Week O games this weekend. EDIT: NEXT WEEKEND

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Ok so CFB is back, that is good news, but in my opinion nothing really to see he. The NAVY vs ND are really the only 2 big names on the slate.
Navy could play well enough to be competitive for about 2 1/2 to 3 quarters, but ND should be too physical.
I'm an ARMY fan, but for this game, GO NAVY

Last edited:

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Gave me a heart attack. Week 0 games are next Saturday (8/26). Thought I'd screwed up my schedule!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Prestonyte

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Ok so CFB is back, that is good news, but in my opinion nothing really to see he. The NAVY vs ND are really the only 2 big names on the slate.
Navy could play well enough to be competitive for about 2 1/2 to 3 quarters, but ND should be too physical.
I'm an ARMY fan, but for this game, GO NAVY
I don’t mind bad games the first week of football. In my opinion, College Football messed up by having all these week 1 big games at neutral sites. I want to see UNC at Williams Brice or is in Chapel Hill, not Charlotte. Same goes for FSU and LSU…would be much better in Tallahassee or Baton Rouge than Orlando. And in my opinion, it would be better to play those games in Week 2 rather than Week 1.

Here’s my reasoning…the first week, fans are just thrilled Football is back. We’ll be way more jacked up about playing New Mexico State in the opener than in Week 2 or 3. But when they started having all these good week 1 matchups, the crap games got moved back a week. So you had this awesome first week of college Football, but then the 2nd week was a complete dud.

it seems like the schedule this year is actually way better regarding that. Not quite as many huge matchups the first week. But still some good games. I do just wish they’d stop with all the neutral site stuff and just do some home and homes.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
I don’t mind bad games the first week of football. In my opinion, College Football messed up by having all these week 1 big games at neutral sites. I want to see UNC at Williams Brice or is in Chapel Hill, not Charlotte. Same goes for FSU and LSU…would be much better in Tallahassee or Baton Rouge than Orlando. And in my opinion, it would be better to play those games in Week 2 rather than Week 1.

Here’s my reasoning…the first week, fans are just thrilled Football is back. We’ll be way more jacked up about playing New Mexico State in the opener than in Week 2 or 3. But when they started having all these good week 1 matchups, the crap games got moved back a week. So you had this awesome first week of college Football, but then the 2nd week was a complete dud.

it seems like the schedule this year is actually way better regarding that. Not quite as many huge matchups the first week. But still some good games. I do just wish they’d stop with all the neutral site stuff and just do some home and homes.
To address the neutral site question, as usual it's all about the money. Both schools receive more money (it's significant) than adding an extra home game.
Is it right ? I guess that is debatable.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
To address the neutral site question, as usual it's all about the money. Both schools receive more money (it's significant) than adding an extra home game.
Is it right ? I guess that is debatable.
No doubt. Always about $$. But sucks to not see these great matchups at home stadiums.

But it does seem like it could be easily fixed. Could we not have the Duke’s Mayo Kickoff Classic in Chapel Hill or Columbia? It’s not the stadium as much as the sponsor.

Im sure a lot of the teams aren’t quite as interested in going on the road for these games too. Big difference in playing LSU in Orlando than in Baton Rouge, and same for Tallahassee. But I think this is one thing expansion is actually got to help fix. Just one thing…

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Florida travels to Utah for their opener for a Thursday night game. I'll give that some attention.
Yea, this is going to be the best game of the week in my opinion. Will be a very difficult test on the road for Florida. We saw how much Utah struggled against them in the Swamp last season. I know Utah isn’t the Swamp, but expecting Florida to struggle a bit in that one.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I like Week 0. It's the perfect warm-up to the real start of the season. None of the games are good enough to be can't-miss, but definitely worth putting on the tv if you happen to have some time. Great way to whet the appetite.

Reactions: Lurker123

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I like Week 0. It's the perfect warm-up to the real start of the season. None of the games are good enough to be can't-miss, but definitely worth putting on the tv if you happen to have some time. Great way to whet the appetite.
Count me in. Opposite of above, the Navy/ND game is lowest on my lost, and glad it's going to be out of the way early. Maybe I'll get stuff done before watching.

But I'm that guy that watches Fresno state vs unless if it's on TV, because I love college football.

(I liked the post though, because I will hear for Navy this week against my natural tendencies.)

Reactions: 18IsTheMan