2024-2025 WBB Team (2022-present)

Gamecock Lincoln

Joined Nov 10, 2007 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 18, 2022
I feel so bad for Aliyah. She's getting beat up on and off the court. Fans need to realize what a young team this is. This is her second year in the league. I don't like the chemistry or coaching. Need a veteran strong presence to get the team to play better. There's a small group of very toxic fans (ours included) that make life brutal for these players.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
I just looked at the replay. Just Caitlin being Caitlin. Did that many times in college and was never called. Being honest it didn't look that egregious to me. Not sure what she said though.
Used the "F" bomb. WNBA refs are trying to move up to the NBA. They are not going to take that. That ref was mad. Signaled the technical twice. I thought she was ejecting Caitlin for a moment there. I am glad she didn't. She would have had a tough time getting out of that arena.

Last edited:

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
@winloseortie did you already include this game in our schedule?

Updated

OOC

@ Clemson
@ Maryland
@ UCLA
UConn
Duke
Bowling Green
ECU
NCSU @ Charlotte
Michigan @ Las Vegas

SEC/ACC Challenge (ND, Syracuse, L’ville, FSU, or maybe Stanford)

That is EIGHT P5 games out of 10 so far. Three to go. I would love to see us close out with 3 more P5 games. I know we owe Charleston Southern A game but it would be worth it to buy that one out. I also know we want to double up in LA. Maybe USCw backed out of Vegas to leverage a home game, would love that. GT, UVA, VA Tech and Wake are nearby enough to be very feasible but I don’t think they want any of us.

Last edited:

GarnetGhost

Joined Apr 22, 2014
Jan 18, 2022

I have no disrespect except for people who use foul language to make a point. As I said, if you're making a point and you use foul language, your point is mute in my book. If you are trying to make a case/argument, you've already lost when you use foul language...

She (CC) told the ref right to her face it wasn't a f****** foul with her whole chest. That technical was deserved.
TN-Gamecock. Just wondering what you think of CC's language.

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
My entire focus with that team is the wellbeing of Boston. I'm concerned for her - nothing else. That will hold true with me no matter where she is.
Whether accurate or not, Boston has that dreaded label of second best player on a team with a star that has a rabid fan base. She can't win. If she outplays Clark, their fans will be mad. If she doesn't, their losses will be all Boston's fault. They will not play to the second best player's strengths ever. That is why I said I hope Boston gets traded after the first game. See this in the NBA with stars like Lebron and KD all the time. It is always that second star's fault.

Whiterockcock69

Joined Sep 12, 2010
Jan 31, 2022
Can we possibly have a separate thread for the WNBA and Caitlin worship? Some of us simply have no interest in CC and little interest in the WNBA. It is bad enough that the most dominant CWBB team over the last 7 or 8 years can only muster a single thread while other women's teams have entire forums. But now we have to wade through WNBA and CC posts to get news on the Gamecock women's BB team.
It’s sickening. And they are hard after our girl in Indiana. That’s some naive, disgusting and nasty mf’ers in the CC Cult. I mean nasty.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022

Sharris

Joined Mar 22, 2016
Jan 31, 2022

The Coast is Clear

Joined Nov 27, 2019 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 25, 2022
If she is saying the F-bomb, no I don't like it...there's never a reason to use such language under any circumstance.

But what I do like is, Caitlin's new deal with Wilson Sports. It has not been done since Michael Jordan. That girl just keeps getting bigger and bigger endorsements.

Wilson deal: Caitlin Clark just did something no athlete has done since Michael Jordan | CNN Business
Yes, let's deflect to a CC endorsement after she clearly eff bombed the official and got a T. And ignore your new rule of only current Gamecock women's basketball discussion.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
Yes, let's deflect to a CC endorsement after she clearly eff bombed the official and got a T. And ignore your new rule of only current Gamecock women's basketball discussion.
A poster asked me about Caitlin and the F-Bomb word which I despise. I answered him or her. Since it's such a negative, I thought I would give her a positive. Let's all be happy for this beautiful woman who has now changed the game for future players (of all races) to make some REAL money. I think we can ALL agree on that? Yes?

