1917

Chillwell

All-American
Jun 16, 2001
85,053
7,354
0
Watched it last night for the first time.

It's such a simple, straightforward story. Yet, the way it was done was I still found myself emotionally engaged.

Also, I can't really remember watching a great WWI movie...maybe my memory is bad, but I think this was the best WWI movie I've seen.
 

mseabolt

Senior
Dec 5, 2005
8,915
753
0
Watched it last night for the first time.

It's such a simple, straightforward story. Yet, the way it was done was I still found myself emotionally engaged.

Also, I can't really remember watching a great WWI movie...maybe my memory is bad, but I think this was the best WWI movie I've seen.
War Horse was pretty damn good
 
  • Like
Reactions: JonnyVito

The Duke

Heisman
May 29, 2001
18,562
59,414
103
I’ll add that the song in the wood towards the end - which apparently was popular at that time - was haunting and really brought the various emotions together for the climax of the film.
 
  • Like
Reactions: mseabolt
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Kickoff, TV set for Oklahoma State's trip to Houston
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Morris & Co. get busy recruiting in Oklahoma State's bye week
  3. 03 On3 'Bedlam on Ice' to bring Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State rivalry back to Boone Pickens Stadium for club hockey showcase
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State is surging with former Big Ten commit -- and a visit is set
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers SEC commit, official visit has been set