You have $100,000 in cash and just two choices. What do you do?

You have $100,000 in cash and just two choices. What do you do?

• Give it all to Penn State. The purpose cannot be specified. Just give it all to Penn State.

• Burn it all. Literally light it all on fire.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 15, 2023
I would normally say invest it but the inflation-adjusted returns the last 2 years have been double digit negative for both the DOW and the NASDAQ. Maybe in the next year we might see a turn around so possibly getting shares on discount right now. The only concern is that PEs are still high despite the weak market returns. My other normal option would be buy another rental property, but mortgage rates are through the roof right now.

Can I simply hold it in a 6 month CD at 5.5% or higher right now and then invest in the stock market as an option?

Reactions: ODShowtime

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I would normally say invest it but the inflation-adjusted returns the last 2 years have been double digit negative for both the DOW and the NASDAQ. Maybe in the next year we might see a turn around so possibly getting shares on discount right now. The only concern is that PEs are still high despite the weak market returns. My other normal option would be buy another rental property, but mortgage rates are through the roof right now.

Can I simply hold it in a 6 month CD at 5.5% or higher right now and then invest in the stock market as an option?
Lol, wow.

Lion84

Oct 7, 2021
What is with the hypothetical. My daughter attends next year from out of state. 100k tuition travel etc. Hold my beer.
My Daughter going to UP as well as a Freshman this fall - in state which lessons the pain somewhat after the first daughter went to a private school in Georgia - ouch.

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
My Daughter going to UP as well as a Freshman this fall - in state which lessons the pain somewhat after the first daughter went to a private school in Georgia - ouch.
We are kinda the same way. Her twin is going to Duke but on a full ride.

retsio

Oct 13, 2021
Give to Penn State -- NO .... Way ! ..... Not until DEI+b is eliminated and all positions removed, with budget savings recognized.

There is no justification to subvert PERFORMANCE for 'hurt feelings' !

Reactions: bdgan

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Bkmntnit.......
@PSUFTG2

Nit,
I pass by the W-B Campus three-four times a week and wondering what the 20'x20' +/- square building, next to the Friedman Observatory, is constructed for. Figuring that the BOT is considering shutting down several campuses, why would new construction be allowed unless it is needed?

1713539152090.png

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
Bkmntnit.......
@PSUFTG2

Nit,
I pass by the W-B Campus three-four times a week and wondering what the 20'x20' +/- square building, next to the Friedman Observatory, is constructed for. Figuring that the BOT is considering shutting down several campuses, why would new construction be allowed unless it is needed?

View attachment 560930
Will find out for you… hopefully it is where they store the Stella! BTW… that lamp post with the PSU flag… my dog pees on that thing at least 5 times a week! He hammered it today at 930!!

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
Will find out for you… hopefully it is where they store the Stella! BTW… that lamp post with the PSU flag… my dog pees on that thing at least 5 times a week! He hammered it today at 930!!
Thanks Nitt,
You're like Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of Baskerville.
🧐

Reactions: Bison13

Latest posts