Would you kick this guy off the team before the biggest game of the year?

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Hard yes from my end.

From the article:

”McCollough is the third Tennessee player to be arrested in the past two months. Offensive lineman Savion Herring was arrested and charged with domestic assault in September, and linebacker William Mohan was arrested on a charge of felony aggravated domestic assault in August. Both players were dismissed from the team.”

Three misunderstandings.

PSU12046

Oct 18, 2021
"She called McCollough back to the scene, according to police, and his right hand was in bandages with blood soaking through"
I Love You Movie GIF by Rocky

PhillyBillyReprise

Oct 29, 2021
Before a big game 20 or so years ago, an Alabama defensive lineman was charged with domestic assault on his girlfriend. Her father said she probably deserved it.

Reactions: grinagrin

Jason1743

Oct 20, 2021
Before a big game 20 or so years ago, an Alabama defensive lineman was charged with domestic assault on his girlfriend. Her father said she probably deserved it.
Reminds me of a non football story. I used to go to a car wash in town. One day the owner told me his son in law had beaten up his wife, but it was her fault. She should have known better than to bother him when he’s been drinking. Lots of idiots in the world.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
From the article:

”McCollough is the third Tennessee player to be arrested in the past two months. Offensive lineman Savion Herring was arrested and charged with domestic assault in September, and linebacker William Mohan was arrested on a charge of felony aggravated domestic assault in August. Both players were dismissed from the team.”

Three misunderstandings.
Lack of institutional control or whatever they NCAA inflicts sanctions for?

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
It’s a pretty complex situation, so I’d probably suspend him while gathering more information and letting things play out.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017

Maybe her dad knows the GF, his daughter, better than anyone?

I'm not a fan of any form of domestic violence, but a little caution and good judgement in a highly emotional atmosphere would probably save a lot of people having to have their nose reset.

Something can be both against the law and morally repugnant, but that's no guaranty against that thing sometimes occurring anyway. I can't think of a single instance of domestic abuse that would ever occur, if the victimized party had a valid option of being "not present" at the time of the abuse occurring and had exercised it.

Chit brewing? GTFO!

* (Obviously, being "not present" isn't always an available option.)

Reactions: Mrs516