2024 NFL Combine thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
please use this thread for all discussions about the 2024 NFL Combine. This includes the performance of PSU football players, the performance of non-PSU football players, etc.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021

That Brooklyn-Penn State pipeline.......

roc nation respect GIF by Yandel

Obliviax

Oct 12, 2021
It feels like PSU has really developed some great athletes. I am thinking of guys like Saquon, Parsons, Oweh...guys that just freaked out athletically as the NFL evaluates players.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023

He certainly LOOKS like a player - and there is more to the impact of a player than just stats:
Yet somehow, for the entire 2023 season, he managed 12 tackles and 4 sacks (2 of which came in the scrimmage vs UMass)
That is a head-scratcher.

Reactions: Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
He certainly LOOKS like a player - and there is more to the impact of a player than just stats:
Yet somehow, for the entire 2023 season, he managed 12 tackles and 4 sacks (2 of which came in the scrimmage vs UMass)
That is a head-scratcher.

He also had a really high win % rate per PFF. I never thought much about it but Robinson only played 298 snaps last year; compared to 387 for Isaac and 429 for DDS. Think he was *injured*....

Reactions: Bison13 and PSUFTG2

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
He also had a really high win % rate per PFF. I never thought much about it but Robinson only played 298 snaps last year; compared to 387 for Isaac and 429 for DDS. Think he was *injured*....
Yep. He missed a couple games (but I think he did play in 10)

PSU rotates more than most

Both of those would impact his accumulation of stats.

At the same time, he had the advantage a lot of guys don't have, in that opposing teams couldn't just always shade protection his way - because Isaac was on the other side. He also played on a D that sent tons of extra guys in the pass rush - both of which should have helped him rack up more stats.
He did certainly influence a lot of plays where he didn't get a "stat".... but the crazy low level of actual countable events on his stat sheet is an oddity.

Reactions: Midnighter