What's awful is our guys don't even look like Div I players.....

Feb 23, 2008
much less SEC players. Where do I begin? R. Powers, R. Collins, Rice, Crosswhite, A. Wilson, several others, are at best Juco level talent and that may be generous. Goforth has hit maybe 3 balls out of the infield during his career. Quite possibly the worst team I've ever seen fielded here. As with the last several years, we continuously watch strike 1 down the middle, almost as if it's been drilled into our heads to never swing until you have 2 strikes on you. I feel like kicking myself in the face for paying $100 to watch this crap. What's this year's excuse going to be? I'm sure Polk will dig into his handy excuse bag and pull out the always reliable "We're young". Damn Polk, we've been young for the last 6 seasons.

patdog

May 28, 2007
PanolaDog said:
Quite possibly the worst team I've ever seen fielded here.

There's a very good chance this could wind up as the worst MSU team since the year before Polk was hired the first time. </p>

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
What's really sad is I still don't think our team has to be this bad. I think a coach that knows what he is doing and wants to win could do something with these guys.

was21

May 29, 2007
must have been dranking whiskey and stuff until maybe early this morning.

patdog

May 28, 2007
is that he accepts losing way too easily. He doesn't hate to lose like he needs to. Losing doesn't just tear him up inside like it needs to. Losing doesn't make him lose sleep like it needs to (OK, I really don't know, or want to know, about Polk's sleeping habits but I'll bet he sleeps just as well after a loss as he does after a win). He just accepts it. It's OK to lose. And when it's OK to lose, you'll never be a champion. You'll win some games here and there, but you'll never win as many as you should.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
the philosophy of the MSU Ath. Dept. for too long.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Larry Templeton should have been fired the day he told Richard Williams that if he could make it to the NIT once every few years, he'd be fine at MSU. When you set your goals low, you'll never be a winner.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
be interesting to see if Byrne has the balls to do what needs to be done. And it ain't just Polk. It's the whole mindset.

patdog

May 28, 2007
he's not going to try to fire Polk. He'll try to talk Polk into retiring. But if he tries to fire Polk, we'll be looking for a new AD, not a new baseball coach.

saddawg

Jun 25, 2006
"But if he tries to fire Polk, we'll be looking for a new AD, not a new baseball coach."

Thus the mindset of State people.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
MSU never fires anyone anyway. They always do the "reassigned to the house" or "retired with a gift (buyout) from the University" a la Sherrill.

Saving face is an MSU tradition that goes at least as far back as Rocky Felker, and probably further than that.

Besides, if we keep losing, especially to Ole Miss, I don't think there will be much of a **** storm. Heck, the LFL was chanting Cohen's name after he lost a series to us. If those old farts won't renew their season tickets, maybe someone that will actually show up at the games will buy them. I think even some of the old farts are jumping off of the Polk train.</p>