Wisconsin fires Paul Chryst

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
"Wisconsin and Paul Chryst have agreed to a reduced buyout of $11 million, to be paid before Feb. 1, 2023, per a school official. The Badgers were initially on the hook for roughly $19.5 million for terminating Chryst without cause. The UW Foundation will pay the reduced buyout," Matt Fortuna reported.
There you go. The boosters made this call and are paying the bill. Looks like the inmates are officially running the asylum.

Godspeed, Badgers fans. Things could get bumpy.

WillyMO

Oct 28, 2021
So when the first guy said it: OK, but if it's used in response: snark?
I'd hate to speak for the first guy using the statement but it came off as sincere. The reply was obviously snarky (which is weird for a moderator). Just how I read it which was why I also commented. I'm not losing sleep either way and I hope you aren't either. So, with all due respect I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. đŸ˜‰

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Rhule on the hot seat

The Burnt Rumps: Positively endangered​

Matt Rhule, Panthers (1-3): He says all the right things, but his teams rarely do them. The chief issue, as anyone with eyes could've predicted, remains the QB spot, where every one of his gambles -- Baker Mayfield being the latest and current -- have come up short. The Panthers are now a combined 11-26 since he took over.

Could be the guy for the job. He's used to selecting and coaching bad QBs. He'd fit right in at Wisconsin.
When teams score at least 17 points, Rhule's Panthers are 1-26.

I think Rhule is a decent college coach, but way overrated. He turned around Temple, which Al Golden did as well, and won the AAC. He made Baylor competitive after the Briles fallout, but did not win a B12 title. Not much different than what Franklin did with Vandy and PSU.

Last edited: