2023 PSU MSOC Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
PSU's D with an amazing stop in the 1st OT. If I find a video of it, I'll post it.

The below is from the end of regulation, where PSU nearly scored on two attempts:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
PSU wins the coin flip for the PKs, and elects to kick first

PSU​
tOSU​
√​
√​
√​
X​
X​
√​
√​
√​
√​
X​
4​
3​

PSU wins in PKs, 4-3. Shakes, the B1G GK of the year, with 2 blocks. They'll play the winner of the Indiana - Michigan semi (taking place now) in the B1G Tourney final on Sunday.

Reactions: NavyBlue

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
Haven't watched one minute of PSU soccer this year. Was flipping through the channels and saw this was on. It was awesome, great drama throughout the second half, OT and the PK's. Thought PSU had it late in the 2nd half hitting the post. Will be watching the BIG championship game. Indiana looks tough, up 3-1 on Michigan.

Reactions: Sven56

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Haven't watched one minute of PSU soccer this year. Was flipping through the channels and saw this was on. It was awesome, great drama throughout the second half, OT and the PK's. Thought PSU had it late in the 2nd half hitting the post. Will be watching the BIG championship game. Indiana looks tough, up 3-1 on Michigan.

Indiana and PSU shared the B1G regular season championship. They played 1 time during the season, at PSU, and Indiana won 2-1. Should Michigan win the Indy - Michigan semi, PSU faced Michigan 1 time during the season, and PSU won 4-0.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I was disappointed that PSU's MSOC didn't make NCAAs. I believe Indiana (the team that was co-B1G regular season champs with PSU, and who beat PSU in the B1G Tournament final) was the only B1G team that was invited to the NCAAs. (Going from memory on the NCAA brackets -- my apologies if I'm mistaken.)

psykim

Oct 7, 2021
Goalie and defense were really good-just did not have a forward who would make that great shot in the big 10 finals.

LionsMD

Jan 29, 2022
I was disappointed that PSU's MSOC didn't make NCAAs. I believe Indiana (the team that was co-B1G regular season champs with PSU, and who beat PSU in the B1G Tournament final) was the only B1G team that was invited to the NCAAs. (Going from memory on the NCAA brackets -- my apologies if I'm mistaken.)
Absolutely shocking that Penn State Mens Soccer did not get an invite to the NCAA tourney. Co-Big 10 regular season champs and Big 10 conference tournament finalist, how do you not get in the NCAA tournament?!?!

A2nit

Oct 12, 2021
Absolutely shocking that Penn State Mens Soccer did not get an invite to the NCAA tourney. Co-Big 10 regular season champs and Big 10 conference tournament finalist, how do you not get in the NCAA tournament?!?!
Pitt in at 6-6-4 (where’s Lemonears), four Sunbelt, two Missouri Valley, one BIG and IU is unseeded. Pretty crazy or just absolutely insane PSU didn’t get in. PSU tied Pitt on the road.
Haven’t looked but SOC or RPI come into the decision?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Pitt in at 6-6-4 (where’s Lemonears), four Sunbelt, two Missouri Valley, one BIG and IU is unseeded. Pretty crazy or just absolutely insane PSU didn’t get in. PSU tied Pitt on the road.
Haven’t looked but SOC or RPI come into the decision?

48 teams make it. 23 are automatic qualifiers by virtue of winning their conference. 25 teams are at-large selections. The automatic qualifiers this year were:

Team (Conference)
Charlotte (American)
Bryant (America East)
Clemson (ACC)
Dayton (A-10)
Lipscomb (ASUN)
Xavier (Big East)
High Point (Big South)
Indiana (Big Ten)
UC Irvine (Big West)
Hofstra (CAA)
Green Bay (Horizon League)