Think Georgia will use same defensive scheme as North Carolina?

MetroATLGamecock

Joined Jan 25, 2016
Jan 23, 2022
Think we can keep it even on offense - but if Georgia sends the defensive front in crossing pattens like NC did - we are toast.

Really hope we can get some heat on their QB too.

Hope I am wrong... Praying for a miracle!

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Think we can keep it even on offense - but if Georgia sends the defensive front in crossing pattens like NC did - we are toast.

We’re going to see more 2 TE sets, screens, etc…to try to counter that. So I don’t think our O will look like it did in the UNC game.

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Georgia has given up 10 points so far this season and all 10 have come late against third and fourth team players. I think Kirby will do exactly what he has done so far.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
Unless there is marked improvement, I don’t know that we will see that many twists or stunts. I’m sure to start, they are banking in just being a lot better than we are upfront.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
An interesting stat that may prove to be difference maker in the game: UGA is 86th in the country in pressure rate on the QB. That's after playing TN Tech and Ball State. I guess you could say maybe they didn't show too much defensively. But I would also expect their front 4 to be better than that given the level of competition. If that holds in this game, we're gonna score. Especially if Juice is finally back. Juice, X, and Lewis are a nasty trio. Better than any 3 UGA will put on the field. And we have a QB that's miles better than Beck.

Reactions: Cackmandu

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
If our OL routinely retreats 5 or 6 yards before making contact, probably.

Cackmandu

Feb 2, 2022
I'm not sure that's a part of your scheme that you would be trying to hide, I don't care who you're playing you're not going to tell you're Dline to not sack the qb we don't want to show anything!

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I'm not sure that's a part of your scheme that you would be trying to hide, I don't care who you're playing you're not going to tell you're Dline to not sack the qb we don't want to show anything!

I agree. But I don't think UGA has played their best yet. Whether by design or not, they appear to have somewhat sleepwalked through their first 2 games.

I guess if we have any advantage in this game, it's that we've already faced a tough opponent and they haven't.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I agree. I'm just saying I doubt they were dialing up many exotic blitzes and such. But they still should have been able to get pressure with 4. Which is encouraging.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022

I think UNC's scheme worked because they had no trouble pushing our linemen back and we couldn't block for sh**.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I think UNC's scheme worked because they had no trouble pushing our linemen back and we couldn't block for sh**.
That's true. They also got a lot of pressure on App St. UNC is one of the top teams in the country in pressures. I know we had a lot to do with it, but they obviously made that a priority in the offseason.