2023 PSU FH Thread

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021
Hey Tom! Could you message me? A 17 years old kid in your area wants to get into reffing soccer. I was hoping you could help get him started.

Hope all is well my friend.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
How much money the wasting on that facility?

The FH alumni raised $7.75 M for the cost of the upgrades. I believe PSU is borrowing $2.5M. The total cost has gone up some (as is the case with pretty much all construction projects in the country) since the plan was initially approved pre-pandemic, so that it's now expected to cost @ $12.8 M.

My recollection is that FH stadium renovations were not even part of the Master Plan on Athletics that PSU initiated @ 7 years ago. The FH alumni raised the aforementioned impressive figure, and as such the project vaulted from not even under consideration to one of the earliest athletics facilities projects that was upgraded.

I sat in on a couple of meetings where former PSU FH coach Char Morett-Curtiss pitched the upgrade to FH alums. She made a strong case for what the program needed, and how they could make it a reality.

WVilleLion23

Oct 27, 2022
The FH alumni raised $7.75 M for the cost of the upgrades. I believe PSU is borrowing $2.5M. The total cost has gone up some (as is the case with pretty much all construction projects in the country) since the plan was initially approved pre-pandemic, so that it's now expected to cost @ $12.8 M.

My recollection is that FH stadium renovations were not even part of the Master Plan on Athletics that PSU initiated @ 7 years ago. The FH alumni raised the aforementioned impressive figure, and as such the project vaulted from not even under consideration to one of the earliest athletics facilities projects that was upgraded.

I sat in on a couple of meetings where former PSU FH coach Char Morett-Curtiss pitched the upgrade to FH alums. She made a strong case for what the program needed, and how they could make it a reality.
Thank you for the update. Cool that so much was raised and not all will be debt service.

Latest posts