2021 PSU FH Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Please use this thread to discuss the PSU FH 2021 summer/fall season, the postseason (B1Gs & NCAAs), and then offseason news about the team, former players, etc.

I'm not copying all the posts in the same thread from the former site. I'm just picking things up at this point in the season.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Damn.

PSU dominated the play, had more shots, and had more corners. But they got a little sloppy very early in the match and gave up a goal to Rutgers, 0-1. Then PSU's defender and then GK both got sloppy near the end of the 3rd period, gave up a corner which became a goal for Rutgers, 0-2. PSU scored a goal with @ 8 min left to make it 1-2. Then they got a corner with around 1 min left, got it to their best shooter, she unleashed a blistering shot that beat the GK, but a defender knocked the ball down with her stick and it hit the post. PSU got a rebound shot but it either hit the post and went OOB or went slightly OOB. Interestingly, PSU's shot off the corner with about 1 min left, after the shot being knocked down by the defender, it hit her foot before bouncing and hitting the post. That's a foul, but the ref missed it. PSU had already used up their video challenge, so there was nothing they could do.

Michigan upset Iowa in the other semi, so Michigan and Rutgers will play in the final.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This was PSU's sole goal in their 2-1 B1G Tourney semifinal loss to Rutgers. @Hlstone, show this one to your daughter. I doubt many GKs are blocking this shot, unless they had the good fortune to be standing in the way of the ball before the shot.

• Wow
Reactions: Hlstone

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
The B1G got the top 4 seeds in the NCAA D1 FH Tournament. Rutgers got the 1 seed. Iowa got the 2 seed. Michigan got the 3 seed. And PSU got the 4th seed. Unfortunately, Maryland is hosting the region that PSU is heading to, as PSU will face Syracuse and Maryland will face UVA on 11/12, and the winners of those games will face each other on 11/14. (Some rumors -- not sure how true -- that PSU could not be the regional host due to the PSU - Michigan game taking place at PSU the same weekend.)

Reactions: pennstater97

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021
was your daughter at the Spooky Nook event?
She is only camping at NU this summer. She does exactly what her future coach tells her to do.

Many of her younger club team mates were down there. I would say 2 would look good in blue/white! There is one keeper that is killing it. She will be a freshman at Crestwood this year. Every bit as good as Faye and a wonderful family.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Latest posts