2021 PSU WVB Thread

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
Serve receive and DS almost kill PSU but they hold to win set 2, tie 1 a piece

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
Once again, this team can't keep the lead, up by 4 and lost by 2....Season is over, first time PSU lost in the second round since 2002.

I am going to say it, I hope #13 is NOT coming back

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
Once again, this team can't keep the lead, up by 4 and lost by 2....Season is over, first time PSU lost in the second round since 2002.

I am going to say it, I hope #13 is NOT coming back
Bad loss. Pitt scores last 5 and last 4 points in final two sets for the win.

CBird

Nov 1, 2021
We are at least short one, maybe two, players that are go-to in crunch time to seal these matches.
We don’t have a Hodge, or Fawcett, or even a McClendon on the roster that can close down an opponent.
Our recruiting over the last 3-4 years has been off dramatically from those championship years and the 2022 and 2023 recruits are only ok at best. I’m sure that we’ll look to the transfer portal again, but it may be that’s it’s time for Russ to turn over control of the program to a younger coach if we are to remain relevant in the BIG much less nationally.

Bertrand

Nov 2, 2021
Hard for some coaches to retire for some reason. I get it if you are still performing up to your own high standards, but if not why not enjoy retirement and let the next great coach get his/her start.

CoolBean

Sep 20, 2021
Heard that Hampton is in the portal, Blossom and Hord may followed. I think Parker is not coming back.
This team is falling apart with no one good coming.

Last edited:

Shoresy

Oct 9, 2021
Could be an indication that Russ is about to retire, but hasn’t officially announced it yet???

Evan Ceg

Nov 1, 2021
While Russ's retirement wouldn't surprise anyone, I'm suspicious of a single post by an anonymous poster of unknown credibility on a message board. If Russ is, in fact, retiring, I doubt ICA will announce it during the WVOL semi-finals (tomorrow) or finals (Saturday).

TheGlovStillRules

Oct 14, 2021
While Russ's retirement wouldn't surprise anyone, I'm suspicious of a single post by an anonymous poster of unknown credibility on a message board. If Russ is, in fact, retiring, I doubt ICA will announce it during the WVOL semi-finals (tomorrow) or finals (Saturday).

Ah, hate to break it to you but NitneLiun has boat loads of credibility.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Ah, hate to break it to you but NitneLiun has boat loads of credibility.

I think you confused some things.

VT = VolleyTalk. @NitneLiun's post references a post on VT 7 hours ago by a poster with the handle "osusa" that says:

"as of today coach rose is no longer with PSU volleyball program. more to come in the next day or so."

@NitneLiun does have credibility, but he's only giving a heads up about the aforementioned post on VT. None of the PSU insiders on VT, and none of the insiders on DigNittanyVolleyball, have confirmed any aspects of what osusa posted on VT. The information may turn out to be true, but at this point it's just a rumor -- exactly what @NitneLiun called it in his above post.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Nicole Fawcett would be able to turn things around in a hurry. Very little coaching experience but the upside would have me doing this in a new york
minute.

For those that need a refresher.

Love it. One of my all time favorites. She’s a winner and would be a great, familiar face with all the bonafides for a fresh start/rebranding of sorts.

TheGlovStillRules

Oct 14, 2021
I think you confused some things.

VT = VolleyTalk. @NitneLiun's post references a post on VT 7 hours ago by a poster with the handle "osusa" that says:

"as of today coach rose is no longer with PSU volleyball program. more to come in the next day or so."

@NitneLiun does have credibility, but he's only giving a heads up about the aforementioned post on VT. None of the PSU insiders on VT, and none of the insiders on DigNittanyVolleyball, have confirmed any aspects of what osusa posted on VT. The information may turn out to be true, but at this point it's just a rumor -- exactly what @NitneLiun called it in his above post.

I think that Molson Canadian Flyer Stanely Cup bottle just fell OFF the shelf sir!

Darn elves!!!

:ROFLMAO: o_O :) :cool: :) o_O :ROFLMAO: ;););)

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Seems to me Nebraska has the mojo that PSU used to have.

PSU did a lot of heavy lifting for WVball in the B1G getting Minny, Wisconsin, and others up to their level. Only a matter of time until top recruits had, and took advantage of, more options. I think it’s time for Russ to move on noting he’s an absolute legend.

Reactions: dcf4psu and Grass

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
I just hope he goes out on his terms and retires and PSU isn't pulling some kind of stupid bs to force him out. With the way the rumor has been posted it makes me think he is being forced out. I hope they announce something soon and get in front of this before it takes on a life of its own. Sort of feels like groundhog day....

PSUSignore

Oct 25, 2021
There is now a rumor that the successor has already been picked and is currently coaching at another school. I guess that would eliminate Salima.

I'm not endorsing any of these rumors. I'm just presenting them because they concern a subject that most of us find of interest.
Not seeing that on volleytalk, where's that coming from?

Latest posts