2024 NFL Draft

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
I don't get dis one. Many mock drafts have JJ McCarthy the #4 QB to be taken in 1st Rd, behind C.Williams, J.Daniels, D.Maye. Seen JJ McCarthy play many times, he's good but M.Penix & B.Nix are way better QB's. JJ McCarthy has an average arm, da NFL DB's will chew him up. I feel he's a 3rd rounder. What do you guys think about JJ McCarthy?

Last edited:

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
I don't get dis one. Many mock drafts have JJ McCarthy the #4 QB to be taken in 1st Rd, behind C.Williams, J.Daniels, D.Maye. Seen JJ McCarthy play many times, he's good but M.Penix or B.Nix are way better QB's. JJ McCarthy has an average arm, da NFL DB's will chew him up. I feel he's a 3rd rounder. What do you guys think about JJ McCarthy?
Second round worst case Canyon. He doesn’t always look great but he was QB for the national champions last year and he was more than just a game manager. He’s pretty athletic too. There are always a lot of teams who need QBs and IMO he has some upside. I agree with you that Penix and Nix are at least as good, but IMO there’s no way McCarthy is still available in the third round.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
He seems to be straight down-the-line either hit or miss depending on what expert you listen to.

He certainly didn't throw the ball very often. I think he only had three games in his career that were over 300 yards. But apparently he had a very good pro day and I think there are 1 or 2 franchises who are pumping up his rise in the rankings.

Harbaugh has certainly done his part to elevate expectations.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Do not understand why Penix is not higher, best arm I have seen in a long time. Bo Nix, king of the 4 yard route. I just do not think J Daniels makes it thru a season, McCarthy on a great team, hard to judge. Compare his protection to Caleb Williams. Williams would have completed 85% as a Michigan QB throwing 20 passes a game

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Thanxs people, appreciate your input and thoughts about McCarthy.

I know he's athletic, able to extend plays, pretty fast, but he has an average arm. His long balls are shaky, (WR have to adjust to his long passes, balls wobbles), throws short to medium pretty well. I just feel the NFL DB's will chew him up. He may had a good Pro Day, but I've seen him play at least 10 times on TV, I just do not like his arm.

So, he won da National Championship, but Michigan run game and D pretty much won da game. McCarthy went 10/19 passes = 140 yds, 0 TD, Mich rushed for 303 yds, 4 TD's. OK, yeah Penix had an awful game. But, I've seen Penix play 10 times while at UDub, he has a Golden arm. I'm not saying McCarthy isn't good, just not 1st round type QB and over Penix and Nix. Penix and Nix are way better QB's.

If he goes 1st round and before Penix and Nix than it's time for me to hang it up...

Cheers. Peace & Aloha

Last edited:

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Let me clarify something, I feel he is a 3rd rd pick based on arm talent (average arm). He is going 1st or 2nd rd due to teams searching and needing a QB (desperate and willing to throw da dice). Amazes me how NFL owners throw around money for QB’s. every year; it’s like a kid going to da candy store. Then trade them within 2 to 3 years when they don’t work out. Dang, these owners have deep pockets. Glad it’s not my check book.

Look at all the top rated Qb's these last 15 years, way bigger arm than McCarthy getting traded and having average careers. How can McCarthy do any better? The NFL is a deadpool for QB's. In reality, drafting QB’s is a crap shoot.

Last edited:

4thamp1

Aug 24, 2017
There was another Michigan QB a long time ago that had suspect arm strength that managed to make a living in the NFL. Maybe the GM's see other intangibles that are more personality based than pure football talent?

Reactions: Pudly76

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
I think teams see him as someone who won’t lose games for them but might be capable of leading an 80 yard drive in a minute thirty to win one. I did see him make some pretty good deep throws, but that is harder in the NFL. Not harder to make them, harder to complete them. Every team has DB that are as good as anyone you faced in college, and they have 5 of them, not just one.

Reactions: usc2k24

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Thanxs people, appreciate your input and thoughts about McCarthy.

I know he's athletic, able to extend plays, pretty fast, but he has an average arm. His long balls are shaky, (WR have to adjust to his long passes, balls wobbles), throws short to medium pretty well. I just feel the NFL DB's will chew him up. He may had a good Pro Day, but I've seen him play at least 10 times on TV, I just do not like his arm.

