“Cowboys Taking a Major Risk With Dak Prescott's Contract Situation”

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
A few weeks ago either Rich Eisen or one of the other NFL talking heads indicated that when Jerry Jones said the Cowboys were going all in it wasn't a reference to free agency but rather that Dak basically had one year to show them he could get them to a Super Bowl. I have no idea if that's accurate or not but it would seem like a gamble on the Cowboys part if that's true.

The other free agent QB's next year other than Dak will be Tua, Jordan Love and Jared Goff I believe. I would take Dak over all of them right now. Love could become something in the next few years but I would imagine the Packers will give him an extension or new contract.

I can't see Jerry wanting to start over by drafting a QB.

Reactions: DawgsHSV and MSUGUY

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
A few weeks ago either Rich Eisen or one of the other NFL talking heads indicated that when Jerry Jones said the Cowboys were going all in it wasn't a reference to free agency but rather that Dak basically had one year to show them he could get them to a Super Bowl. I have no idea if that's accurate or not but it would seem like a gamble on the Cowboys part if that's true.

The other free agent QB's next year other than Dak will be Tua, Jordan Love and Jared Goff I believe. I would take Dak over all of them right now. Love could become something in the next few years but I would imagine the Packers will give him an extension or new contract.

I'm getting the sense more and more that McCarthy is in the same boat paddling with Dak. Either they make a run to the NFCCG or SB, or both may be gone. And as much as I want to see Dak in the big game, I won't be sad if Dallas lets him walk. Terrible franchise with a terrible owner and I can't wait to quit rooting for them when he finally does leave

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I'm getting the sense more and more that McCarthy is in the same boat paddling with Dak. Either they make a run to the NFCCG or SB, or both may be gone. And as much as I want to see Dak in the big game, I won't be sad if Dallas lets him walk. Terrible franchise with a terrible owner and I can't wait to quit rooting for them when he finally does leave
Same here. I’ll still keep a slight interest in them, but I won’t give one flip what happens if Dak leaves.

Local radio has already declared the franchise as dead for the foreseeable future. They’re saying the moves they made last season were them “going all in”, and it was an abject failure. Now they can’t run the ball and have some OL deficiencies that will be incredibly hard to work around. Cooks never became the weapon they needed. This was their year and the entire team shìt the bed in the playoffs.

Probably couldn’t be a better time to have your contract up for renewal for Dak….

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Same here. I’ll still keep a slight interest in them, but I won’t give one flip what happens if Dak leaves.

Local radio has already declared the franchise as dead for the foreseeable future. They’re saying the moves they made last season were them “going all in”, and it was an abject failure. Now they can’t run the ball and have some OL deficiencies that will be incredibly hard to work around. Cooks never became the weapon they needed. This was their year and the entire team shìt the bed in the playoffs.

Probably couldn’t be a better time to have your contract up for renewal for Dak….
They had plenty of talent to be better than they were. Daks contarct since the extention has limited what they can do. It’s at a crossroads now.

daks is counting to much toward the cap and when That is the case you either have to elite qb play to win. he ain’t elite when it mattters…. Buffalo is feeling that pain right now too, dak is a poor mans josh Allen.

Oct 17, 2023
Man, talk about an anchor around your neck, paddling with McCarthy. He's paddling the wrong way and hitting you with the paddle every few strokes.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

And yet again the Cowboys defense failed to show up when it matters. Dak had a rough first half against the Pack but their defense absolutely crapped the bed. I believe GB scored on nearly every possession for the first three quarters.

ETA: Dak, Lamb and Ferguson carried that team all year with fuckall from the running game and a defense that disappeared against the better teams on the schedule.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Defense was bad in that game, but hard to overcome to pick 6s. Both when the game was still in the balance.

Regardless, gotta win playoff games. Dak is being paid a lot of money, if you can’t win playoff games it’s probably wise for both sides to look at other options. Can’t blame either for their current stances

Dec 28, 2019
I turned my back on Dallas when Jimmy was ran off. Dak got me back to rooting for them. Maybe Dak can go to a franchise that is not dysfunctional. I had some hopes the Saints might try to get him but they went and threw money at a lesser QB. Based on Dennis Allen's opinion no doubt

Reactions: PBRME

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Jerry just keeps making the same mistakes. Comical at this point. Try to drag out contract extensions to the 11th hour, then end up having to pay way more because of it. Again….with the same QB. Not to mention that he’d be able to restructure and lower that $55 million hit this year with an extension. Also, no franchise tag to bail him out this time, either.

