2021 PSU WSOC Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Please use this thread to discuss the PSU WSOC 2021 summer/fall season, the postseason (B1Gs & NCAAs), and then offseason news about the team, former players, etc.

I'm not copying all the posts from the same thread on the former site ... I'm just picking things up at this point in the season

Reactions: Nittany

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

PSU does not have an easy road.

They'll face Monmouth in their R1 game. If they win that, they'll face the winner of the USC (#3 seed in their bracket) - Grand Canyon game in R2. Win that, and they're likely to face UNC, who is the #2 seed in their bracket, in R3.

Reactions: CoolBean

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021

PSU does not have an easy road.

They'll face Monmouth in their R1 game. If they win that, they'll face the winner of the USC (#3 seed in their bracket) - Grand Canyon game in R2. Win that, and they're likely to face UNC, who is the #2 seed in their bracket, in R3.
So they made it based on RPI as I expected. Now go and kick some asses!

Reactions: pennstater97

ChiTownLionPSU

Oct 22, 2021
Glad they kept the streak intact. To what do we attribute the regression? We were maybe primed for our best year when the Olympics stole away a few of our best players. Figured we'd bounce back when our rosters were restored but that hasn't really happened.

On another note, how nice to see the men win the Big Ten!

Last edited:
Reactions: TiogaLion

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Glad they kept the streak intact. To what so we attribute the regression? We were maybe primed for our best year when the Olympics stole away a few of our best players. Figured we'd bounce back when our rosters were restored but that hasn't really happened.

It is baffling. PSU lost Frankie Tag as a graduate transfer to Rutgers, and that seems to have affected the O. One expected starter on D didn't play the entire season (if I recall correctly), and I've not heard an explanation as to what happened with her. And I forget her name, but the GK they thought was going to be their future starter had to retire do to a heart issue last year. The answer to your questions is likely more complicated than that -- I'm just pointing out some of the things that were easy to point to.

Reactions: ChiTownLionPSU

ChiTownLionPSU

Oct 22, 2021
It is baffling. PSU lost Frankie Tag as a graduate transfer to Rutgers, and that seems to have affected the O. One expected starter on D didn't play the entire season (if I recall correctly), and I've not heard an explanation as to what happened with her. And I forget her name, but the GK they thought was going to be their future starter had to retire do to a heart issue last year. The answer to your questions is likely more complicated than that -- I'm just pointing out some of the things that were easy to point to.

Thanks, Tom. How does everyone like this recruiting class?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Thanks, Tom. How does everyone like this recruiting class?

It looks to be a very good class. I've seen Gress (GK) Latino (Middie),and Minnier (forget what position) play, and all of them are very good. Amelia White has been touted as a phenom for several years, and while I've not seen her play, she gets glowing reviews. Uribe is ranked very highly; I just don't hear much about players from the NW. I think I've seen Martin (Middie) play as well, but I'm not 100% certain of that. I don't know a lot about Borgen. They needed some middles, some attackers, a defender, and a GK, and look to have filled those needs with excellent prospects.

Reactions: pennstater97

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
Goooaaaaaaaaal, beautiful header #34, assist #2. PSU 1-0

Last edited:

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
Tie 1-1, PSU better shores up the defense, USC appeared to be better and faster

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
PSU couldn't hold off USC attacks, tie game again 2-2 with 5' to go. #12 is hurt, just back from injury

Going OT 10' per half
Second OT
After 2OT, we are going to PK for a Sweet 16 spot vs the other USC

Last edited:

Latest posts