Who do you think is more dominant at the college level. Spencer Lee or Kyle Dake?

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Dake was special especially at 4 different weight classes.
Spencer is extremely dominant, but other than his freshman year, he hasn't wrestled anyone that would appear on any all time lists. This is no fault of his. Dake has wrestled several all times and at 4 different weights. I would say Spencer more dominant but lower competition.

KSLion

Oct 6, 2021
Two completely different styles, equally effective at producing W's for each wrestler

Would have to say that Lee is the more dominant, generally attacking his opponent, trying to force errors and overwhelm him. Dake tends to lay back, waiting to see what the opponent might be doing, then quickly taking advantage of any openings or mistakes he may see.

Reactions: SRATH and Hlstone

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Lee is vs. Dake but #3 behind Steveson and Snyder in my eyes. But Spencer is awesome. Hope he pins his way to the title.

Reactions: Mr. Potter

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
I know Lee was hurt last year (ACL) but has he wrestled internatinally. Both are great wrestlers and Dake has won it all internationally except for Olympics, perhaps why he is now at NLWC!! College matches Dake and Taylor (which Dake won) were epic. Both were college wrestling superstars wi

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
Depends on the criteria. Both 4 timers. Both with less than a handful of losses. Without looking, SL probably has more bonus point wins.....he uses the tilt to score. Scoring a lot of points was never Dake's deal. Hand fight, move and when the other guy makes a mistake, pounce for a period 1 takedown. Ride the second, Escape and cruze in the third and maybe tack on a counter TD in the third. If you are talking total points and or team points, I think Spencer gets nod.

Dake beat Montell Marion, Frank the Tank, Derek St John and DT in the finals. SL beat Suriano, Jack Mueller and Brian Courtney in the finals. When the lights are bright, Dake is very very tough.......and gets the nod here, but only by a hair.

Spencer was the heart and soul of a team which won it all. Dake was in the same position of his team, but never won it all

Advantage Spencer.