Dak was the 12th highest paid QB in the league this past year, and has far outperformed that salary rank on average every year. Top 7-8 QB - at the absolute worst - over his tenure. #2 at worst last year. Hopefully he really does get out of there and gets to a franchise that actually has a clue.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Dak was in a great situation for years. Things turned when he signed that Contract. the minute that haopened the clock starting ticking. Because there is only so much cap space to go around. He’s the single biggest Hit to the cap and eventually you gotta pay the piper. Chargers found this out, bills are in the process of finding out, as are the bengals. When your qb takes that big of a hit, things start slipping in other spots.

even if they extend dak, in 2-3 years they’ll be back in same spot. They got trey lance for a reason. plan A was a Super Bowl,with dak, lance or another option seems like plan B.

seems like things have run it’s course. Both sides seem to have given it an honest shot. Hasn’t worked out.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Defense was bad in that game, but hard to overcome to pick 6s. Both when the game was still in the balance.

Regardless, gotta win playoff games. Dak is being paid a lot of money, if you can’t win playoff games it’s probably wise for both sides to look at other options. Can’t blame either for their current stances
Green Bay averaged more than 9 yards a play on first down in that game. Think about that. Yeah Dak threw a pick and has given no indication he can come through in the clutch in the playoffs, but it was out of his hands. The defense laid down.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Green Bay averaged more than 9 yards a play on first down in that game. Think about that. Yeah Dak threw a pick and has given no indication he can come through in the clutch in the playoffs, but it was out of his hands. The defense laid down.
Entire game was a shitshow. But when you are down 14-0 thanks to a pick 6. Then when are getting some momentum to get back into the game and you throw another pick 6, it cements the entire deal.

agree the entire game was a shitshow though.

3-2 Dawg

Jun 6, 2023
Entire game was a shitshow. But when you are down 14-0 thanks to a pick 6. Then when are getting some momentum to get back into the game and you throw another pick 6, it cements the entire deal.

He didn’t throw 2 pick 6s. Didn’t play well but was throwing into tight windows most of the first half. Was down by 20 when he threw the one pick 6 - only momentum that was happening at the time were some risky completions that drive into tight coverage. Didn’t play well but also got no help

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004

I watched Kurt Warner break down that game. One interception he said Dak made the correct pass based off the read of the safety. The problem was the play was a terrible design or one of the receivers ran the wrong route. He made several observations about either how badly the plays were designed, or the receivers were 17ng up. Dak is just the scapegoat for how ****** the game plan was and how terrible the entire team played.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

Now you're just making **** up. Try not to be blinded by hate. He threw one pick 6 after the Pack had already scored three touchdowns.

The Packers second punt of the game came with less than 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Dak had a bad first half, but numbskulls like you want to put it all on him. I don't think Brady, Montana, or anybody is gonna have an easy time overcoming the defensive ineptitude and total lack of running game.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I watched Kurt Warner break down that game. One interception he said Dak made the correct pass based off the read of the safety. The problem was the play was a terrible design or one of the receivers ran the wrong route. He made several observations about either how badly the plays were designed, or the receivers were 17ng up. Dak is just the scapegoat for how ****** the game plan was and how terrible the entire team played.
I’ll have to Google that. I’d like to see what he said.

Problem is, Dak went on record saying he played like crap, etc. He wasn’t the problem, but then you have Lamb’s mommy calling him out and every mouth breathing knuckle dragger following suit.

He would have gotten his extension if he pushed for it. The Cowboys are in no position to get anybody that’s even remotely comparable, much less “better”. Dak is in a great position to make his own future without Jerruh, if he wants to.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Now you're just making **** up. Try not to be blinded by hate. He threw one pick 6 after the Pack had already scored three touchdowns.

