Think what a loss that would be.
You are so literal minded, sucker. I bet you thought the old board was going away.

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
Hinders the usual civil discourse that made the board so well-regarded by outsiders.
OTOH, lack of rules makes for great click bait. Ask Facebook.

IANit

Oct 6, 2021
Just under new management, suckers.
It's run by the guy who runs the Rutgers rivals site. Not familiar with him or sure how I feel about that. I'll give it a shot. If I found out he said stuff like some of Rutgers' fans in the past then I'm done.

Reactions: ODShowtime

IANit

Oct 6, 2021
They posted new rules. Very, very, very bad rules.
They aren't all bad, but some of them seem tough to enforce, IMO. Also, some things that people have come to expect, like psuro's sig pics, Art's ad hominem attacks, bushie's diatribes would all be subject to deletion. You also can't bring up alleged or actual insider information unless it came from a news article. Guess if I want to peddle in innuendo and rumor I'll have to create a fake news article first. :) Also, you aren't supposed to attack other posters. That can go too far, but we're adults - we should expect that not everyone's going to agree with us when it comes to football and they may express that passionately. It will be interesting to see how they enforce it.

LookSharp

Oct 25, 2021
They aren't all bad, but some of them seem tough to enforce, IMO. Also, some things that people have come to expect, like psuro's sig pics, Art's ad hominem attacks, bushie's diatribes would all be subject to deletion. You also can't bring up alleged or actual insider information unless it came from a news article. Guess if I want to peddle in innuendo and rumor I'll have to create a fake news article first. :) Also, you aren't supposed to attack other posters. That can go too far, but we're adults - we should expect that not everyone's going to agree with us when it comes to football and they may express that passionately. It will be interesting to see how they enforce it.

So let me get this straight. If what Manatree says above is true then it was BWI which skirted the rules and not Rivals. So now that BWI is here the old rules still apply? :cool:

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021

Some of their new rules make sense, while others are stupid. Two issues I see are, (1) the new mods could alienate people if they are heavy handed, and (2) the new mods could be creating more work for themselves than is necessary to have a good forum.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Also believe you can’t link/quote proprietary information (news articles, etc.). Some rules will be difficult to moderate (harassment, ‘calling out’ posters, ‘dominating’ the conversation) but they’re nice in theory. For obvious reasons, any WTH polls (if allowed) will be on this board going forward.