2024 NFL Draft thread

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
It starts and ends with Brock Bowers.

Football Booking GIF by ElevenSportsBE

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Okay, no time for a poll but here's a quick rundown of known WAGs for the 2024 NFL draft class...

Alina Thyregod

Ann Michael Hudson

Katya Kuropas

Emilie Meyer

Cameron Rose Newell

Sydney Horne

Alannah Davidson

Izzy Nix

It's good to be a future pro.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I'll add from a 'fan viewing' experience, having a different city host the draft, with INCREDIBLE turnout (have heard as high as 275,000 in Detroit?!), and local celebrities is amazing to watch. Detroit put on a hell of a show, especially with Eminem offering his talent/celebrity for them to lean into (best rapper of all time bruh). This perspective from the audience though is awesome (have to watch on YouTube).

This is the actual broadcast intro (crap, it's also YouTube only):

Sigh.

Last edited:

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Okay, no time for a poll but here's a quick rundown of known WAGs for the 2024 NFL draft class...

Alina Thyregod

Ann Michael Hudson

Katya Kuropas

Emilie Meyer

Cameron Rose Newell

Sydney Horne

Alannah Davidson

Izzy Nix

It's good to be a future pro.

Which one is the pro?

o_O

Reactions: Midnighter

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Maybe I'm mistaken but your post seemed to infer that you were okay with the amount of QBs taken high in the 1st round since "High picks don't guarantee anything, just increase your odds of success.."
I wouldn't make any general statement about number of QBs taken high in round 1, but rather evaluate on a case by case basis. I thought McCarthy, Maye, and Nix went higher than their actual value. Penix is a wild card - good value if he stays healthy (but not if you just signed Cousins!).

My original reply was only expressing disagreement in the strategy of employing a "game manager QB". Nothing more, nothing less. Those days are long over in the NFL.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
Everytime Desmond Howard opens his mouth it's about Michigan. They're talking about Cooper Dejean and he starts talking about some Michigan DB named Mike Sanistril. Ugh!

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I'd love for Washington to get Dejean at 36th (or Kool-Aid if one of the first 3 take him), and then follow it up with Suamataia at 40th. Think CB and OT are the two biggest needs. 3 picks in the third round that could involve a WR, RB, TE, LB, and/or interior line help. @LionJim, what are you hoping for tonight?

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I'll add from a 'fan viewing' experience, having a different city host the draft, with INCREDIBLE turnout (have heard as high as 275,000 in Detroit?!), and local celebrities is amazing to watch. Detroit put on a hell of a show, especially with Eminem offering his talent/celebrity for them to lean into (best rapper of all time bruh). This perspective from the audience though is awesome (have to watch on YouTube).

This is the actual broadcast intro (crap, it's also YouTube only):

Sigh.

You have to respect the love Eminem shows for his city.

Reactions: Midnighter

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
I’m being facetious. BUT there are a few risks that stand out in taking him that high:
  • it’s Washington making the pick and developing him.
  • Slender build for his height
  • Tends to abandon the pocket and run quickly. Pair that with above point and there are questions.
  • He threw to BIG TIME WR talent at LSU. That’s been the knock on many busted OSU QBs through the years
All highly drafted QBs have risk. Who knows?
Well, the dog caught the car. It bothers me that scouts are really divergent in their evaluations of Daniels. He had one great season with great WRs.

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
Well, the dog caught the car. It bothers me that scouts are really divergent in their evaluations of Daniels. He had one great season with great WRs.
The Randall Cunningham comps are also worrying. I say that as a life long Eagles fan. The Skins had to take the shot at #2 overall. A franchise QB on a rookie contract is franchise altering. Now they just hope Daniels works out.

Reactions: LionJim

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
He’s more talented than anybody the Skins have had in a long time. I think it’s a good pick. He’s got good WRs and a good TE to throw to. They made Sam Howell look good a few times last year. Be patient.

Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
He’s more talented than anybody the Skins have had in a long time. I think it’s a good pick. He’s got good WRs and a good TE to throw to. They made Sam Howell look good a few times last year. Be patient.
Cool. Thanks for taking the time.

Reactions: LB99

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Hmm. NFL Network used ‘Juicy’ as an attribute for WR Ladd McConkey. What are we doing here folks!?

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Haha
Reactions: LB99

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
They’ve won more than those with the “next Patrick Mahomes”.
Um, you know that Patrick Mahomes was "the next Patrick Mahomes" when he was drafted. Nobody knew he was going to be that good. There was even criticism for the Chiefs moving up to take him.

Reactions: s1uggo72

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
Considering the Eagles need help at Safety and Corner, I like the DeJean pick. I may be wrong but it sounds like he'll start at CB with the option of moving to Safety if that doesn't workout. Versatility

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Considering the Eagles need help at Safety and Corner, I like the DeJean pick. I may be wrong but it sounds like he'll start at CB with the option of moving to Safety if that doesn't workout. Versatility
The picks will definitely help the Eagles. Now, Howie needs to recognize the LBs are big issue.

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
Not for anything but some of the team war rooms are lame. How many guys do you need sitting around staring at computer screens?? The Cowboys drafted an OL in the third round and all the war room dudes were smiling and hugging each other like they worked a lopsided deal to steal the overall #1. To be fair, some teams have a pretty basic setup without the need to have a bunch of people sitting around as if they're running a space mission.

A couple years ago they showed some team's war room with a bunch of guys staring at computer screens. One dude was playing solitaire.