So, he won da National Championship, but Michigan run game and D pretty much won da game. McCarthy went 10/19 passes = 140 yds, 0 TD, Mich rushed for 303 yds, 4 TD's. And Penix had an awful game. I'm not saying McCarthy isn't good, just not 1st round type QB and over Penix and Nix. Penix and Nix are way better QB's.

If he goes 1st round and over Penix and Nix than it's time for me to hang it up...

Cheers. Peace & Aloha
I would take him over Nix. Definitely not over Penix. I don’t believe any of them will make it through the middle of the second round. I could see the Rams taking Penix in round two, if they have a pick.

Edit: The Rams have the 52nd pick. If he still there, that would be a perfect fit as Stafford’s eventual replacement

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Sorry everyone, for some reason I'm having a tuff time letting dis subject lay to rest. Blame it on old age. :LOL:

Pro Day workouts, NFL combines are important and evaluation tools for team scouts, coaches and GM. But, I feel and think da player's game tapes (shows true traits of a player in a hot contested game) + interviews are more important. I feel game tapes = 40%, the other workouts = 20%, interviews, written test, eye ball test = 40% of da total evaluation pie chart.

These workouts are glorified practices and with little and no direct pressure. Game tapes + personal interviews + written test tells you a better evaluation about an O or D player.

In Penix's horrible championship game, it was pretty bad, I feel scouts should not penalize him for one game but view all his game tapes at UDub & Indiana as evaluation tools. His games tapes showed his incredible arm talent. I think Penix is top 2 best arm in dis year QB class.

Same with Bo Nix, his years at Auburn were average, but his last 2 seasons at Oregon really showed his A+ QB talent. Nix reminds me of da great Steve Young, SF QB.

Like I said I've seen McCarthy play many times while at Michigan, I like Penix and Nix game tapes much more. I feel these 2 QB’s are better QB’s vs McCarthy.

My rankings of QB’s in da 24 class. C.Williams #1, J.Daniels #2, D. Maye #3, Bo Nix #4, M.Penix # 5 and McCarthy #6.

One more thing, NFL scouts, HC, GM’s evaluation of QB’s have low % success rate. Every year and many times they FU big time. No question drafting QB's is a crap shoot, roll of da dice... Cheers.

Peace✌️ & Aloha.

Last edited:

BlackLeftLeft

Aug 21, 2019
False narratives.

During the Combine, McCarthy displayed his strong arm with some impressive downfield throws. In the velocity drill, McCarthy topped out at 61 mph, which was the second-best mark behind former Tennessee signal-caller Joe Milton III, whose arm strength is well known to be off the charts and hit 62mph.

He's going in the first.

4thamp1

Aug 24, 2017
IMO, a young QB's success in the NFL is just as dependent on the teams that drafts them based on the OL and OC fit, expectations, early injuries, maturity, dedication and self-discipline. I think of Jim Plunkett being thrown to wolves in New England and how his career was transformed when he went to the Raiders that needed a QB bump to win more Super Bowls. Was Plunkett all of a sudden a SB QB or was the talent around him just that much better that he did not have to be great, just good?

Dan Marino was another great but did not have a defense that was at his level.

Sometimes, it is more about situations (fortune) than talent.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
False narratives.

During the Combine, McCarthy displayed his strong arm with some impressive downfield throws. In the velocity drill, McCarthy topped out at 61 mph, which was the second-best mark behind former Tennessee signal-caller Joe Milton III, whose arm strength is well known to be off the charts and hit 62mph.

He's going in the first.
Not buying it Brah. These combines, Pro days are glorified practices. These QB are throwing passes with no one rushing them, no pressure, no shoulder pads, accuracy is not a problem. I prefer viewing live game tapes to evaluate players. Bigger & important da game mo betta. I've seen enough of his games to come up with my thoughts about McCarthy. Like I said, he's good and my #6 QB ratings.

Brah, my rant about McCarthy is not false narratives. I said I don't get it regarding these mock drafts rating him #4 QB in my OP. Looks like I'm in a minority with McCarthy ratings as a QB. I disagree with most of the mock drafts and his ratings. You have your opinion and I have mine, Kool. These combines and Pro Day results are not gonna change my thoughts about McCarthy...