The Packers second punt of the game came with less than 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Dak had a bad first half, but numbskulls like you want to put it all on him. I don't think Brady, Montana, or anybody is gonna have an easy time overcoming the defensive ineptitude and total lack of running game.
My apologies. He threw a pick inside their own 20 that was ruled a pick 6 then later called back and given to the packers on the 20. Which lead to their second score

then driving down 21. Getting the ball at the half. Chance to double dip and get it back to a 7-10 point game, he throws a pick 6 that extends the lead to 28 and basically ends the game

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
My apologies. He threw a pick inside their own 20 that was ruled a pick 6 then later called back and given to the packers on the 20. Which lead to their second score

then driving down 21. Getting the ball at the half. Chance to double dip and get it back to a 7-10 point game, he throws a pick 6 that extends the lead to 28 and basically ends the game
Let’s forget the fact that Cooks couldn’t even extend his arms to try to catch an absolutely perfect pass because he was being held so badly. That’s meaningless.******.

Probably didn’t show up on the stat sheet, I’m guessing.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

Yep. All of that was his fault. Good work ignoring every other point.

Don't have kids.

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
And yet again the Cowboys defense failed to show up when it matters. Dak had a rough first half against the Pack but their defense absolutely crapped the bed. I believe GB scored on nearly every possession for the first three quarters.

ETA: Dak, Lamb and Ferguson carried that team all year with fuckall from the running game and a defense that disappeared against the better teams on the schedule.
Exactly

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Dak was in a great situation for years. Things turned when he signed that Contract. the minute that haopened the clock starting ticking. Because there is only so much cap space to go around. He’s the single biggest Hit to the cap and eventually you gotta pay the piper. Chargers found this out, bills are in the process of finding out, as are the bengals. When your qb takes that big of a hit, things start slipping in other spots.

even if they extend dak, in 2-3 years they’ll be back in same spot. They got trey lance for a reason. plan A was a Super Bowl,with dak, lance or another option seems like plan B.

seems like things have run it’s course. Both sides seem to have given it an honest shot. Hasn’t worked out.
Dak was the 4th highest QB cap hit in the league last year. The team with the highest QB cap hit won the Super Bowl. Team with 3rd highest cap hit (17ing Jared Goff) went to the conference championship, and should have been in the Super Bowl. The team with the 5th highest QB hit (Lamar Jackson) also went to the conference championship.

In summary, of the Top 4 teams in the NFL last season, 3 of them had QB cap hits in the Top 5 of the NFL. Seems there are plenty of teams, even the historically putrid Lions, who can still put a great supporting cast around a high salary QB and do well. None of them are run by Jerry Jones, though.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Dak was the 4th highest QB cap hit in the league last year. The team with the highest QB cap hit won the Super Bowl. Team with 3rd highest cap hit (17ing Jared Goff) went to the conference championship, and should have been in the Super Bowl. The team with the 5th highest QB hit (Lamar Jackson) also went to the conference championship.

In summary, of the Top 4 teams in the NFL last season, 3 of them had QB cap hits in the Top 5 of the NFL. Seems there are plenty of teams, even the historically putrid Lions, who can still put a great supporting cast around a high salary QB and do well. None of them are run by Jerry Jones, though.
TERD TAPLEY EVERYONE

mahomes is mahomes. Let’s not compare

tenn was 2nd-obv they sucked

Goff was 3- the team had no other super stars players ready to get paid. Goff paid it off, much like dak couldn’t in a similar situation with cooper and lamb. Goff and the lions will have 1-2 more years before they are faced with cap decisins

4-cowboys- dak

5- Lamar Jackson- see above. No offensive talent on the field besides Lamar. so they could afford to pay lamar. And he’s a two time mvp, IE worth it, much more worth it than Dak. He made players around him better, played without his starting running back and tight end for the majority of the season. He again was an mvp.…. And they are now facing the cap issued as they just lost their stud mlb.

you can’t have super star wideouts and a super star qb and have them all get paid unless they are on rookie deals. In his time in Dallas… Dak had an unbelievable stretch where he played behind the best OL in football. years where he Played with a future HOF running back. Played with 2 clear cut #1 wideouts in the league both at the same time, had a #1 wideout for the last 5-6 years if not more….And even had years where he had a dominate defense as well.…

they’ve baked the cake every way possible. The one constsnt thru it all has been dak. He’s won 2 playoff games. He’s played poorly in the playoffs. Dak should without question shoulder his fair share of blame at the results of the team under his guidance

and as someone else stated… dak has to make the decision does he want as much money as he can make.. or does he want to take less and win.. seems like he’s made his decision. Which is fine, I dont blame him…. but I can’t blame Dallas either for not paying him.

