Things are always darkest before they go totally dark.

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
I was checking out alternatives for "college" football loving fans come next year and the new B1G.

York College - Undefeated in 233 years. There is the fact they don't play football, but there are few frustrations with their program.

Slippery Rock and Kutztown Universities - They had 12 win seasons. No opt outs, no excuses, and no money grabs. My neighbor's son plays for West Chester and I enjoyed watching them play. Take in a game or two on a Fall weekend. There is a PSAC team within an hour drive of everyone in PA.

Lebanon Valley College - 6-4 record and they go by the name "Flying Dutchmen". I am in. I think the PSU basketball coach played his ball there.

We once had a coach who told us to have reasonable expectations. He was crucified for that as I recall. I am trying to take his advice. After ten years we know what we have. The record is clear. We will pad our record with wins against teams without a pulse and ranked teams will more likely than not have their way with us. We are a program that other teams use to pad their resume. Unfortunate, but it is the truth. Which is worse: indifference or dislike?

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
Think you should recognize that you may have Penn State Football too high on your priority list. If you cannot wake up the day after a loss and shrug it off…step back and reevaluate.

I used to let any of my teams losing impact me for a few days years ago and finally I was like why the f am I allowing this to influence me for several days. I will stay pissed or disappointed for rest of that day, but I do not allow it to go beyond that. Much healthier.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
I was checking out alternatives for "college" football loving fans come next year and the new B1G.

York College - Undefeated in 233 years. There is the fact they don't play football, but there are few frustrations with their program.

Slippery Rock and Kutztown Universities - They had 12 win seasons. No opt outs, no excuses, and no money grabs. My neighbor's son plays for West Chester and I enjoyed watching them play. Take in a game or two on a Fall weekend. There is a PSAC team within an hour drive of everyone in PA.

Lebanon Valley College - 6-4 record and they go by the name "Flying Dutchmen". I am in. I think the PSU basketball coach played his ball there.

We once had a coach who told us to have reasonable expectations. He was crucified for that as I recall. I am trying to take his advice. After ten years we know what we have. The record is clear. We will pad our record with wins against teams without a pulse and ranked teams will more likely than not have their way with us. We are a program that other teams use to pad their resume. Unfortunate, but it is the truth. Which is worse: indifference or dislike?
Big Paterno fan but he deserved to be criticized for that comment.