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024
False narratives.

He's going in the first.
I don't doubt he's going in the first, but I do question why you singled out velocity. Joe Milton may have good velocity, but he's not a top prospect. I did have to do some googling to find this, but here are the top 3 out of the past few drafts. Velocity does not equal success.

2023 DRAFT QUARTERBACK BALL VELOCITY​

Dorian Thompson-Robinson UCLA 62 MPH
Anthony Richardson Florida 60 MPH
Will Levis Kentucky 59 MPH
Stetson Bennett Georgia 59 MPH

2022 DRAFT QUARTERBACK BALL VELOCITY​

Sam Howell North Carolina 59 MPH
Dustin Crum Kent State 53 MPH
Jack Coan Notre Dame 55 MPH

2020 DRAFT QUARTERBACK BALL VELOCITY​

Jacob Eason Washington 59 MPH
Jake Luton Oregon State 59 MPH
Steven Montez Colorado 59 MPH

2019 DRAFT QUARTERBACK BALL VELOCITY​

Will Grier West Virginia 59 MPH
Brett Rypien Boise State 59 MPH
Clayton Thorson Northwestern 58 MPH

2018 DRAFT QUARTERBACK BALL VELOCITY​

Josh Allen Wyoming 62 MPH
Baker Mayfield Oklahoma 60 MPH
Josh Rosen UCLA 59 MPH

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Same with Bo Nix, his years at Auburn were average, but his last 2 seasons at Oregon really showed his A+ QB talent. Nix reminds me of da great Steve Young, SF QB.
Was it because he faced better defenses in the SEC? He was 0-4 against UGA. That's the type of defense he's going to face in the NFL.
One more thing, NFL scouts, HC, GM’s evaluation of QB’s have low % success rate. Every year and many times they FU big time. No question drafting QB's is a crap shoot, roll of da dice... Cheers.

Peace✌️ & Aloha.
It's even more of a crap shoot when you consider how many QB's are not even in the discussion now but will be a success at some point. Sorta like Mr Irrelevant Brock Purdy.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Veebs, good point about Nix at Auburn and SEC D. Yeah he did not look good even playing the average SEC schools. I saw him about 5 times at Auburn. Could it be his OC and da O were not suited for him?

What a transformation when played at Oregon. He was an impressive QB. I like him a lot. We will see how Nix turns out in da NFL...

BlackLeftLeft

Aug 21, 2019
Not buying it Brah. These combines, Pro days are glorified practices. These QB are throwing passes with no one rushing them, no pressure, no shoulder pads, accuracy no problem. I prefer viewing live game tapes to evaluate players. Bigger & important da game mo betta. I've seen enough of his games to come up with my feelings about McCarthy. Like I said, he's good and my #6 QB ratings.

Brah, my rant about McCarthy is not false narratives. I said I don't get it regarding these mock drafts rating him #4 QB in my OP. Looks like I'm in a minority with McCarthy ratings as a QB. I disagree with most these mock drafts and his ratings. You have your opinion and I have mine, Kool. These combines and Pro Day results are not gonna change my thoughts about McCarthy...
"JJ McCarthy has an average arm, da NFL DB's will chew him up."

That's a false narrative. You claimed a guy had an average arm when he doesn't and in fact has one of the strongest in his class. If a guy runs 4.3 and you claim he has decent speed, that would be a false narrative too because 4.3 is fast.

You further tried to push a false narrative by attacking the Combine and pro days as "glorified practices". You just didn't like that the results from the combine didn't fit the narrative you're pushing. Why do all those execs and scouts attend the combine, pro day, and workout guys privately with such "glorified practices" ? Exactly. You can witness things such as arm strength, throws guys might not have been able to attempt in the particular offense they ran (see McCarthy and Michigan's run heavy attack which conned guys like you into believing he had an average arm or couldn't really sling it), how guys move and their change of direction skills, how fast they run, etc. We won't even go into the fact that all of this is on top of the game tape everyone has already seen, which you seem to act like no one watches and is basing everything on the glorified practices. They take everything into account. If you did too you wouldn't be going around saying goofy things like McCarthy has an average arm.

