2023 PSU MVB Thread

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
Only PSU and Ohio St.

With UCLA and USC on the way. There would need to be more schools with programs before it could be a conference sport. Even after adding the CA schools to the B1G, I expect we would still be in the EIVA and UCLA/USC will stay where they are now.
Yes, I believe it would take at least 2 more schools to MVB as a B1G sport. It was 6 schools for hockey. It might be possible to have a MVB only participant like ND for hockey or John's Hopkins in lacrosse.

Reactions: BobPSU92

doctornick

Oct 12, 2021
Only PSU and Ohio St.

With UCLA and USC on the way. There would need to be more schools with programs before it could be a conference sport. Even after adding the CA schools to the B1G, I expect we would still be in the EIVA and UCLA/USC will stay where they are now.

Yeah, there's not going to be any changes to the conferences I wouldn't think after USC/UCLA join. The Pac-12/Big Ten challenge will obviously go away since Stanford is the only remaining Pac-12 team that plays men's volleyball at that time. I do expect there to be some sort of ongoing inter-Big Ten tournament with UCLA/USC heading east or PSU/tOSU heading west so they all play each other - maybe there might even be an unofficial Big Ten title in the sport like how the Ivy League does in ice hockey.

Reactions: BobPSU92

Woodpecker

Oct 7, 2021
King? I don't see them in the top 15; was there a weird conference upset or something?

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
King? I don't see them in the top 15; was there a weird conference upset or something?
Nope. King won the Conference Carolinas tournament and got an AQ spot. They were third in the regular season.

Conference Carolinas schools pretty much compete at the D-2 level in other sports.