Last edited:
  • Sad

3-2 Dawg

Jun 6, 2023
TERD TAPLEY EVERYONE

tenn was 2nd-obv they sucked

Goff was 3- the team had no other super stars players ready to get paid. Goff paid it off, much like dak couldn’t in a similar situation with cooper and lamb. Goff and the lions will have 1-2 more years before they are faced with cap decisins

4-cowboys- dak

5- Lamar Jackson- see above. No offensive talent on the field besides Lamar. so they could afford to pay lamar. And he’s a two time mvp, IE worth it, much more worth it than Dak. He made players around him better, played without his starting running back and tight end for the majority of the season. He again was an mvp.…. And they are now facing the cap issued as they just lost their stud mlb.

you can’t have super star wideouts and a super star qb and have them all get paid unless they are on rookie deals. In his time in Dallas… Dak had an unbelievable stretch where he played behind the best OL in football. years where he Played with a future HOF running back. Played with 2 clear cut #1 wideouts in the league both at the same time, had a #1 wideout for the last 5-6 years if not more….And even had years where he had a dominate defense as well.…

they’ve baked the cake every way possible. The one constsnt thru it all has been dak. He’s won 2 playoff games. He’s played poorly in the playoffs. Dak should without question shoulder his fair share of blame at the results of the team under his guidance

and as someone else stated… dak has to make the decision does he want as much money as he can make.. or does he want to take less and win.. seems like he’s made his decision. Which is fine, I dont blame him…. but I can’t blame Dallas either for not paying him.
Yeah Lamar has always been known as a great playoff qb … that’s the metric right?

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
The fact is that Jerah has never done it and never will. He was not making player personnel decisions on those Super Bowl teams; Jimmy was. Ever since Jerah has taken over player personnel decisions theycrapped all over themselves and news flash....Stephen is worse! Will McClay is the only credible football executive in the front office. Jerah and Stephen are businessmen they are not football men. It infuriates me that Jerah has turned this once great franchise into a complete joke.

There has been chatter about Belichick taking over next year. A local reporter was talking to some insiders about it and they said he'd walk in and see all the bells and whistles, immaculate facilities with executive offices over looking practice fields at the Star then turn around and walk out. Bill is about nothing but football and Jerah is about everything but football!

And for the record Jerah is not even trying this year and he's basically saying the quiet part out loud. Right now they are a less talented team than last year and rookies can't close that gap but they are cheap. This year is as close to a rebuild as Jerah will allow.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
TERD TAPLEY EVERYONE
Literally the best name ever. Seriously. Wish I could have as my username. And about the only meaningful contribution you’ve ever made on this here site.
Mahomes is maybe the best ever, but still can’t pass to himself, hand off to himself, pass block for himself, run block, or stop the other team from doing anything offensively. He still had to have a legit roster built around him.

Dallas had no other superstars ready to get paid either, dumbshít. CeeDee was still on rookie deal. Same with Parsons. Only DeMarcus Lawrence at $17 million and Pollard at $10.1 million made a ton. Pollard’s deal was 17ing stupid….they should have let him walk and drafted an RB. Michael Gallup made $7 million - also stupid. They had almost zero investment in the interior DL, which cost them dearly in every game that they didn’t get out to an early 2-TD lead and use their pass rush. Only Jerry Jones does dumb crap like this. That is the point.

ETA: Here’s another unbelievable one. In terms of highest QB cap hits in 2024, Dallas has 3 of the Top 41 in the league. Dak of course is #2, Trey Lance is #31, Cooper Rush is #41. There are 32 NFL teams. So yeah, that’s right….there will be at least 2 NFL teams guaranteed to be paying their starting QB less than the Cowboys are paying their 3rd string QB. And oh yeah, this same phenom 3rd stringer….they didn’t even pick up his 5th year option. So he’s literally gone after this season, too. Also cost them a 4th rounder that they could have used on some cheap upgrades at most any position of need. Money and common sense down the toilet. The great Jerry Jones, ladies and gentlemen.