BlackLeftLeft

Aug 21, 2019
I don't doubt he's going in the first, but I do question why you singled out velocity. Joe Milton may have good velocity, but he's not a top prospect. I did have to do some googling to find this, but here are the top 3 out of the past few drafts. Velocity does not equal success.

Josh Rosen UCLA 59 MPH
He said he had an average arm and I literally provided quantitative evidence that proved him entirely incorrect. That's why velocity was singled out. No one said anything about velocity equalling success, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up or even posting all that.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
"JJ McCarthy has an average arm, da NFL DB's will chew him up."

That's a false narrative. You claimed a guy had an average arm when he doesn't and in fact has one of the strongest in his class. If a guy runs 4.3 and you claim he has decent speed, that would be a false narrative too because 4.3 is fast.

You further tried to push a false narrative by attacking the Combine and pro days as "glorified practices". You just didn't like that the results from the combine didn't fit the narrative you're pushing. Why do all those execs and scouts attend the combine, pro day, and workout guys privately with such "glorified practices" ? Exactly. You can witness things such as arm strength, throws guys might not have been able to attempt in the particular offense they ran (see McCarthy and Michigan's run heavy attack which conned guys like you into believing he had an average arm or couldn't really sling it), how guys move and their change of direction skills, how fast they run, etc. We won't even go into the fact that all of this is on top of the game tape everyone has already seen, which you seem to act like no one watches and is basing everything on the glorified practices. They take everything into account. If you did too you wouldn't be going around saying goofy things like McCarthy has an average arm.
Brah I go by actual games in evaluating players not combines and Pro Days (means jack sheet). Dat's my thing. Seen many games where he struggled with balls over 40 yards. He threw 30 yds to 25 yds medium passes pretty good. If a QB does not have all da throws, how can he #1 pick. I stand by my statement he has an average arm. You can come up with all these stats and velocity numbers from the combines, but it's meaningless to me...

Brah please explain how do you evaluate a QB's arm and passing skills? You seem to favor combines and Pro days, velocity numbers in evaluating a QB.

Last edited:

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
These QB are throwing passes with no one rushing them, no pressure, no shoulder pads, accuracy is not a problem.
They are also more comfortable on their own field and often give their best performance.

Once you get to pro day, scouts show up with everyone, including executives who will need to be on board. It's the first time that a player gets true one on one time with scouts. They will be evaluated on their leadership, how they interact with teammates, are they still in shape, do they listen, are they mentally prepared....lots of intangibles that can move them up or down significantly. They are also getting feedback from the college coaching staff. College coaches aren't going to risk their reputation by lying so if you look a coach in the eye and ask, "how is he.....", they will get straight answers. I suspect McCarthy got nothing but straight A's.

For some scouts, they may not have seen a prospect in several months. The combine/pro day may either confirm or question where they had the prospect ranked compared to others. It's so much more than just how they play in actual games.

Reactions: Canyon.usc

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Brah I go by actual games in evaluating players not combines and Pro Days (means jack sheet). Dat's my thing. Seen many games where he struggled with balls over 40 yards. He threw 30 yds to 25 yds medium passes pretty good. If a QB does not have all da throws, how can he #1 pick. I stand by my statement he has an average arm. You can come up with all these stats and velocity numbers from the combines, but it's meaningless to me...

Brah please expalin how do you evaluate a QB's arm and passing skills? You seem to like combines and Pro days numbers in evaluating a QB.
A pro day session after taking weeks off to recuperate doesn’t prove velocity or arm strength in my book. He didn’t impress me with his ball speed in the last few games of the year. Looked like his arm was tired to me.

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
They are also more comfortable on their own field and often give their best performance.

Once you get to pro day, scouts show up with everyone, including executives who will need to be on board. It's the first time that a player gets true one on one time with scouts. They will be evaluated on their leadership, how they interact with teammates, are they still in shape, do they listen, are they mentally prepared....lots of intangibles that can move them up or down significantly. They are also getting feedback from the college coaching staff. College coaches aren't going to risk their reputation by lying so if you look a coach in the eye and ask, "how is he.....", they will get straight answers. I suspect McCarthy got nothing but straight A's.