Last edited:

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
A poster asked me about Caitlin and the F-Bomb word which I despise. I answered him or her. Since it's such a negative, I thought I would give her a positive. Let's all be happy for this beautiful woman who has now changed the game for future players (of all races) to make some REAL money. I think we can ALL agree on that? Yes?
Dude, you are starting to get real creepy with your infatuation of Caitlin Clark. You are sounding like that reporter in Indy that was shooting his shot in the press conference and ruined his career.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Thinking about next year’s opponents. The main criterion I use is, do they have something we don’t have?

For example take USCw. They have Juju Watkins and Kiki Iriafen, two of the top 25 players in the country next season. Nobody is going to totally shut them down. BUT we have enough guards who are quicker than Juju and either match her size or come close; Hall, Raven, and Fulwiley. She will have to work for her points. Watkins is a great match for Iriafen and we have more bodies in reserve. We can play them with our normal 1V1 defense.

Teams that HAVE something we don’t as of this moment.

UCLA
We don’t have a Betts. Watkins may be able to guard her but she will need help and a game plan focused on taking her away. Betts is not nearly as good as Cardoso but she is skilled enough and 6’7”. This equation changes if Walker or Tac develop sufficiently.

OKLAHOMA
Beers may not be 6’7” but with her bulk and talent at 6’4” she may overmatch anyone we have. The good news she has less talent surrounding her than she did at Oregon St. The bad news is they play a 4 out which forces 1V1 in the low post.

MAY have something we don’t

UConn, UK, and LSU all have a 6’5” or taller post player. El Alfy @ UConn and Silva @uk at are both freshman and El Alfy is coming off Achilles surgery. We don’t know what they are yet but they are both very highly touted. Del Rosario at LSU is physically just bigger than anyone on our roster. Last season she was slow, out of shape, and thwarted by anyone close to her size. Who knows what she will be this season?

LOTS of Talent but we have more and match up well with them.

Texas, Maryland, Bama, OM, Duke, NCSU

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Thinking about next year’s opponents. The main criterion I use is, do they have something we don’t have?

For example take USCw. They have Juju Watkins and Kiki Iriafen, two of the top 25 players in the country next season. Nobody is going to totally shut them down. BUT we have enough guards who are quicker than Juju and either match her size or come close; Hall, Raven, and Fulwiley. She will have to work for her points. Watkins is a great match for Iriafen and we have more bodies in reserve. We can play them with our normal 1V1 defense.

Teams that HAVE something we don’t as of this moment.

UCLA
We don’t have a Betts. Watkins may be able to guard her but she will need help and a game plan focused on taking her away. Betts is not nearly as good as Cardoso but she is skilled enough and 6’7”. This equation changes if Walker or Tac develop sufficiently.

OKLAHOMA
Beers may not be 6’7” but with her bulk and talent at 6’4” she may overmatch anyone we have. The good news she has less talent surrounding her than she did at Oregon St. The bad news is they play a 4 out which forces 1V1 in the low post.

MAY have something we don’t

UConn, UK, and LSU all have a 6’5” or taller post player. El Alfy @ UConn and Silva @uk at are both freshman and El Alfy is coming off Achilles surgery. We don’t know what they are yet but they are both very highly touted. Del Rosario at LSU is physically just bigger than anyone on our roster. Last season she was slow, out of shape, and thwarted by anyone close to her size. Who knows what she will be this season?

LOTS of Talent but we have more and match up well with them.

Texas, Maryland, Bama, OM, Duke, NCSU
Beers is the female counterpart of Charles Barkley.

