2023-24 PSU MBB Thread

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
Clary had a rough game, never got on track offensively. He got injured and couldn’t play the last couple minutes which was huge. Dunn never got going after playing well in the last few weeks and Puff was a no show again.

At this point, O’Boyle probably should not see the floor anymore. Find a way to get Brown and Lilly as many minutes as possible in hopes that they will be back next year and able to be valuable assets.

Achowalogan

Oct 12, 2021
Clary had a rough game, never got on track offensively. He got injured and couldn’t play the last couple minutes which was huge. Dunn never got going after playing well in the last few weeks and Puff was a no show again.

At this point, O’Boyle probably should not see the floor anymore. Find a way to get Brown and Lilly as many minutes as possible in hopes that they will be back next year and able to be valuable assets.
Like to see Aire get more time too. Athletically, would have been much better than O’Boyle in closing seconds. Aire’s growing pains this year will pay dividends next year. PSU only projected to win 1 more Big 10 game this year let’s make more effort building next year’s team. Hey, the Lady Lions look like they have finally turned the corner….worth a watch if you want to see a winning PSU hoops team.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021

True but he also should’ve called a time out a little bit earlier and they should have a go to set for Ace or somebody to get to the basket or at least get to the free-throw line.

I know they have a finite number of timeouts but with TV timeouts, they can afford to use one or two early to stop momentum. I have a general rule in coaching basketball that if we give up a three possession run, then I’m calling a time out and the first thing that we go over in that time out is not about giving up the points but rather that we are going to run a set that we know we can get our best player going to the basket to potentially get fouled.

Reactions: bdgan and LionJim

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021

O'Boyle is overmatched at this level. Lilly has really improved and could be a contributer the next 2 yrs.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I wasn't going to go since it's an 8:30pm game during the week 90 minutes away, but the $4 tickets ($8 with fees) on Stubhub might be sucking me in.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
If we could shoot, we’d have a comfortable lead…then again, if Rutgers could shoot, so would they.

Rutgers goes to the line 13 times, yet I have the “Bushwood of Rutgers” behind me going nuts at the 15 fouls that weren’t called on us…good times.

We also need to be much stronger securing our defensive rebounds…about three of them that we were casual with and gave away.

Bison13

Oct 13, 2021
PSU is shooting lights out today! Shot that is. Final: PSU 85 - Indiana 71. Only six turnovers on the road in Bloomington. Wow!

Team Comparison
TEAMFG%FG3F%3FFT%FTTOPtTOREBORBSA
57%31-5455%12-2269%11-166172270717
Hicks played his best game of the season today, not just shooting the ball well but also getting some rebounds and a key tip out on the offensive end. Ace has been great. Q has played phenomenally the last couple games and when Brown can come off the bench and hit from deep like he did today it’s a game changer.

Nitlion93

Oct 29, 2021
Great back to back double digit road wins. That’s pretty rare even when we had better teams. I’m excited to see if we can keep gelling with multiple players stepping up each game.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
You can never start booing too early.
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

He booed so early, it was still in black and white.