For some scouts, they may not have seen a prospect in several months. The combine/pro day may either confirm or question where they had the prospect ranked compared to others. It's so much more than just how they play in actual games.
Veebs, I did not fully discount combines and Pro day workouts. Dis is what I wrote earlier and what I believe for proper evaluation of QB's.

I said: "Pro Day workouts, NFL combines are important and evaluation tools for team scouts, coaches and GM. But, I feel and think da player's game tapes (shows true traits of a player in a hot contested game) + interviews are more important. I feel game tapes = 40%, the other workouts = 20%, interviews, written test, eye ball test = 40% of da total evaluation pie chart."

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
A pro day session after taking weeks off to recuperate doesn’t prove velocity or arm strength in my book. He didn’t impress me with his ball speed in the last few games of the year. Looked like his arm was tired to me.
You know Brah, after seeing him play for 2 years, I felt his arm was just OK. Long balls pretty bad actually. Dat's why I have a hard time seeing him as a 1st Rd draft pick and ahead of Penix and Nix. I can't understand what these NFL guys are seeing in his arm. He has an average arm and does not have all da throws.

McCarthy strengths are his feet, A+ mobility, he's fast, shifty and tough runner-takes a good licking and come right back up. He got away with dat in da college game, but he had better kool it on Sundays. He has Mojo & Moxie, A+ on leadership and a fierce competitor.

Last edited:

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
I would take him over Nix. Definitely not over Penix. I don’t believe any of them will make it through the middle of the second round. I could see the Rams taking Penix in round two, if they have a pick.

Edit: The Rams have the 52nd pick. If he still there, that would be a perfect fit as Stafford’s eventual replacement
Stafford is no kid, and he still has a REALLY strong throwing arm. He still makes some throws that few others can make.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017

Josh Rosen UCLA 59 MPH
I think he used MPH to dispel the myth about McCarthy having a noodle arm

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
You know Brah, after seeing him play for 2 years, I felt his arm was just OK. Long balls pretty bad actually. Dat's why I have a hard time seeing him as a 1st Rd draft pick and ahead of Penix and Nix. I can't understand what these NFL guys are seeing in his arm. He has an average arm and does not have all da throws.

McCarthy strengths are his feet, A+ mobility, he's fast, shifty and tough runner-takes a good licking and come right back up. He got away with dat in da college game, but he had better kool it on Sundays. He has Mojo & Moxie, A+ on leadership and a fierce competitor.

• Wow

BlackLeftLeft

Aug 21, 2019

Brah please explain how do you evaluate a QB's arm and passing skills? You seem to favor combines and Pro days, velocity numbers in evaluating a QB.

Well I'm not a scout and I'm a defense guy, the secondary in particular and CB to be specific, but as I said I take everything into account.

There's a ton of info available now and it's easier to analyze how QBs perform in certain key situations and identify those situations that top prospects tend to perform well in,for example how do they perform when scrambling?

Screenshot-2024-02-14-at-16.32.53-768x442.png

Reactions: The Lizard King

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Well I'm not a scout and I'm a defense guy, the secondary in particular and CB to be specific, but as I said I take everything into account.

There's a ton of info available now and it's easier to analyze how QBs perform in certain key situations and identify those situations that top prospects tend to perform well in,for example how do they perform when scrambling?

View attachment 566186
Like I said, I need to see QB’s play in real games. I feel dat combines and Pro days are glorified practices. I’ve seen mucho players in sports dat practice well but do not play well in games and matches. Games tells da true story about a player. You want a QB to be a gamer!

We’re good Brah and I’m sorry dat I’m rehashing dis subject all ova again. I’ve seen enough of McCarthy as a QB in games (10 times at least), he does not have the NFL arm talent, does not all da throws to be a 1st pick. (OK, he was picked in da 1st Rd, good for him.) My thinking, if he could not win games at Michigan with his arm, how is he gonna do it in da NF? Shoot, the NFL DB’s are 3 times mo betta vs college DB's. I’ve seen his long balls, many passes were off da mark, wobbles, WR’s needed to adjust to underthrown and off marked throws. Accuracy shaky.

But, good for him he was chosen in da 1st Rd and will make millions. OK, I was a minority in judging his QB skills. For real, I hope he does well in da NFL. No hate, God bless & wish him all da Best.

