2022 OL Dave Luli at Polynesian Bowl

mvpreed2

Aug 24, 2017
Any former commit that includes the program his old coach was at is always uneasy for me.
Oregon is Oregon and with a new coach, that could go bad quickly unless the networking/academics are the top priority.
I am not sure what CLR is pitching, but any OL can look at USC's potential depth chart for 2022 and see that in 2023, there is a chance there won't be a single returning starter on that OL.

On paper, Haskins/Vorhees/Neilon are locks, and I can see a situation where Ford/Monheim/Rodriguez are positioned to battle for those two spots on the right side because of talent/size.
There is nothing from stopping Cornerly or Iuli from literally letting them battle it out with the veterans.
No, they are probably not ready physically, but the sooner these prospects can come in and get situated, that is one less position that has to be worried about for 2023 and beyond.
2022 is going to figure out what USC truly has and what needs to be brought in, but to me, CLR is operating under the notion that every position needs an adrenaline shot of talent and you let the best player earn his spot on the field (as it should ALWAYS be at USC).

LT: Haskins
LG: Vorhees
C: Neilon
RG: ???
RT: ???

Trojan-Seij

Sep 13, 2021
Any former commit that includes the program his old coach was at is always uneasy for me.
Oregon is Oregon and with a new coach, that could go bad quickly unless the networking/academics are the top priority.
I am not sure what CLR is pitching, but any OL can look at USC's potential depth chart for 2022 and see that in 2023, there is a chance there won't be a single returning starter on that OL.

On paper, Haskins/Vorhees/Neilon are locks, and I can see a situation where Ford/Monheim/Rodriguez are positioned to battle for those two spots on the right side because of talent/size.
There is nothing from stopping Cornerly or Iuli from literally letting them battle it out with the veterans.
No, they are probably not ready physically, but the sooner these prospects can come in and get situated, that is one less position that has to be worried about for 2023 and beyond.
2022 is going to figure out what USC truly has and what needs to be brought in, but to me, CLR is operating under the notion that every position needs an adrenaline shot of talent and you let the best player earn his spot on the field (as it should ALWAYS be at USC).

LT: Haskins
LG: Vorhees
C: Neilon
RG: ???
RT: ???

OL Courtland Ford RSSO
OL Andrew Vorhees CovYr x
OL Brett Neilon CovYr x
OL Justin Dedich RSSR x
OL Jonah Monheim RSSO
OL Jason Rodriguez RSJR
OL Andrew Milek RSSO
OL Mason Murphy RSFR
OL Maximus Gibbs SO
OL Ty Buchanan RSFR
OL Caadyn Stephen RSSO
OL Andres Dewerk RSSO
OL Gino Quinones RSJR
OL Bobby Haskins CovYr x

They can't battle it out for the RT position.

mvpreed2

Aug 24, 2017
OL Courtland Ford RSSO
OL Andrew Vorhees CovYr x
OL Brett Neilon CovYr x
OL Justin Dedich RSSR x
OL Jonah Monheim RSSO
OL Jason Rodriguez RSJR
OL Andrew Milek RSSO
OL Mason Murphy RSFR
OL Maximus Gibbs SO
OL Ty Buchanan RSFR
OL Caadyn Stephen RSSO
OL Andres Dewerk RSSO
OL Gino Quinones RSJR
OL Bobby Haskins CovYr x

They can't battle it out for the RT position.
You named 14 prospects.
Two of them are returning starters so I don't see why you move them (12).
One is a converted C at 6'2, and I am almost certain CLR doesn't want him at RT (11).
One is in the transfer portal and another I believe is also too small to play RT (9).
So of your 14 options, yes 9 of them could essentially could battle it out for that RT spot, BUT we all know that this list can be cut in half realistically.