5- Lamar Jackson- see above. No offensive talent on the field besides Lamar.
Lol wut? Andrews played over half the year and is a Top 2-3 TE in the league. His backup Isaih Likely was also a high draft capital TE who is very athletic….he’s better than anyone on Dallas’ roster. Zay Flowers was an electric rookie who came into his own in the playoffs. Gus Edwards is a far better bellcow option than Pollard, but he didn’t even have to be that because Justice Hill was also very good. Add in the OL and the punishing defense at every level, and you have a real contender.

And he’s a two time mvp, IE worth it, much more worth it than Dak.
He was also statistically worse than Dak in both passer rating and QBR. So no, he wasn’t “much more worth it” than Dak just because his franchise has a defense that isn’t soft as grandma’s titties, and a cohesive offense that complements his skill set and can plug and play talented, low cost weapons at RB, TE, and WR.

He made players around him better, played without his starting running back and tight end for the majority of the season.
He makes no one better except his OL and sometimes WR’s due to elusiveness. Dak makes his whole offense better, too. Edwards was the starter all year, so no, he didn’t lose him. Dobbins was overrated and was done before the 2nd quarter of the first game. Doesn’t matter, Baltimore will always be built to run the football.

And they are now facing the cap issued as they just lost their stud mlb.
And signed Derrick Henry.

Last edited:

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Now I know that Dak is on the road toward finding another team... Dallas has not shown they are serious about putting a cohesive football team together around the QB to make themselves better or themselves any better on defense.

If anything they have downgraded.

Last edited:
Reactions: HRMSU and eckie1

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Literally the best name ever. Seriously. Wish I could have as my username. And about the only meaningful contribution you’ve ever made on this here site.

Mahomes is maybe the best ever, but still can’t pass to himself, hand off to himself, pass block for himself, run block, or stop the other team from doing anything offensively. He still had to have a legit roster built around him.

Dallas had no other superstars ready to get paid either, dumbshít. CeeDee was still on rookie deal. Same with Parsons. Only DeMarcus Lawrence at $17 million and Pollard at $10.1 million made a ton. Pollard’s deal was 17ing stupid….they should have let him walk and drafted an RB. Michael Gallup made $7 million - also stupid. They had almost zero investment in the interior DL, which cost them dearly in every game that they didn’t get out to an early 2-TD lead and use their pass rush. Only Jerry Jones does dumb crap like this. That is the point.

ETA: Here’s another unbelievable one. In terms of highest QB cap hits in 2024, Dallas has 3 of the Top 41 in the league. Dak of course is #2, Trey Lance is #31, Cooper Rush is #41. There are 32 NFL teams. So yeah, that’s right….there will be at least 2 NFL teams guaranteed to be paying their starting QB less than the Cowboys are paying their 3rd string QB. And oh yeah, this same phenom 3rd stringer….they didn’t even pick up his 5th year option. So he’s literally gone after this season, too. Also cost them a 4th rounder that they could have used on some cheap upgrades at most any position of need. Money and common sense down the toilet. The great Jerry Jones, ladies and gentlemen.

Lol wut? Andrews played over half the year and is a Top 2-3 TE in the league. His backup Isaih Likely was also a high draft capital TE who is very athletic….he’s better than anyone on Dallas’ roster. Zay Flowers was an electric rookie who came into his own in the playoffs. Gus Edwards is a far better bellcow option than Pollard, but he didn’t even have to be that because Justice Hill was also very good. Add in the OL and the punishing defense at every level, and you have a real contender.

He was also statistically worse than Dak in both passer rating and QBR. So no, he wasn’t “much more worth it” than Dak just because his franchise has a defense that isn’t soft as grandma’s titties, and a cohesive offense that complements his skill set and can plug and play talented, low cost weapons at RB, TE, and WR.

He makes no one better except his OL and sometimes WR’s due to elusiveness. Dak makes his whole offense better, too. Edwards was the starter all year, so no, he didn’t lose him. Dobbins was overrated and was done before the 2nd quarter of the first game. Doesn’t matter, Baltimore will always be built to run the football.

