What are Penn State's odds to win the 2024 national championship?

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
Did we pick up a new multi-billionaire booster that I'm not aware of?

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Did we pick up a new multi-billionaire booster that I'm not aware of?

New offensive and defensive coordinators, Allar with another year under his belt, Franklin working his magic in the transfer portal…So many reasons to be optimistic! 😀

😞

• Haha
Reactions: Psu00

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Penn State Fans:

Dec 15, 2023
I would love to believe that we have a chance, but it is less than 1%. I haven't been this pessimistic since the early 2000s. Now I don't see early 2000s records, but our chance at a national title, being honest, is about what it was back then. Too many factors have changed.

1) We aren't buyers of elite players the way some programs can do.
2) We can't pay NFL money to dupe our 1st through 3rd round draft picks to come back like Ohio St.
3) We will never get a fair shake in officiating against Ohio St or Michigan if the game is close. Have to be 14 points better than them to get the win now.
4) The fake "playoff" has an agenda to get the teams that they want in the top 4 which has 1 less week of grind and injuries. A 16-team playoff would be fair. An 8-team playoff would be fair. A playoff giving a huge advantage to the top 4 chosen teams by the cabal, is not.

Last edited:

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I would love to believe we have a chance but it is less than 1%. I haven't been this pessimistic since the early 2000s. Now I don't see early 2000s records, but our chance at a national title, being honest, is about what it was back then. Too many factors have changed.

2) We can't pay NFL money to dupe our 1st through 3rd round draft picks to come back like Ohio St.
3) We will never get a fair shake in officiating against Ohio St or Michigan if the game is close. Have to be 14 points better than them to get the win now.
4) The fake "playoff" has an agenda to get the teams that they want in the top 4 which has 1 less week of grind and injuries. A 16 team playoff would be fair. An 8 team playoff would be fair. A playoff giving a huge advantage to the top 4 chosen teams by the cabal, is not.

Franklin has been more successful than most when it comes to keeping his team together (transfers). I do think we'll see a sea-change of sorts in college football next year - the last bastion of the 'old guard' is gone (Saban) and you're seeing top talent move on from historic powers (Ohio State, Alabama, etc.) for playing time elsewhere. I do think Penn State has a chance, and there is reason for optimism - new coordinators are solid, Fleming was a huge pick up, lots of talent returning; but, schedule is tough and Franklin is a wild card. Should be fun to watch.

Dec 15, 2023
Franklin has been more successful than most when it comes to keeping his team together (transfers). I do think we'll see a sea-change of sorts in college football next year - the last bastion of the 'old guard' is gone (Saban) and you're seeing top talent move on from historic powers (Ohio State, Alabama, etc.) for playing time elsewhere. I do think Penn State has a chance, and there is reason for optimism - new coordinators are solid, Fleming was a huge pick up, lots of talent returning; but, schedule is tough and Franklin is a wild card. Should be fun to watch.
You have good points. I can see a top 10 finish, but I still think national championship is 1% chance or so. It is certainly less than a 5% chance IMO.

Reactions: Midnighter

BostonNit

Oct 27, 2021

I keep hearing how the new coordinators are solid. The way I see it, D coordinator takes a slight step back. O coordinator only improves things if given a degree of autonomy which honestly I don't think we've seen since JoeMo was O coordinator.

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
I would love to believe that we have a chance, but it is less than 1%. I haven't been this pessimistic since the early 2000s. Now I don't see early 2000s records, but our chance at a national title, being honest, is about what it was back then. Too many factors have changed.

4) The fake "playoff" has an agenda to get the teams that they want in the top 4 which has 1 less week of grind and injuries. A 16-team playoff would be fair. An 8-team playoff would be fair. A playoff giving a huge advantage to the top 4 chosen teams by the cabal, is not.

Did Washington mean #1, #2, and #3 this year?

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I keep hearing how the new coordinators are solid. The way I see it, D coordinator takes a slight step back. O coordinator only improves things if given a degree of autonomy which honestly I don't think we've seen since JoeMo was O coordinator.

Agree with both points. I do think Kotelnicki is a unique hire because he’s been an OC for a long time and not coming off one hot season. Allen will be fine but he’s not Diaz. Good news is he may not have to be; the pressure is on AK IMO.

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
I would say the same odds as there being thunder snow in State College on Jan-12 - but that happened.

ILLINOISLION

Oct 12, 2021
Sad…..but Franklin’s ceiling / destiny is written as 10-2 and losing the bowl game.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Less than it was this year. Had a great chance this year with 4 teams. Now you may have to win away at someone’s home stadium twice perhaps .