Would you burn Braswell's redshirt?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Considering the OL we have? I don't think Joyner is a good RB (obviously) but I also don't think it's going to make much difference who is in at RB if the OL doesn't play any better. I'd be inclined to just let Joyner eat the snaps and save Braswell's body for next year.

Gamecock9395

Dec 10, 2022
Risky, he may have been promised early playing time, sit him for a RS and he may leave because of no PT. If he can go, put him in. Judkins at Ole Miss didn't have much of an OL last year and he still put up 1,500 yds rushing. The current Ole Miss OL only one or two 4-stars, the rest are 3-stars.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Risky, he may have been promised early playing time, sit him for a RS and he may leave because of no PT. If he can go, put him in. Judkins at Ole Miss didn't have much of an OL last year and he still put up 1,500 yds rushing. The current Ole Miss OL only one or two 4-stars, the rest are 3-stars.
Sigh, that's always a risk these days. But, if he looks at this OL, I can't imagine he's licking his chops. If I were the coaches, I'd just explain it to him: we love you and have big plans for you, but honestly, we don't want to waste your talent until we have a better OL and we have a bunch of studs coming in next year.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I would. He’s faster than DK. If he can get to the hole a step faster than DK, or get to the edge a couple of steps faster than DK, we might not have given up 16 TFLs Saturday.

Reactions: MrCockStrong

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Agree. You have to empty the chamber at this point. Braswell, Anderson…play them all.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Ole Miss OL is better than ours, apparently, they can move and block regardless of the stars or maybe just have better coaching. I would wait to see if our OL whiffs on Furman's DL before risking Braswell.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
With the transfer portal, you may not have the opportunity to develop players anymore. Besides, you might as well give him a shot. If he isn’t ready, stop playing him and he still hasn’t met the cutoff for losing the RS.

Spinal Tap

Jan 22, 2022
The staff can take the wrapper off and not burn the year. Keep him ready for Furman, but hold him out unless he's
needed. I have to say play the guy if we need to, but be prepared to play him even if he loses a year. Winning is the important thing.
I just hate we have to have this conversation now, but it's what it is.

kevinchalk50

Joined Dec 15, 2004
Jan 18, 2022
The days of saving players' redshirts are done. With NIL and the portal, use 'em or lose 'em I say, except maybe QBs. Braswell is different than any other RB on our team, in that he has size AND speed. Having a good threat at the RB position can affect the entire offense, so IMO it's worth the risk to take the leash off and see what he can do, especially with Fuller coming in and hopefully Hill as well.

Mar 24, 2022
If he can help the team you play him it’s a simple as that.You brought him in to play right away .Also I’d take a hard look at several of the freshman OL and see if they might be ready by midsession.Desperate times call for desperate measures!

Reactions: Myrtlecock

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
If he can help the team you play him it’s a simple as that.You brought him in to play right away .Also I’d take a hard look at several of the freshman OL and see if they might be ready by midsession.Desperate times call for desperate measures!
That’s not the question. The question is whether it’s worth it with our sorry OL. No RB was going to pick up yards on Saturday. Unless the line really picks up their play, I’m not sure it’s worth burning his redshirt for a lost cause.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Ole Miss OL is better than ours, apparently, they can move and block regardless of the stars or maybe just have better coaching. I would wait to see if our OL whiffs on Furman's DL before risking Braswell.

Too bad our resident Meme Queen has abandoned the board. This post would have sent her over the edge, with Kiffenns ability to coach offense being a sore spot for her.

Kferg

Sep 18, 2022
Yea, faster than DK, bigger than JuJu. Hopefully he could make somebody miss every once and awhile to offset the Olines struggles. Not sure how he would be in pass pro..

Mar 24, 2022
If in fact Braswell is the best rb and is held out then what will the other players think?How can you ask the guys to give it there all to turn this thing around when you don’t play your best players ?

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
OL stinks. We’re facing a 6-6 season at best. Save him for better days.

Usually the line can at least run block and can’t pass block. Or the other way around. We did both as bad as you can do. My guess is, it’s bad players and bad coaching. No reason to ruin the young man behind this.

The only argument for burning it is that we live in the day of the transfer portal. So I can see logic where you play them while you have them. Probably leaving at some point anyway.

Mic4usc

Joined Oct 16, 2015
Jan 22, 2022
Ummm he’s 4th string. You think we make it the year that healthy? What a loser mindset. RS aren’t what they used to be. If you can play, you got to play them. He could transfer. He’s also a RB, one of the only positions you RS. You pretty much only RS a RB for injury.

Reactions: Gamecock9395

HillsToSea

Joined Apr 12, 2020
Jan 25, 2022
OL stinks. We’re facing a 6-6 season at best. Save him for better days.

Usually the line can at least run block and can’t pass block. Or the other way around. We did both as bad as you can do. My guess is, it’s bad players and bad coaching. No reason to ruin the young man behind this.

The only argument for burning it is that we live in the day of the transfer portal. So I can see logic where you play them while you have them. Probably leaving at some point anyway.
I see your point. But, under the circumstances, it’s all hands on deck

Reactions: Irvin Snibbley

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
That’s not the question. The question is whether it’s worth it with our sorry OL. No RB was going to pick up yards on Saturday. Unless the line really picks up their play, I’m not sure it’s worth burning his redshirt for a lost cause.
To answer your question, if he can fall forward, he is our best bet until the OL figured something out. Will not get to see his potential, but we gotta have someone that can go downhill.

LBGCOCK

Joined Feb 16, 2020
Jan 22, 2022
Why the hell would you even think about redshirting him? He’s probably the best we’ve got…play him!!

Reactions: DaboSits2PeePee

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Why the hell would you even think about redshirting him? He’s probably the best we’ve got…play him!!
As per the OP, bc the OL is horrendous and it won’t matter who we line up at RB.

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
100% you play Braswell, in todays world of the portal, if a freshman can play and contribute, you play him.

Mar 24, 2022
Was listening to the GC guys on 107.5 and they said you can expect position moves on the OL and true Frosh,Tree B ,Baugh,and the kid from Dorman are at least in the mix now,

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
With the way our offensive line played Saturday night, we could have had in-their-primes Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, and George Rogers in the backfield and it wouldn't have mattered.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I'd probably go with Mario first. He's better built to break tackles and handle contact. But there's no way I'd save a RS if all the other options have failed.

Reactions: Gradstudent