Welcome Pennsylvania Western University

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
We’ll crush them in football!
:) Wife is a Cal U alum. Cal had a really good football team the years she was there. They went 13-1 in '07 but unfortunaly lost in the national semis. For as small as the school is, it was a great atmosphere and fun football to watch!

Reactions: JohnJumba and PSU73

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
:) Wife is a Cal U alum. Cal had a really good football team the years she was there. They went 13-1 in '07 but unfortunaly lost in the national semis. For as small as the school is, it was a great atmosphere and fun football to watch!
A lot of my classmates from HS went there 69-73. It had changed its name from Cal St Teachers College a while earlier to become Cal St, but remained for some time the place to go (where I grew up anyway) if you wanted to go into teaching. I just checked and it became a 'University' in 1983.

Reactions: FrontierLion

Fac

Oct 12, 2021
A lot of my classmates from HS went there 69-73. It had changed its name from Cal St Teachers College a while earlier to become Cal St, but remained for some time the place to go (where I grew up anyway) if you wanted to go into teaching. I just checked and it became a 'University' in 1983.
I think most of the small state schools were know as teacher Colleges. I went to Clarion and it was. SRU was the place to go to become a gym teacher.

Reactions: PSU73