Washington and Oregon to the Big 10 is "imminent"

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
In the opinion of Joel Klatt, at least.

Colin Cowherd also said in the interview, matter of factly, that FSU and Clemson are heading to the SEC. Finebaum also holds this view.

Other reports have the Big 10 looking to also pick up Stanford and Cal.

Arizona, Arizona State, Utah and Colorado will head to Big 12.

Though Big is looking to add Oregon and Washington, and possibly Stanford and Cal, it's not expected that it will increase per team revenue drastically.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
In the opinion of Joel Klatt, at least.

Colin Cowherd also said in the interview, matter of factly, that FSU and Clemson are heading to the SEC. Finebaum also holds this view.

Other reports have the Big 10 looking to also pick up Stanford and Cal.

Arizona, Arizona State, Utah and Colorado will head to Big 12.

Though Big is looking to add Oregon and Washington, and possibly Stanford and Cal, it's not expected that it will increase per team revenue drastically.
The ones being added to the B1G at this time are coming in for reduced shares according to several sources. They will have to attain parity over time. Maryland will not attain parity until 2026.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
The ones being added to the B1G at this time are coming in for reduced shares according to several sources. They will have to attain parity over time. Maryland will not attain parity until 2026.
I believe SoCal and UCLA were granted equal shares starting out: https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...n-revenue-share-before-rutgers-heres-why.html

But, yes, rumored additions would not.

All of these additions are quantity, not quality.

If these are the additions is making, I see no need for the SEC to make any additional moves. None of these moves get them into the southeast, (which everyone is freaking out about for some reason). There's really nobody the SEC can add who adds value. FSU and Clemson make the most sense if someone HAS to be added, but neither of them would be title contenders in the SEC.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I believe SoCal and UCLA were granted equal shares starting out: https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/...n-revenue-share-before-rutgers-heres-why.html

But, yes, rumored additions would not.

All of these additions are quantity, not quality.

If these are the additions is making, I see no need for the SEC to make any additional moves. None of these moves get them into the southeast, (which everyone is freaking out about for some reason). There's really nobody the SEC can add who adds value. FSU and Clemson make the most sense if someone HAS to be added, but neither of them would be title contenders in the SEC.
A voice "crying in the wilderness". :ROFLMAO: Why can't you embrace the mayhem? My only concern is that the SEC come through all this in a strong position. That's up to Sankey and the presidents. You might want to write them.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
A voice "crying in the wilderness". :ROFLMAO: Why can't you embrace the mayhem? My only concern is that he SEC come through all this in a strong position. That's up to Sankey and the presidents. You might want to write them.

I'm not going to bother digging up old threads, but you have previously lamented hyper-expansion.

I'm mostly not decrying it (though partly). Mostly, it just doesn't make sense to me. Nobody can give a cogent argument for expansion. I've begged for one, but nobody can do it.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I'm not going to bother digging up old threads, but you have previously lamented hyper-expansion.

I'm mostly not decrying it (though partly). Mostly, it just doesn't make sense to me. Nobody can give a cogent argument for expansion. I've begged for one, but nobody can do it.
Or maybe you are just intransigent and Moses couldn't convince you. šŸ¤£šŸ˜„šŸ˜‰

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022

I'm mostly not decrying it (though partly). Mostly, it just doesn't make sense to me. Nobody can give a cogent argument for. expansion. I've begged for one, but nobody can do it.
I lament it also.....heck I still miss our old ACC days. But all this expansion is at least intellectually interesting....who conferences are targeting and why....for some (conferences and schools) its not all about athletics, for others it is. Love all the machinations. Whose playing chess and whose playing checkers....obviously the PAC commissioner was playing checkers and not very well.

Reactions: KingWard

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022

Money

Seems like we had this conversation earlier this week.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022

Partner, I've been messing with you some, but I'm feelin' ya (figuratively). This has turned into a Three Mile Island. Might turn out to be Chernobyl.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I lament it also.....heck I still miss our old ACC days. But all this expansion is at least intellectually interesting....who conferences are targeting and why....for some (conferences and schools) its not all about athletics, for others it is. Love all the machinations. Whose playing chess and whose playing checkers....obviously the PAC commissioner was playing checkers and not very well.
Does get the juices flowing, ain't no doubt about that.

Latest posts