Tom Herman to FAU

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
We all hate Tom Herman here, but this is a hell of a hire or Florida Atlantic. I get the Texas deal didn’t go well, but he isn’t the first coach to struggle there. He’ll have some success for the Owls.

Thinking Jamey Chadwell ends up with the USF job. That should tell our fans all they really need to know. For him to take that job tells me he’s not getting serious looks from bigger jobs. Obviously he has to take a step up before he’s getting that.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
We all hate Tom Herman here, but this is a hell of a hire or Florida Atlantic. I get the Texas deal didn’t go well, but he isn’t the first coach to struggle there. He’ll have some success for the Owls.

Thinking Jamey Chadwell ends up with the USF job. That should tell our fans all they really need to know. For him to take that job tells me he’s not getting serious looks from bigger jobs. Obviously he has to take a step up before he’s getting that.
I'm thinking Deon to USF. Better gig than CU but not sure they offered him.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I'm thinking Deon to USF. Better gig than CU but not sure they offered him.
I’ve heard it’s coming down to Colorado and Cincinnati at this point. USF would’ve been willing to hire him in a heartbeat, and according to media in Tampa they did offer, but I think he realizes the challenges there as they are playing catch-up in the facilities game in a major way. Wants input in new on-campus stadium scheduled to open in 2026…but I’d say Deion isn’t expecting to be around the program he chooses in 2026. All of these jobs are just a step up to the next one. Not sure USF has all the pieces in place to get Deion though I think he seriously considered it. I’d say due to the recruiting ties in that area. But I believe Deion is confident he’ll be able to recruit wherever he goes.

But never know. Apparently Deion is going to be somewhere by Sunday so…won’t have to wait too long. I think the expectation is he’ll be at Colorado.

Reactions: Viennacock

TopHook

Jan 18, 2022

ElegantShamelessIguanodon-max-1mb.gif
And for Chadwell. Same thing I said about tCarolina. He will leave. Probably an OC in the NFL or position coach.

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
I don't hate TH. The guy had issues relating to his players at UTex. Maybe he figures it out.
His teams at UH were excellent.

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
It's not an "uninspired hire." Dude has been successful. FAU clearly wants offense and they'll get it.

It's not like hiring Muschamp to USC for sure.