Reactions: Evilchicken

Cockburn

Joined Mar 5, 2000
Jan 19, 2022
Anyone know where this interview took place and where it might be seen in its entirety?
Would live to see more of Tessa Johnson.
It was during this year’s ESPNW Basketball Summit in NY (link to session 2 below) . It appears that only sessions 2, 3, 4 have been posted to YouTube. I’ve scanned them all, and unfortunately, could not find Tessa . I’m guessing her spot took place in the first session which apparently has yet to be posted.

winloseortie

Joined Feb 21, 2007
Feb 2, 2022
Beers is the female counterpart of Charles Barkley.
In some ways definitely yes, she can just bully most of her defenders down low with her strength. Also Like Barkley she has good foot work and a variety of moves.

The biggest difference is Beers is strictly a half court player. She cannot get out on the break and was at distinct disadvantage if the opposing center ran the floor.

Last edited:

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
In some ways definitely yes, she can just bully most of her defenders down low with her strength. Also Like Barkley she has good foot work and a variety of moves.

However Barkley was 6’4” playing every night against a guy 4”-8” taller than him. His strength and explosive leaping ability negated the height differential. Add to that the fact that he ran the court better than any PF in the league.

Rarely does Beers play against smaller opponents. Like Barkley, Beers was able to put up good numbers against taller opponents. Her D suffered somewhat against taller opponents. Not bad but not great.

The biggest difference is Beers is strictly a half court player. She cannot get out on the break and was at distinct disadvantage if the opposing center ran the floor.
Your point is well taken. I was comparing them mainly with respect to physicality and physique. Owing to the differences between the men's and women's games, they do match up differently, to be sure.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Gosh wone up to see Indiana lost in another close one! I hope Aliyah is keeping her head high! She is a key piece for that team.
-18 in only 15 minutes. I didn't see the game, but sounds like the worst of her career. Maybe a mental thing right now.

• Sad
Reactions: winloseortie

Crutcher

Feb 2, 2022
It was during this year’s ESPNW Basketball Summit in NY (link to session 2 below) . It appears that only sessions 2, 3, 4 have been posted to YouTube. I’ve scanned them all, and unfortunately, could not find Tessa . I’m guessing her spot took place in the first session which apparently has yet to be posted.

I found it by googling ESPNW Basketball Summit 2024. It is in the 11:45 session. She is participating on stage in a live podcast along with Azzi Fudd and Hannah Hadalgo. It is a pretty akward set-up and the players don't seem all that comfortable together, but Tessa showed the most personality and was the "star" of the program.

CockyGirl

Joined Oct 13, 2015 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 31, 2022
I know this has to be so hard for her!!!
Also this was her first true off season. I’m sure it’s hard finding that balance of training on your own time between jobs and down time. I have no doubt she will figure it out!

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
Maybe Caitlin Clark should ask her "supporters" to lay off and show some support for the entire team, might go a long way.
Doubt if that happens. She and her supporters have an easy scapegoat. In watching the games though, the girl from Harvard, Fangbele, deserves minutes right now. Boston has been playing hesitant and missing finishes around the basket more than normal.

Reactions: EddieJ1956

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
-18 in only 15 minutes. I didn't see the game, but sounds like the worst of her career. Maybe a mental thing right now.
That is a little misleading though. They (Fever Players) all are negative +/- players right now. They are winless and have been competitive in only two of the five games.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
That is a little misleading though. They (Fever Players) all are negative +/- players right now. They are winless and have been competitive in only two of the five games.
That's just last night and I would say pretty accurate for that game. I understand why the coach had to sit her. Better days ahead for her.

1000007045.jpg

adcoop

Jul 3, 2023
That's just last night and I would say pretty accurate for that game. I understand why the coach had to sit her. Better days ahead for her.

View attachment 579592
I hear you. I tend to look more at the +/- over a course of time as opposed to one game. You could have just happened to be in the game during an opponent's big run and now your +/- is all out of whack. I did check Boston and the entire team's +/- for the season though. Boston is pretty dreadful. A -19.4 for the season. Clark is the only player on the team that is a + at a +5.0.

Reactions: DarkCock

vacock

Joined Oct 26, 1998 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 20, 2022
Reactions: TN-Gamecock