• 8. Angel Reese

• 9. Aurora James

• 10. Janelle Monae

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
The Met Gala often brings out the craziest outfits. I've culled through the pics, avoided the craziest, and present the below poll. As always, vote for your top 3, you can change your vote, and you have to vote to see the standings.

@Midnighter -- If you're interested, I'll let you put together a poll for the Met Gala After Parties.

1. Brie Larson

2. Jessica Biel

3. Shakira

4. Sydney Sweeney

5. Jennifer Lopez

6. Tyla

7. Emily Ratajkowski

Emily Ratajkowski met gala 2024 look

8. Angel Reese

Image may contain Clothing Dress Fashion Footwear High Heel Shoe Adult Person Wedding Formal Wear and Camera

9. Aurora James

Red Carpet Arrivals at The 2024 Met Gala in New York

10. Janelle Monae

Janelle Monáe Wore Vera Wang To The 2024 Met Gala

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
The Met Gala often brings out the craziest outfits. I've culled through the pics, avoided the craziest, and present the below poll. As always, vote for your top 3, you can change your vote, and you have to vote to see the standings.

@Midnighter -- If you're interested, I'll let you put together a poll for the Met Gala After Parties.

I know people sh*t on this event; most celebrities have fun with it and don't take it too seriously and it is a fundraiser, and I always love to see celebrities just going for it. My winners were:

🥇 - Tyla (her 'dress' was actually sculpted sand; incredible!)

🥈 - Emily Ratajkowski (less is more with her, always - and she delivered)

🥉 - Jennifer Lopez (just incredible - looks better than ever)

I thought Sidney Sweeney was a big miss and she usually looks amazing at these things. I love Brie Larson but didn't love her dress; same with Zendaya. Some others I thought were POLL-worthy:

Kendall Jenner

Naomi Campbell

Kaia Gerber (Cindy Crawford's daughter)

Karlie Kloss

Quana Chasinghorse

Kim Kardashian (that waist!!)

Penelope Cruz (droooooool.....)

Iris Law (Jude Law's daughter)

Eiza Gonzalez

Jennie Kim (from BLACKPINK)

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@Midnighter -- thanks for the additional pics. I had searched several sites for Met Gala pics, but hadn't seen any picks of Jennie Kim or Iris Law. Naomi Campbell nearly made my poll, but I was having trouble finding a large pic of her at the event. I've always had a thing for Penelope Cruz. Alas, the pics of her seemed to focus on her train, and most of them weren't even in focus for her face, so I opted to pass on including her.

As you noted, the stars (and their teams) really do seem to have fun with their outfits, while still paying homage to the theme for that year's Met Gala.

Reactions: Midnighter

retsio

Oct 13, 2021
My vote goes to Kaia Gerber - the rest of them are saying 'I will show as much skin as possible, but don't touch.'

Q&A - If women want to show as much as possible, why must men cover up in a full suit or Tuxedo ?? Why not just a jockstrap ?

To me - 'The Power of a Lady ..... is the Alure' - that 'knowing look and your imagination.' Not with those frocks!

Monty2007

Oct 12, 2021
Don't really follow these events but I always wonder about the logistics. Is there a changing tent around the corner or are the arriving standing up in the back of a Ford F150. They can't be Ubering dressed like this.

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
Angel Reese looks as though she belies her name. She's likely to give one a good spanking (with a magazine, that is).

• Wow
Reactions: BobPSU92

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I'm going with:

Tyla to win,
Aurora James to place, and
Jessica Biel to show

I often have a tough time with polls I put together, in that all of them have gone through an initial evaluation, and are worthy of a vote. Brie Larson looks great, but it's not a magical look to me. Shakira looks really good, and is worthy of being in my top 3. Sydney Sweeney has some fun with the event, but I like her better as a blonde. Jennifer Lopez is smoking for her age, and her outfit is a combo of dignified yet playful. She was in my top 3 until the very end. Emily Ratajkowski is gorgeous, and initially was in my top 2. But I ended up deciding that her outfit went too far, and I like a little less showing through. Angel Reese is quite a package. If she weren't still in college, I would have voted for her. Janelle Monae's outfit is quite interesting, but her hair knocked her out of the running.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
I understand the nature of the event, and the attendant nature of the attire, but historically, while many appear dressed as hoes, on occasion you might find one dressed as a princess, as in 1996.
Less than a year later the princess was gone.
41e16dcccaa1214288016dc9ce059b92.webp.jpg

Last edited:

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
I don’t know who Tyla is, but the young lady knows how to wear a dress.

Kaia Gerber? Holy cow!

To me class wins out every time.

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
I understand the nature of the event, and the attendant nature of the attire, but historically, while many appear dressed as hoes, on occasion you might find one dressed as a princess, as in 1996.
Less than a year later the princess was gone.
View attachment 572745
To me she looks like she went the Scarlett O’Hara route and is wearing the curtains.

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
I know people sh*t on this event; most celebrities have fun with it and don't take it too seriously and it is a fundraiser, and I always love to see celebrities just going for it. My winners were:

🥇 - Tyla (her 'dress' was actually sculpted sand; incredible!)

🥈 - Emily Ratajkowski (less is more with her, always - and she delivered)

🥉 - Jennifer Lopez (just incredible - looks better than ever)
You pretty much nailed this one in every respect, Midnighter. I had the same top three as you, although I would have been tempted to put Penelope Cruz in third place. Penelope is 50, for Chrissake, but she still looks really good!! Thanks, as always.