The worst message board cliches......

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Feel free to add on. Just more of the day to day gems we see year in and year out and this is true of most boards.

• Losing big games isn't acceptable to PSUPosterZ. Really, man I hope the staff and team knows PSUPosterZ isn't accepting those loses. Seems to move the needle a bunch?
  • QB X struggles against better competition. Man, earth shattering news there at any level...better teams and defenses make QB's struggle. Who would have known? Mind blowing material there.
  • Coach isn't beating top 5 teams at a higher clip. The records against top 5 for 98% of the D1 world is fairly similar for the most part, but saying it should be better usually will make it so.
  • Recruit X in his soph year has no stars and no big time offers...WTF is this staff doing. Some folks just never learn apparently.
  • We need a new HC as our HC is in year 3 of a 10 year deal while winning 10 games a year. Sound financial planning there with that contract first and then thinking this can happen, but maybe not accepting it makes it better. If this triggers you, you just want to win more or are better fan...pick up your participation trophy champ.
  • We need to recruit better at certain positions like "elite" programs, but I hate NIL and won't give until this HC wins a MNC as other people screwed a past coach so let's make this coach pay for it. The mental gymnastics are brilliant here. Then complain about the W's against ranked opponents out the other side of your mouth. Sharp!!!!
  • 40 years ago PSU was elite so they still should be. Army and Navy agree.
  • Player X sucks and the backup needs to start, they cannot be worse. Ah yes as most coaches in the modern game don't really care about W's. It's about pleasing the parents and pissing off the fans...besides guys in the stand clearly know better.
  • You can only look at 2 games a year to judge the HC.....yet another brilliant take.

Last edited:

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Big Ten officiating sucks and the refs are out to screw PSU. The former may be true in some cases. As for the latter, it may be a product of the former but sometimes you have to wonder.

The Whiteout must be against a team I approve of (Ohio State or Michigan). It's schedule dependent but folks need to realize it's more in the hands of the networks nowadays.

The mods are violating my free speech rights. It makes me laugh when people don't know how the free speech thing works.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Recruit A (white skill position) reminds me of Player B (must be white as well). Every. Single. Time. Cracks me up.

And just to be clear, I like nice people of all shapes, sizes, colors, beliefs, preferences.
Yeah, like those articles saying that Danny Ainge wasn’t all that athletic but worked harder than anyone. (Ainge played in the NBA, MLB, and probably could have played on the PGA tour.)

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
James Franklin against:

Top 10 Teams - 3-17 (six losses in years 1 & 2)
Top 25 Teams - 12-25
OSU & Mich - 4-16

Our fans:

Happy Feel Good GIF

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
  • Any post that uses the word "embarrassment" to describe the result of (or something that happened within) a game...if the result of a Penn State/NFL/etc game played by others "embarrasses" you, I'd say you need a priority reset.
  • Every post laughing about a player from another team getting in trouble, while then twisting in circles trying to justify how minimal the infraction is when it's a member of the team you support.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Big Ten officiating sucks and the refs are out to screw PSU. The former may be true in some cases. As for the latter, it may be a product of the former but sometimes you have to wonder.

The Whiteout must be against a team I approve of (Ohio State or Michigan). It's schedule dependent but folks need to realize it's more in the hands of the networks nowadays.

The mods are violating my free speech rights. It makes me laugh when people don't know how the free speech thing works.
That one is not limited to this or sports message boards.

Corner Room Breakfast

Oct 27, 2021
Feel free to add on. Just more of the day to day gems we see year in and year out and this is true of most boards.

• Losing big games isn't acceptable to PSUPosterZ. Really, man I hope the staff and team knows PSUPosterZ isn't accepting those loses. Seems to move the needle a bunch?
  • QB X struggles against better competition. Man, earth shattering news there at any level...better teams and defenses make QB's struggle. Who would have known? Mind blowing material there.
  • Coach isn't beating top 5 teams at a higher clip. The records against top 5 for 98% of the D1 world is fairly similar for the most part, but saying it should be better usually will make it so.
  • Recruit X in his soph year has no stars and no big time offers...WTF is this staff doing. Some folks just never learn apparently.
  • We need a new HC as our HC is in year 3 of a 10 year deal while winning 10 games a year. Sound financial planning there with that contract first and then thinking this can happen, but maybe not accepting it makes it better. If this triggers you, you just want to win more or are better fan...pick up your participation trophy champ.
  • We need to recruit better at certain positions like "elite" programs, but I hate NIL and won't give until this HC wins a MNC as other people screwed a past coach so let's make this coach pay for it. The mental gymnastics are brilliant here. Then complain about the W's against ranked opponents out the other side of your mouth. Sharp!!!!
  • Player X sucks and the backup needs to start, they cannot be worse. Ah yes as most coaches in the modern game don't really care about W's. It's about pleasing the parents and pissing off the fans...besides guys in the stand clearly know better.
  • You can only look at 2 games a year to judge the HC.....yet another brilliant take.
1715372594595.png

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021

If you get rid of Franklin, who you gonna get to replace him, huh? huh?
(as though Franklin is irreplaceable)

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
If you get rid of Franklin, who you gonna get to replace him, huh? huh?
(as though Franklin is irreplaceable)
Write your check....nobody is stopping you. Nahhh,,,,just keep grabbing your ankles and your butt cheeks to talk out of. Nobody has ever said he is "irreplaceable", unfireable due to his contract and his win totals the last couple of years...yeah but when you don't have common sense at all you resort to making things up. Even unfirebale is wrong if he tanks horribly (you can hope I guess) or does something really stupid off the field, but that isn't what is occurring right now. Reality is hard for folks like you in particular to deal with...I get that.

