Wrestling Programs at…

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
Not a chance in the near future. Big 10 schools will not add teams in any sport until they understand the impact (both revenue and cost) of expansion -- with actuals, not projections.

And if they find the money, they'll first steer it toward NIL for football, until that situation stabilizes.

Erick Johnston

Dec 20, 2021
Not a chance in the near future. Big 10 schools will not add teams in any sport until they understand the impact (both revenue and cost) of expansion -- with actuals, not projections.

And if they find the money, they'll first steer it toward NIL for football, until that situation stabilizes.
Good points

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021

Agree. But if football/BB starts to share in the TV/Merch revenue, then either the current money grab continues (most likely) or there is some money actually freed up for the non-revenue sports.

Unfortunately, a system which funds all sports requires a high level of cooperation, coordination and consistency.....will never happen until either the NCAA does something (pigs flying) or the emerging super conferences do something ( possible, but not probable) for their members. There is almost zero chance the SEC would lead with something like this. I could see the Big Ten try once the newbies are integrated. 4 years away at best.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Any rumblings if USC, UCLA, Washington, or Oregon plan to start wrestling programs?

About as much rumblings of Iowa and Nebraska starting varsity water polo. The purpose of this merger is to generate more income for football and men’s basketball, not spend more on the other sports.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021

I’ve heard that a recent change by ncaa May allow colleges to be directly involved with NIL, but don’t know specifics. Can the colleges actually give their athletes money for NIL?

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
I’ve heard that a recent change by ncaa May allow colleges to be directly involved with NIL, but don’t know specifics. Can the colleges actually give their athletes money for NIL?
Today no. But when that change is passed and implemented, probably yes.

And you did hear correctly about the change. I'm not sure if it has passed yet, but it is definitely being considered and is likely to pass.

Reactions: Got GSPs