2024 NCAA TV & Streaming Schedule

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
We're a little over a week away, but it's time to start planning for 3 of the most enjoyable days of the year. And as a heads up, I have blocked off my entire schedule, so as long as I don't lose power/internet due to a storm, I'll be covering the entire tournament except for the finals. (If you're new to the board, or have forgotten, I comment during the finals, but I don't do PBP during the finals.)

Last edited:

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
We're a little over a week away, but it's time to start planning for 3 of the most enjoyable days of the year. And as a heads up, I have blocked off my entire schedule, so as long as I don't lose power/internet due to a storm, I'll be coving the entire tournament except for the finals. (If you're new to the board, or have forgotten, I comment during the finals, but I don't do PBP during the finals.)

@Tom McAndrew
just think about it... Generac

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@Tom McAndrew
just think about it... Generac

I seriously considered it @ a decade ago. My power used to go out 20-30 times a year (lots of big, old trees all around). Then the power company made a big investment in response to all the complaints, and things really improved. Alas, in recent months, I've lost power several times, so perhaps I should start reconsidering a generator.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
We're a little over a week away, but it's time to start planning for 3 of the most enjoyable days of the year. And as a heads up, I have blocked off my entire schedule, so as long as I don't lose power/internet due to a storm, I'll be covering the entire tournament except for the finals. (If you're new to the board, or have forgotten, I comment during the finals, but I don't do PBP during the finals.)

I should note the following:

- my daughter-in-law is pregnant with my 1st grandchild. Her due date is March 25th. I'm hoping that my future grandchild is in no rush, and doesn't decide to join us until at least March 24th. As we all know, due dates are not 100% accurate in terms of when a baby is born. So, there is a chance that at some point during NCAAs, I may get a call that causes me to stop doing PBP, to hit the road for a 1 1/2 hour ride, and then to hang out in a hospital waiting room. Should that happen, I certainly will post something in the Session thread indicating that I've got to end PBP, and will later post something to update what my schedule looks like with regards to PBP.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well AND the baby doesn't interrupt my NCAAs.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021

- my daughter-in-law is pregnant with my 1st grandchild. Her due date is March 25th. I'm hoping that my future grandchild is in no rush, and doesn't decide to join us until at least March 24th. As we all know, due dates are not 100% accurate in terms of when a baby is born. So, there is a chance that at some point during NCAAs, I may get a call that causes me to stop doing PBP, to hit the road for a 1 1/2 hour ride, and then to hang out in a hospital waiting room. Should that happen, I certainly will post something in the Session thread indicating that I've got to end PBP, and will later post something to update what my schedule looks like with regards to PBP.

Fingers crossed that everything goes well AND the baby doesn't interrupt my NCAAs.
Congrats. Grandkids are great.

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022

I do not have and children (and obviously no grandchildren) but I can tell you for sure that grandchildren are better than children. My grandparents let me know that most every day.

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021

The rule is that if you get the call while a PSU wrestler is on the mat then the kid has to be named after the wrestler. Sorry, I don’t make the rules.

Congrats in advance. I hope it’s Kerk. That’s a fine name for a boy or girl.

bohucon

Oct 31, 2021

Congrats ..you raised your children, now you can enjoy the grandchildren.....have 5 and enjoy all of them.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023

Congratulations in advance, Tom!

Unlike many things, having grandchildren IS what it’s cracked up to be!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

watoos

Oct 31, 2021

Before you know it you will be taking her to Nationals. Time flies. My grandson is going with me to his 5th Nationals and he is undefeated, 4-0 for Penn State.

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021

Gotta get your priorities straight. Pray for the birth AFTER NCAA's. Seriously, trust all goes well! Enjoy the tourney AND the grandchild!
True story. I took my wife on our first official date to the Wilkes Open, 1980. What could be better; my sweetheart, a gym full of mats and wrestlers and explaining the nuances of the oldest and greatest sport. That was December. We got married in August.
She is now more than a casual fan because I am a serious one and she dislikes 'Iowa-style' (hand fighting, push/pull, etc.) almost as much as me. We both love action and scoring. When I tell my friends that wrestling season, big dual meets and tournaments are priorities in my house and get Zero interference from my wife, my non-wrestling friends don't get it. My wrestling friends Do get it.
Going to get married? Schedule that in the off-season. Avoid conflicts in the future. NCAA's are here!