2021 Eagles Thread

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
In looking at the Colts roster, it seems their backup QB is rookie Sam Ehlinger. I agree that benching Wentz to save a draft pick would make many players question the front office's commitment to winning. And as fragile as Wentz' ego is, he'd likely wind up in a corner sucking his thumb. I think the Colts have to keep playing him. Not doing so could set the team back more than losing a first round pick.

DCLion11

Oct 14, 2021
We could make this the Miami Dolphins thread. Rooting harder for them to lose than the eagles to win this year lol. Currently the #3 pick 🙏🏻

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
We could make this the Miami Dolphins thread. Rooting harder for them to lose than the eagles to win this year lol. Currently the #3 pick 🙏🏻

any given Sunday ...
that's why you play them ...

with those caveats, let's look at the Dolphins' remaining games:

11/7: Texans -- could go either way; two bad teams
11/11: Ravens -- L
11/21: Jets -- could go either way; two bad teams
11/28: Panthers -- L
12/5: Giants -- could go either way; two bad teams
12/19: Jets -- could go either way; two bad teams
12/27: Saints -- L
1/2: Titans -- L
1/9: Patriots -- L

They're 1-7 now. I don't see any definite wins on their schedule. They have 4 games that I consider toss-ups. Two are with the Jets. Interesting the first Jets game the 'Fins will be coming off a longer rest due to playing their prior game on Thursday. The second Jets game the 'Fins will be coming off a bye.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

If you've hit the limit for Inquirer articles, here are the midseason grades by position:

QB: C
RB: B-
TE: B+
WR: C
OL: B
DT: C+
DE: D+
LB: D-
CB: B-
S: C
Spec: A-

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
DT is too high.

It's a tough position to grade. Hargrave is tied with Aaron Donald and Jonathan Allen for the most sacks in the NFL by a DT, at 6. Cox has only one sack, and has diplomatically complained about defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon's schemes.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
It's a tough position to grade. Hargrave is tied with Aaron Donald and Jonathan Allen for the most sacks in the NFL by a DT, at 6. Cox has only one sack, and has diplomatically complained about defensive coordinator Jonathan Gannon's schemes.
Without reading anything about what Cox is bitching about, my guess would be 2 gapping

Lionville

Oct 19, 2021
Rumor has it Howie Roseman will be at the Pitt game scouting their QB tonight.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Without reading anything about what Cox is bitching about, my guess would be 2 gapping
Cox is laying the foundation to get traded to a contender in the offseason. Even if Gannon gets canned after the season, there will still be hard feelings.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Cox is laying the foundation to get traded to a contender in the offseason. Even if Gannon gets canned after the season, there will still be hard feelings.
ok maybe but I am still curious what he said. If the new guy tells him he doesnt have to 2 gap, all will be forgiven.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Not really. It’s simple , bench Wentz and you lose the Colts players and coaches. They have an odd thing, they want to win, they could care less about losing a 1 draft pick
I hope they're this foolish.

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2021
He means the players and coaches want to win they don’t care about the first round draft pick, the front office probably a different story

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
He means the players and coaches want to win they don’t care about the first round draft pick, the front office probably a different story
yup and you are just asking for trouble on a team when you 'tank for Tua' BTW how did that work out?

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
yup and you are just asking for trouble on a team when you 'tank for Tua' BTW how did that work out?
They wouldn't be tanking, just improving their draft. If the Colts are in a position where they are mathematically eliminated from playoffs, but can keep Wentz under 75%, it would be malpractice to keep playing him, no matter how much the players want to win meaningless games.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
They wouldn't be tanking, just improving their draft. If the Colts are in a position where they are mathematically eliminated from playoffs, but can keep Wentz under 75%, it would be malpractice to keep playing him, no matter how much the players want to win meaningless games.
if the Colts are eliminated from the playoffs with more than 1 game to play, and they pull a healthy Wentz, they lose the team. They may lose the coach? Heck maybe Jeffrey trades that draft choice back to the Colts for Frank Reich

Reactions: LionJim

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
if the Colts are eliminated from the playoffs with more than 1 game to play, and they pull a healthy Wentz, they lose the team. They may lose the coach? Heck maybe Jeffrey trades that draft choice back to the Colts for Frank Reich
Lose the team? I don't even know what that means. They're professionals. They will return in 2022 ready to play.

Reactions: WestSideLion

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
if you dont know what that means, you are correct, you'll never understand.
Enlighten me. What does it matter to lose a team when you are already out of the playoffs?
Do you think they will all enter the transfer portal? Will they stop listening to Reich next season, even though it wasn't his decision?

Reactions: Nohow

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Enlighten me. What does it matter to lose a team when you are already out of the playoffs?
Do you think they will all enter the transfer portal? Will they stop listening to Reich next season, even though it wasn't his decision?
well if it wasnt his decision, why listen to him at all?

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
well if it wasnt his decision, why listen to him at all?
You're avoiding the question.
To answer yours, because he is still their boss. Just because he has a boss that can tell him what to do, doesn't cause him to lose the team.
I have a boss and he has superiors. I don't stop listening to him because the corporate office sends him a directive that I don't like. He is still the boss.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
You're avoiding the question.
To answer yours, because he is still their boss. Just because he has a boss that can tell him what to do, doesn't cause him to lose the team.
I have a boss and he has superiors. I don't stop listening to him because the corporate office sends him a directive that I don't like. He is still the boss.
As mentioned from your response I know you don’t understand. If the HC doesn’t pick the starting lineup he ain’t the BOSS
If the HC doesn’t have the hammer he’s got nothing or said another way the current Philadelphia Eagles

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
As mentioned from your response I know you don’t understand. If the HC doesn’t pick the starting lineup he ain’t the BOSS
If the HC doesn’t have the hammer he’s got nothing or said another way the current Philadelphia Eagles
No need to be a d!ck. You know I understand what 'losing the team' means. I just don't think it applies in a situation where the team is better in the long run for not playing Wentz. It's not 1980. Coaches today don't need "the hammer". Players today understand that this is a business decision.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
No need to be a d!ck. You know I understand what 'losing the team' means. I just don't think it applies in a situation where the team is better in the long run for not playing Wentz. It's not 1980. Coaches today don't need "the hammer". Players today understand that this is a business decision.
Not meant to be a dick, but it was you that said you didn’t even know what losing the team meant
And you don’t know if the team is better in the long run by not playing Wentz. Heck they could take Trev Alberts again

“Lose the team? I don't even know what that means. “ post 25

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Not meant to be a dick, but it was you that said you didn’t even know what losing the team meant

Don't take things so literal.
You don't think having more 1st round draft picks is better in the long run? Yikes.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Don't take things so literal.
You don't think having more 1st round draft picks is better in the long run? Yikes.
Idk depends at what expense. For me tanking games is too high a price to pay for Danny Watkins. I m out

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Idk depends at what expense. For me tanking games is too high a price to pay for Danny Watkins. I m out
Or they could get a pro bowler like Quenton Nelson like they did in 2018. Of course, they didn't have 1st round picks in 2019 and 2020 and are now under achieving. Hmmmm...

Latest posts