"What Took So Long?" Dan Gable On Broken NCAA Tournament Point Record

pabison

Dec 11, 2021
That video is almost unwatchable. Gable is all over the place” if you’re not looking up, you’re looking down, if you’re looking down, you’re not looking up”. He seriously said that. Seemed a little out of it. 🫨

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
That video is almost unwatchable. Gable is all over the place” if you’re not looking up, you’re looking down, if you’re looking down, you’re not looking up”. He seriously said that. Seemed a little out of it. 🫨

MikeH87

Nov 29, 2021
I did not think it was bad, considering his age. I enjoyed hearing it and he did ramble a bit but I think he should be cut a little slack. He has a mind of a champion and I still remember PSU’s first championship under CAEL when he pointed out that PSU was strong in the mind and he’s started tapping his temple. I think for the true champs, Gable, Cael, Arnold ( terminator from back in his Mr Olympia days) it becomes a bit of a mind thing with pysch ops, where even if the opponent is better you will still win with your mind. CStar mentioned that too about making little mental adjustments in the moment. if Beau had been in the moment mentally I think he would have beaten Mendez and he had to sit back and not let him roll through in the last seconds. Anyway I enjoyed hearing what Gable had to say, but of course others can have different opinions. The look up not down stuff makes sense to me and is Paterno esqu with his “ may your reach exceed your grasp” comments. It is about looking up and reaching up which is and was his philosophy.