2024 NFL Draft thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
It's finally time for the 2024 NFL Draft. Please use this thread to discuss all rounds of the 2024 NFL draft

Reactions: Steelhead52

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
This will be the first time since 2016 that the Rams make a first round pick.

Sharkies

Nov 1, 2021
Shout out to my High School Alma Mater - Gonzaga in DC, with a chance to be the first to have 2 guys go in the top 10 in the same draft... Caleb Williams and our own, Olu Fashanu.. I do think Olu will translate well in the NFL, Caleb, I hope I'm wrong, but I see bust. But, the tangibles are all there, obviously.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Shout out to my High School Alma Mater - Gonzaga in DC, with a chance to be the first to have 2 guys go in the top 10 in the same draft... Caleb Williams and our own, Olu Fashanu.. I do think Olu will translate well in the NFL, Caleb, I hope I'm wrong, but I see bust. But, the tangibles are all there, obviously.
So you’re Gonzaga? A great school.

Reactions: Sharkies

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Recent analysis has Olu landing outside the top 10. We shall see.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
What is the Steeler scuttlebutt? Not signing Fields long term - QB the move?

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
What is the Steeler scuttlebutt? Not signing Fields long term - QB the move?
I’m not so sure that means they won’t sign him long term as much as they aren’t willing to pick up the 5th year option at $25 milllion. He could potentially get a long term deal that makes more sense to both parties, but I guess that depends on if he plays this season and what he shows them. I think they go OL in first round. I like the center from Oregon. He seems to fit the Steeler center mold. He’s plug and play for the next 10 yrs or so. If not, I also like the center from WVU, but he could probably be taken in the second if they go OT in the first.

Reactions: Midnighter

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Yea or Nay, Chicago should have given Fields more time. Me: Y.
The financial side of things really play into the decision...from a purely football standpoint, I can see Yes. But if you can find your QB of the future and lock him down for 5 seasons at a reasonable cost, that's going to help out a lot for the rest of your roster construction. That's why I'd say Nay. QBs just make WAY too much $ when they hit the open market.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
The financial side of things really play into the decision...from a purely football standpoint, I can see Yes. But if you can find your QB of the future and lock him down for 5 seasons at a reasonable cost, that's going to help out a lot for the rest of your roster construction. That's why I'd say Nay. QBs just make WAY too much $ when they hit the open market.
You have a good point. The Texans and 49ers are prime examples. They have QBs on the cheap with rookie contracts which allows them to have a lot of flexibility with the rest of their roster. The Texans are a team on the rise as long as Stroud is what we saw last year.

Reactions: LionJim

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
It struck me that you seriously consider Daniels at #2 to be a mistake. Amirite?
I’m being facetious. BUT there are a few risks that stand out in taking him that high:
  • it’s Washington making the pick and developing him.
  • Slender build for his height
  • Tends to abandon the pocket and run quickly. Pair that with above point and there are questions.
  • He threw to BIG TIME WR talent at LSU. That’s been the knock on many busted OSU QBs through the years
All highly drafted QBs have risk. Who knows?

Reactions: LionJim

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
QB, QB, QB...ridiculous! I get it that QB is the most important position in the NFL but IMO Maye and McCarthy behind him are not Top 20 picks, yet alone #3 overall.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I like the Daniel's and Harrison picks. I think they're both gonna be studs, Harrison more so.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
The first night of the NFL Draft is my annual reminder as to what an annoying loud mouth Mel Kiper is.
Getting plenty of competition from Boogis and Pittboy Riddick. And for comic relief they shift to Michigan Man Shefty, a guy who has made a career out of saying absolutely nothing.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Picks so far in Round 1:

1. Bears: Caleb Williams, QB, USC
2. Commanders: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
3. Patriots: Drake Maye, QB, UNC
4. Cardinals: Marvin Harrison, Jr., WR, tOSU
5. Chargers: Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
6. Giants: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
7. Titans: JC Latham, OT, Alabama
8. Falcons: Michael Penix, Jr., QB, Washington
9. Bears: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
10. Vikings: J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan (they traded with the Jets to move up 1 pick)
11. Jets: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, PSU (they traded with the Vikings to move down 1 pick)
12. Broncos: Bo Nix, QB, Oregon
13. Raiders: Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
14. Saints: Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Picks so far in Round 1:

1. Bears: Caleb Williams, QB, USC
2. Commanders: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU
3. Patriots: Drake Maye, QB, UNC
4. Cardinals: Marvin Harrison, Jr., WR, tOSU
5. Chargers: Joe Alt, OT, Notre Dame
6. Giants: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
7. Titans: JC Latham, OT, Alabama
8. Falcons: Michael Penix, Jr., QB, Washington
9. Bears: Rome Odunze, WR, Washington
10. Vikings: J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan (they traded with the Jets to move up 1 pick)
11. Jets: Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, PSU (they traded with the Vikings to move down 1 pick)
12. Broncos: Bo Nix, QB, Oregon
13. Raiders: Brock Bowers, TE, Georgia
14. Saints: Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
I was wondering what the Vikings ceded /Jets obtained for this deal

The Vikings gave up the No. 11 pick, a fourth-round pick (No. 129) and a fifth-round pick (No. 157) to get No. 10 and a seventh-round pick (No. 203) from the Jets.

Latest posts