2022-23 PSU MBB Thread

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
PSU has three former players on NBA rosters as of right now - is that the most ever at one time? I know it's not regular season, but seems this might be the most at one time.

Reactions: aferrelli

Hardslider33

Oct 6, 2021
PSU has three former players on NBA rosters as of right now - is that the most ever at one time? I know it's not regular season, but seems this might be the most at one time.
Yes that I can remember.
We had 2 a few times

manatree

Oct 6, 2021

Meech (Jazz), Booth (Sonics), and JC3 (Lakers & Suns) were all on NBA rosters off and on during the 2001-2002 season.

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
TBT is a great idea. Have previous coaches done this?

I don't think the coaches have anything to do with it. The TBT (The Basketball Tournament) is a summer tournament for former college players. I think this is the first time that a team of PSU alums has organized and participated in TBT. This team is called Happy Valley Hoopers. It seems that John Harrar is the main organizer for this year's team. If your former college doesn't have a team, I believe you're a free agent, and can participate on another team. Harrar was on the Purdue alumni team last year, and reportedly that experience motivated him to organize a PSU team.

I haven't focused too much on the Happy Valley Hoopers and TBT, so I can't vouch for every aspect of the above being correct. It's what I remember from various articles I skimmed through at the time it was announced that there would be a PSU alumni team in the 2023 TBT.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

JakkL

Oct 12, 2021
Don't be down if they lose tonight. They are playing the Bahamas FIBA team, which is prepping for Olympic trials. They beat Kansas yesterday.

Reactions: Bison13

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Don't be down if they lose tonight. They are playing the Bahamas FIBA team, which is prepping for Olympic trials. They beat Kansas yesterday.
I'd like to watch but no way am I paying for flohoops

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Watched 1st half on YouTube. It was ugly. Bahamas was horrible. PSU threw the ball all over the place. Not much discipline and horrible shooting (3-21 from 3pt range) but PSU's speed allowed them to drive past defenders and get to the hoop at will.

Everybody played. 10 players scored in the 1st half led by Clary with 7.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

JakkL

Oct 12, 2021
Turns out the national team flew to Argentina so we played this crappy team instead. 1st half was bad. 2nd half we shot better. The big question is why didn't Wahab and Aire make the trip?

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
This ain’t football…MBB can do their own thing.
Hoops have had the names on the unis off and on over the years. However, the whole 'no names' is just overhyped b.s. that has risen to the level of cultish propaganda.

JakkL

Oct 12, 2021
I definitely think NIL will kill the no names thing. I understand the no names concept, but its days are dwindling. I'm fine with it dying.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
I can see it now. “College” football player:

“I want my name on the back of my jersey as part of my NIL promotion. Oh, and I want to be compensated for the university using my name on my jersey.”

Reactions: Nits74 and Bison13

Latest posts