And signed Derrick Henry.
Again terd Tapley everyone

take mahomes off that team and put any qb there and they don’t win super bowls. He’s that good. Its laughable what he would do if he were in the Dallas offense

guess Zac Martin doesn’t count as someone making a ton. Nor the 10 million spent on Gilmore to play corner or the combined 16 sacks Armstrong made for 8 million over the last 2 season, which would rank 2nd highest paid in the lions D. You’ve got to pay vets, Detroit isn’t full of vets.

Hutchinson made 8 million last year. St brown made 1 million as opposed to lambs 4.4. All these things matter and add up, also their top running back was on a rookie deal too and best tight end. Good try though TERD TAPLEY.

Andrew’s played in 8 games this season before being hurt. 2 after and clearly wasn’t healthy. Likely was a 4th round pick, two seasons ago, and is nothing special at all. All Dallas tight ends thru daks career have been better. Edwards is a journeyman, who was sooooo productive the ravens went and got Melvin Gordon for their playoff push. And flowers isn’t in the realm of lamb nor was he comparable to lamb as a rookie. Dak isn’t in Lamar’s league. 2 mvps say so. Rush yards count too, TERD.

god your stupid. Edwards wasn’t set to be the starter… you lose all credibility when you talk **** and don’t know the facts but again this is all the time with you… JK Dobbins was and was hurt… good to know that dobbins was overrated… another scouting report from TERD TAPLEY, that no nfl scout agrees with.

People if you haven’t figured out with TERD,
Is he spouts off a lot of incorrect stuff. Like Hunts 4 homers against LHP when he’s hit 9 as a freshman. To make his arguments seems right when really he don’t know ****.

running backs are a dime a dozen. The loss of their mlb will be a HUGE difference maker. The contract BOTH got shows who was more valuable.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

take mahomes off that team and put any qb there and they don’t win super bowls. He’s that good. Its laughable what he would do if he were in the Dallas offense

guess Zac Martin doesn’t count as someone making a ton. Nor the 10 million spent on Gilmore to play corner or the combined 16 sacks Armstrong made for 8 million over the last 2 season, which would rank 2nd highest paid in the lions D. You’ve got to pay vets, Detroit isn’t full of vets.

Hutchinson made 8 million last year. St brown made 1 million as opposed to lambs 4.4. All these things matter and add up, also their top running back was on a rookie deal too and best tight end. Good try though TERD TAPLEY.

Andrew’s played in 8 games this season before being hurt. 2 after and clearly wasn’t healthy. Likely was a 4th round pick, two seasons ago, and is nothing special at all. All Dallas tight ends thru daks career have been better. Edwards is a journeyman, who was sooooo productive the ravens went and got Melvin Gordon for their playoff push. And flowers isn’t in the realm of lamb nor was he comparable to lamb as a rookie. Dak isn’t in Lamar’s league. 2 mvps say so. Rush yards count too, TERD.

god your stupid. Edwards wasn’t set to be the starter… you lose all credibility when you talk **** and don’t know the facts but again this is all the time with you… JK Dobbins was and was hurt… good to know that dobbins was overrated… another scouting report from TERD TAPLEY, that no nfl scout agrees with.

Is he spouts off a lot of incorrect stuff. Like Hunts 4 homers against LHP when he’s hit 9 as a freshman. To make his arguments seems right when really he don’t know ****.

running backs are a dime a dozen. The loss of their mlb will be a HUGE difference maker. The contract BOTH got shows who was more valuable.

IMG_5080.gif

You continue to be comically idiotic (and obsessed, might I add). And you don’t even know what you’re arguing.

Everybody has the same payroll. Some teams use it wisely, some do not. Dallas is one that absolutely does not. The entire, literal, 17ing point of this exercise is to illustrate how deliberately and stupidly they do the opposite of what they should in every single personnel management scenario. You arguing this supporting cast vs that vs veterans vs. rookies is not even relevant to the fact that every struggle the Cowboys have has been self-inflicted from ownership.

