Virginia State law changed to permit schools to directly sign players to NIL deals

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Which will blow up
Like it always does Into ridiculous payments.

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
Interesting. I don't know that as a school I want to do these kinds of deals. Seems to open you up to litigation when the deals go sour. Would rather have the third-party "buffer" of willful ignorance.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
What is the NIL part for schools? Are they going to broker deals and act as an intermediary? Or is this so they can pay Nick Singleton to promote Penn State athletics? I assume collectives will still be a thing since universities will have to have more transparency and oversight....

Reactions: LionJim

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
What is the NIL part for schools? Are they going to broker deals and act as an intermediary? Or is this so they can pay Nick Singleton to promote Penn State athletics? I assume collectives will still be a thing since universities will have to have more transparency and oversight....
No extra effort need be involved. If PSU runs a promotional in which it runs tape of a play in a real game, it simply pays the player(s) involved a royalty. hell, if they catch players on the sideline watching, they can pay them, too. I love it. Fewer and fewer excuses for Big Game James not to win championships.

Reactions: Midnighter

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
wait until Texas says that schools can use earnings from their endowments to pay players!