what allows opposition DEF to get away with cover "0"?

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
Lack of a deep threat. Be it WRs don't get separation, QB can't hit the throws, OL can't pass block long enough, and/or you don't establish a running game and play action to beat it.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Lack of a deep threat. Be it WRs don't get separation, QB can't hit the throws, OL can't pass block long enough, and/or you don't establish a running game and play action to beat it.
I somewhat disagree. A deep threat would be great, but so would turning a 5 yd pass into a long TD be better to back them off. Hit a quick slant, or a quick out, knock off a defender, and you have open field ahead. Pick plays will work great. Let the WR pick the LBers and flare the back out, should be wide open.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
I somewhat disagree. A deep threat would be great, but so would turning a 5 yd pass into a long TD be better to back them off. Hit a quick slant, or a quick out, knock off a defender, and you have open field ahead. Pick plays will work great. Let the WR pick the LBers and flare the back out, should be wide open.
Pick plays are illegal in college football, sir

Reactions: LionsAndBears

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
The best pass play that PSU ran against that defense was the first play of the game and then a similar play in the 2nd quarter -- Clifford rolls right and he had 3 crossing patterns at varying depths to choose from. Both times, he hit the correct WR and it got 20+ yards.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021

QB has to make the defense pay for running it.

Reactions: LionsAndBears