What do we want to see happen on Saturday vs Ohio?

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
For me, to be recognized as an elite team competing for National Championship, I always look back to the 94 season and compare Ohio to when we played Rutgers or Temple that season.

I want:
-a final score for PSU in the 40s or 50s.

-a solid offensive performance with few mistakes.

- a RB with over 100 yds on the ground.

-at least 2 TDs on the ground and at least 3 thru the air.

- 0 turnovers on offense

-0 QB Sacks on Offense

-PSU up big by the end of the half, that 2nd/3rd stringers get a large amount of playing time in 2nd half(like 1994)

-defensively a shutout would be ideal but with 2nd/3rd stringer playing 2nd half, I would be okay with 1 or 2 Ohio scores in the 2nd half

-takeaways either by an interception or QB strip sack

-do not allow and big plays and have lots of 3 and outs

-special teams, I don't want to see any punts but if we do then keep Ohio pinned deep

-kickoff returns past our 35 yd line

-a return for a TD, can't remember when we last had one

-limit the missed tackles

I know pipe dream but I can dream can't he?

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
For me, to be recognized as an elite team competing for National Championship, I always look back to the 94 season and compare Ohio to when we played Rutgers or Temple that season.

I want:

- 0 turnovers on offense

-0 QB Sacks on Offense

-PSU up big by the end of the half, that 2nd/3rd stringers get a large amount of playing time in 2nd half(like 1994)

-defensively a shutout would be ideal but with 2nd/3rd stringer playing 2nd half, I would be okay with 1 or 2 Ohio scores in the 2nd half

-special teams, I don't want to see any punts but if we do then keep Ohio pinned deep

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
3+ score win.
A 100 yard rusher.
1 quarter+ for Allar, with full playbook and not just handoffs.
Some QB pressures with 4 man rush.

I'm satisfied with just a win but if I get to choose my terms I'd like to see some of the above.

blion72

Oct 30, 2021

I want:

- 0 turnovers on offense

-0 QB Sacks on Offense

A major beat down on them so bad that we see few if any starters after HT. Dominate so we are running 3rd and 4th teamers by 4th QTR. Min 600 yds offense balanced likely two rushers over 100 yds and team avg > 6 ypc. All 4 QBs hit the field. Clifford out after 1st QTR.

hold OU under 200 yds offense and at least 5 sacks with many TFL's. Looking for Idaho style smashing.

At no time does the game even feel to be a threat, NOBODY on this forum is complaining will be the primary metric. So anything that looks like the Villanova cluster FK from last year would be major disappointment.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021

I want:

- 0 turnovers on offense

-0 QB Sacks on Offense

a win

Ceasar

Oct 7, 2021
The same thing I have wanted for quite some time. To physically dominate the opposition. To see PSU impose its will on Ohio from opening kickoff to victory bell and set the tone that this team is different, we are going to knock you off the line, we don't care if you know what play we call, you can't stop it, and our defense is going to punish you. That's all.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021

I want:

- 0 turnovers on offense

-0 QB Sacks on Offense

What, no official Red Ryder carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle with a compass in the stock?

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
7 hundred yard rushers.....1150 yards total offense. Allar plays 45 minutes throws 5 TDs.....defense pitches a shut out, Joey Porter 3 pick sixes.......everyone plays and in the 4th quarter they suit up students .....and someone here still bitches.

ODShowtime

Nov 1, 2021
I'm still pissed about what happened 10 years ago. I'd like to see PSU kick their tails so badly they're embarrassed and afraid to ever come back to PA.

But I'll settle for an afternoon where everyone has fun.

Reactions: BobPSU92

GregInPitt

Oct 13, 2021
I'd like to see a new Right OT that can pass protect. Wallace has been given 2 years to improve and become an average OT but has not been able to improve his pass protection and it's past time to make a change. Obviously the staff went into this season believing that Wallace was the best player they had to play right OT, but with a weak opponent in Ohio this week is the time, early in the season, to experiment and try to create competition based upon in game performance. I'm hoping to see either Tengwall or Shelton get to play a number of series to see if they could possibly be the answer that compliments the other 4 starters to form a better than average B10 oline. No disrespect meant to Effner, who may become the starter based upon his play against Purdue......

I'm also looking forward to seeing Carter play a good bit at LB. What I don't understand is how Carter, if he is a wrecking ball at LB, can make a big impact if he is backing up Jacobs at Will. I'm hoping that Carter can get some snaps at Mike as that seems to be the weakest LB position, although Carter likely is not ready to make the calls that are normally required of PSU's Mike LB. Maybe King could move over and back up Jacobs at Will.

I'm also looking forward to seeing a couple young WR's make plays and solidify their ability to be in a real rotation at WR behind the 3 starters.

Reactions: TheBigUglies

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
A win over an inferior opponent that gives me more confidence than the win over Villanova did last year. For that, the ground game needs to finally emerge and the margin needs to be such that Allar gets meaningful playing time.

baltimorened

Oct 19, 2021

I want:

- 0 turnovers on offense

-0 QB Sacks on Offense

all great requests, but have you watched this team for the past few years? I expect ohio to move down the field and score on their first possession...we will go three and out on ours. Run plays on first and second downs,then a 3rd and 5 incomplete pass.

our coaching staff does not have a "killer instinct". We play down to the level of competition, and I believe OHIO will come to play. Let's just hope for a win!

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
all great requests, but have you watched this team for the past few years? I expect ohio to move down the field and score on their first possession...we will go three and out on ours. Run plays on first and second downs,then a 3rd and 5 incomplete pass.

our coaching staff does not have a "killer instinct". We play down to the level of competition, and I believe OHIO will come to play. Let's just hope for a win!

PSU rarely plays a complete game and dominates from start to finish these days. All too often, it comes down to “WTF?” and a frustrating win or a frustrating loss.

I miss PSU putting away an opponent by the 2nd quarter and coasting to a big victory.

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021

The request was for what we want to see not what we expect to see. What do you want?

Reactions: CVLion

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
3+ score win.
A 100 yard rusher.
1 quarter+ for Allar, with full playbook and not just handoffs.
Some QB pressures with 4 man rush.

I'm satisfied with just a win but if I get to choose my terms I'd like to see some of the above.
Check
Check
Check
Not sure, would have to rewatch

That was a satisfying win. Bring on Auburn.

Latest posts