Women’s basketball final score: 159-18

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
Grambling 159, College of Biblical Studies 18

I may be way off here, but I‘m guessing College of Biblical Studies is lacking in the NIL department.
Not that anyone ultimately cares, and that includes me, but this is the kind of "record" that should have a long string of asterisks after it.

"CBS" is a Div. II school, which offers just partial scholarships, and not even in the 'regular' NCAA - they are NCCAA, the first C there standing for Christian. They are basically a level below an NCAA Div. II school. This is on par with Penn State playing Lancaster Bible College.

Imo, it's fine to schedule as an exhibition, preferably pre-season like many schools do, but for this win or those records to actually count is akin to counting the box score from a controlled intra-squad scrimmage.... which would likely be far more competitive.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Not that anyone ultimately cares, and that includes me, but this is the kind of "record" that should have a long string of asterisks after it.

"CBS" is a Div. II school, which offers just partial scholarships, and not even in the 'regular' NCAA - they are NCCAA, the first C there standing for Christian. They are basically a level below an NCAA Div. II school. This is on par with Penn State playing Lancaster Bible College.

Then how can it be a Div I record?

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
Then how can it be a Div I record?
My point exactly.

My guess is that since it is a regular season game, and Grambling is a Div. I school, that's the requirement to make their stats count in the Div. I category. But it is nonsense.

I don't know for certain, but I look at enough Div. I bball scores nearly every day to see that a number of Div. I schools play schools that I don't recognize and don't remember seeing before. I guess schools and/or coaches will chase after Wins howevers they can.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Is it a sin to give College of Biblical Studies, or for them to receive, an A$$. BEATING. o_O ?

Reactions: Bob78

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
Is it a sin to give College of Biblical Studies, or for them to receive, an A$$. BEATING. o_O ?
I'm thinking they are familiar with the stories from the Old Testament, so a mere a$$ beating is a relief considering the menu of options they may imagine. It is the proverbial slap on the a$... er, wrist. 141 shades of black and blue, perhaps.

Reactions: BobPSU92

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I'm thinking they are familiar with the stories from the Old Testament, so a mere a$$ beating is a relief considering the menu of options they may imagine. It is the proverbial slap on the a$... er, wrist. 141 shades of black and blue, perhaps.

Catch1lion

Oct 12, 2021

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
My point exactly.

My guess is that since it is a regular season game, and Grambling is a Div. I school, that's the requirement to make their stats count in the Div. I category. But it is nonsense.

I don't know for certain, but I look at enough Div. I bball scores nearly every day to see that a number of Div. I schools play schools that I don't recognize and don't remember seeing before. I guess schools and/or coaches will chase after Wins howevers they can.
If I remember correctly, regular season games against non DI opponents do not count towards post season qualifying (RPI), so why should this record count?

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
If I remember correctly, regular season games against non DI opponents do not count towards post season qualifying (RPI), so why should this record count?
Games against non-D1 schools don't count in the NET (the rating system that took the RPI's place), but they do show up on a resume and "count" when the committee looks at a school. It's basically a no-win proposition, but it's a cheaper home game and for a school like Grambling, I'm sure they're looking closely at the $ when they put together a home non-conf schedule.

Bob78

Oct 12, 2021
Again, my point exactly.

NCAA, you're up.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Thankfully, we haven't played regular season game against a non-D1 school since 2005...but if we do (and when we did), those stats count.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Do they have a men’s team? Get them on the schedule!!
Their men's team has already played three D1 games this season.

My favorite team that I've seen pop up as an opponent on the men's side this year is "Mississippi University for Women"...they played two different D1 teams.