Again, everyone has the same payroll and who Dallas pays and what they pay is up to them. Gus Edwards and Justice Hill are both better than Tony Pollard as every down backs. Both of them. They’re more physical runners. And there are no less than 3 dozen Gus Edwards / Justice Hills scattered around NFL rosters and the draft every offseason. Yet combined, they made only half of what Pollard did when he was stinking it up for 18 games last year. Hell, add Dobbins to the list if you want, too, and all 3 still made like $3 million less than Pollard by himself. That’s the Ravens being smart and Dallas being stupid. The 49ers traded Trey Lance, because they watched him for 2 years and judged he wasn’t even better than Sam 17ing Darnold. Got a 4th round pick from Dallas, who is now paying him more as a 3rd stringer than 2 NFL teams will pay their starters. Just to keep him for one year and watch him hit free agency next year. That’s the 49ers being smart and Dallas being stupid.

Even this Dak contract you keep whining about was avoidable. They could have extended him for 4-5 more years after Year 2 and only paid $25 million per year or so for the last 4 years. Instead, they drug it out, gave an albatross of a deal to a RB, and ended up having to pay the going rate of $40 million + because they were too stupid to realize what they had way back in 2017-2018.

They make dumb decisions year after year after year. And they are making another one. Not extending Dak again is going to put them in a position of having to pay $60 million per year for 4 years by the time free agency comes around next year, or gamble on a mid-late 1st round rookie. That always turns out well….signed, Cody Pickett, Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Josh Rosen, etc.

At the end of the day, you and Jerry Jones are 2 peas in a pod. At least one of you two idiot pricks found a way to accumulate generational wealth before revealing to the whole world how 17ing smart you thought you were vs. how stupid you actually are. Good luck on getting your first billion, my guy.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Lucifers Advocate here:

Let's say Jerry goes all in on Dak before the season and gives Dak a new contract which will have a big guarantee, and Dak suffers a Joe Theisman broken leg or something bad. Jerry loses........

Or

Let's say Jerry doesn't sign him before the season and Dak plays final year of his contract and suffers a Joe Theisman broken leg. Dak loses

It's a big gamble for both of them either way but I think if I'm Jerry I don't sign him and then try and negotiate after the season. If he has another big year like this past year its confirmation for Jerry, if he doesn't have a good year, its negotiating power for Jerry. The risk for Jerry is somebody comes in strong before Jerry after the season but then again, Jerry reportedly may not be all in on him anyway?

3-2 Dawg

Jun 6, 2023

You are going really far out of your way to **** on Dak who finished …checks notes… 2nd in MVP voting last season… weird stuff

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
You are going really far out of your way to **** on Dak who finished …checks notes… 2nd in MVP voting last season… weird stuff

Almost as weird as a supposed State fan actively hating the best QB we've ever had. The same QB who is without question a big supporter of all things Mississippi State. We really do have some of the dumbest pieces of **** in our fanbase.

Thundercunts gonna thundercunt, I guess.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
If Dak doesn't play another down of football and he is smart with money his great grand kids will not have to work. If he is out after next season he still did good for a guy who came from a really poor family.

Reactions: eckie1

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
The fact is that Jerah has never done it and never will. He was not making player personnel decisions on those Super Bowl teams; Jimmy was. Ever since Jerah has taken over player personnel decisions theycrapped all over themselves and news flash....Stephen is worse! Will McClay is the only credible football executive in the front office. Jerah and Stephen are businessmen they are not football men. It infuriates me that Jerah has turned this once great franchise into a complete joke.

There has been chatter about Belichick taking over next year. A local reporter was talking to some insiders about it and they said he'd walk in and see all the bells and whistles, immaculate facilities with executive offices over looking practice fields at the Star then turn around and walk out. Bill is about nothing but football and Jerah is about everything but football!

And for the record Jerah is not even trying this year and he's basically saying the quiet part out loud. Right now they are a less talented team than last year and rookies can't close that gap but they are cheap. This year is as close to a rebuild as Jerah will allow.
it’s that, and always has been. Dak is just a skapegoat. they’ll never win anything. The worst run franchise in the nfl.

above all this they have a player entitlement, and attitude problem. That’s never changing with this ownership.

Reactions: HRMSU and eckie1