Get rid of him...go ahead....you cut him out right now and get your top 5 coach with PSU right now. You can ride in on your rainbow unicorn to do it as that is about as realistic of a chance of it happening as you doing anything other than posting on a free message board about it.

Smart Ass Butthead GIF

Last edited:

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
Write your check....nobody is stopping you. Nahhh,,,,just keep grabbing your ankles and your butt cheeks to talk out of. Nobody has ever said he is "irreplaceable", unfireable due to his contract and his win totals the last couple of years...yeah but when you don't have common sense at all you resort to making things up. Even unfirebale is wrong if he tanks horribly (you can hope I guess) or does something really stupid off the field, but that isn't what is occurring right now. Reality is hard for folks like you in particular to deal with...I get that.

Get rid of him...go ahead....you cut him out right now and get your top 5 coach with PSU right now. You can ride in on your rainbow unicorn to do it as that is about as realistic of a chance of it happening as you doing anything other than posting on a free message board about it.

Smart *** Butthead GIF
Trigger GIF by MOODMAN

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021

- “the coach didn’t have them ready to play”. As if a coach can wave a magic wand and get an entire team ready to go every single game.
- “he got outcoached” every time a team loses or has a close win. I guess it has nothing to do with how the players played.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021

I gave you a “like” only because you’re either the new LaJolkaLion or someone who is good at mimicking him.

Last edited:

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
- “the coach didn’t have them ready to play”. As if a coach can wave a magic wand and get an entire team ready to go every single game.
- “he got outcoached” every time a team loses or has a close win. I guess it has nothing to do with how the players played.
The outcoached one for ANY coach for any team is so overused. When any coach coaches loses you can use it basically every time. Is it a kind of given? Bama posters would say that after a loss,,,,seriously?

Reactions: EPC FAN and Ludd

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021

That play shows poor coaching on several levels. First is even trying for 2 when missing keeps you two scores down. Second is not teaching the QB to see the defense and take a delay of game since the play, obviously, isn't going to work. If he took a delay they can kick it and be one score down.

Look at Michigan's defense on that play - they were well prepared.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Excellent.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
That play shows poor coaching on several levels. First is even trying for 2 when missing keeps you two scores down. Second is not teaching the QB to see the defense and take a delay of game since the play, obviously, isn't going to work. If he took a delay they can kick it and be one score down.

The horse has been long dead with respect to your first comment. As to the second, clearly this play was why the game was lost. Geez.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021

Unless it works….coaching after the fact is so easy, too bad the actual coaches can’t do it.

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
The outcoached one for ANY coach for any team is so overused. When any coach coaches loses you can use it basically every time. Is it a kind of given? Bama posters would say that after a loss,,,,seriously?
I see it when a team loses a close game or gets beat by 50. I see it when two teams have equal talent or even when the losing team has no talent. If you look at the message boards from the teams we beat (like Rutgers and WVU for example) they had a bunch of posts saying their coach got outcoached by Franklin, yet many of our posters said it was just the talent differential.

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
The horse has been long dead with respect to your first comment. As to the second, clearly this play was why the game was lost. Geez.
Franklin lost to an interim head coach that day. That photo is just the tip of the iceberg.
I see it when a team loses a close game or gets beat by 50. I see it when two teams have equal talent or even when the losing team has no talent. If you look at the message boards from the teams we beat (like Rutgers and WVU for example) they had a bunch of posts saying their coach got outcoached by Franklin, yet many of our posters said it was just the talent differential.
It's a combo of talent and coaching. But there are certain coaches who seem to be able to get more out of their scheme or people than others. Look at Larry Johnson who pumps out DL left and right. Did it here and at OSU. Urban Meyer took a beleaguered Bowling Green team and just kept winning at every stop thereafter. The NFL is littered with guys who also do it. There are guys out there who can do it, and though they are rare, James just isn't one of them.
Unless it works….coaching after the fact is so easy, too bad the actual coaches can’t do it.
Yeah, that isn't really how that gets analyzed. That's like saying you cheated on your taxes and didn't get caught, genius move!

Reactions: Midnighter

Ludd

Oct 12, 2021
Franklin lost to an interim head coach that day. That photo is just the tip of the iceberg.

It's a combo of talent and coaching. But there are certain coaches who seem to be able to get more out of their scheme or people than others. Look at Larry Johnson who pumps out DL left and right. Did it here and at OSU. Urban Meyer took a beleaguered Bowling Green team and just kept winning at every stop thereafter. The NFL is littered with guys who also do it. There are guys out there who can do it, and though they are rare, James just isn't one of them.

Yeah, that isn't really how that gets analyzed. That's like saying you cheated on your taxes and didn't get caught, genius move!
And the coaches you mention aren’t winning with low end talent either in college or the NFL. I agree it’s a combo of talent and coaching, but you and many others weigh the coaching part way too much. According to many Franklin can only beat teams that have less talent, yet when we have less talent (like against OSU) he gets outcoached…hypocrisy at its finest.