Good example of practice players. In basketball, in warm ups I would look over to our opponents and see players shooting set shots well. But during da game time, could not make shots (defender in their face, no more set shots, could not make jump shots, constant moving, failed to create shots with da ball and without da ball.)

Our BB coach was a smart and very good technical coach. He taught and turned us into great shooters & scorers. In a 3 hours practice, he made us practice for 1 1/2 hours every day on our shooting techniques and mechanics (jump shots, set shots, someone in our face, catch & shoot, moving-setting our feet and making jump shots, creating shots off da dribble. He pounding us to have confidence in our shooting abilities in games, always think offensively. Do not be afraid to shoot da ball. He was a very technical and great shooter himself and taught us his skills and basketball philosophy.

More so in tennis. You see many players practice well, but in tournaments and matches fall apart (weak mental game + unable to control their nerves). Da top players have an A+ Mental Game and know how to close out matches and win! In tennis you’re by yourself, on an island, no coaching allowed, small time outs, one has to make adjustments all da time, must control their nerves and thoughts, play calm, know how to play one point at a time, know how to close out games, sets and matches... Dang, went off da subject again.

OK see below. Dis is what I look for and judge a QB.

QB skills.

Most important, Accuracy in all the throws: short, medium, long, out balls, crossing patterns, down da side lines back shoulder, able to throw into tight windows and with 65% to 75% completion rate.

Arm strength: Long balls-airing it out and hit WR on their patterns in stride, strong out throws, good velocity, nice tight spirals.

Catchable ball. Not throw too hard, just right with touch. Tight spirals, easier for WR’s, TE’s and RB’s catch da ball.

Going thru progressions. Making right decisions. Always looking downfield and for da open man. Finding da passing lanes.

Avoid IT’s. Perfect over da shoulder throws, away for DB’s,

Quick release. Effortless, nice, near perfect throwing mechanics. Proper planting of da feet.

Able to throw on da run and when moving avoiding the rush, on scrambling,

Proper footwork during throwing motion.

Mobility. Avoiding da rush, run for positive yards when pocket breaks down, extend plays with feet, scrambling skills. Good feel for da pocket.

** Big for me. Mojo and Moxie, very good Field General, FB smarts, makes good decisions, knows defenses, A+ leadership qualities. Likeability-teammates must love, respect, think higly of their QB. Da QB is da Man and must show strong command and convince his teammates dat they will score and win da game…

Cheers. Peace✌️ and Aloha.

Last edited:

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Oh, during the time of the 2024 Heisman race and da final 10 selection, I was PO dat Caleb did not make da list. I was one of the few ova here dat dispelled the initial final 10. Very strongly, I wrote Caleb should have made the final 10 selection. And, in my book should have made it to NY. Again, I was in da minority.

People said, he did not have a good year, loss to many games, etc..? Huh, CW was top 3 in overall passing stats. So the Heisman selection committee punished CW because he played on a bad team? Da blame fell on C.LR for keeping DC. Grinch. Worst D in USC history. C.LR ruined CW chance to be a Dbl & back to back Heisman winner. I strongly felt C.Williams was da Best QB in 2023. CW got his redemption and was chosen #1 in da NFL.

There was another thread here, "Who was da Best or Most talented QB at USC." Most picked Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart. I picked Caleb Williams as da Best QB talent at USC.

Hah, opinions makes for interesting conversation. Cheers. Peace ✌️ & Aloha.

Last edited:

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Oh, during the time of the 2024 Heisman race and da final 10 selection, I was PO dat Caleb did not make da list. I was one of the few ova here dat dispelled the initial fianl 10. Very strongly, I wrote Caleb should have made the final 10 selection. And, in my book should have made it to NY. Again, I was in da minority.

People said, he did not have a good year, loss to many games, etc..? Say what, CW was top 3 in overall passing stats. So he was punished because he played on a ****** team, not his fault. Da blame fell on C.LR in keeping DC. Grinch. Worst D in USC history. C.LR ruined CW chance to be a back to back Heisman winner. I strongly felt dat C.Williams was da Best QB in 2023. CW got his redemption and was chosen #1 in da NFL.

There was another thread here, "Who was da Best or Most talented QB at USC. Most picked Carson Palmer or Matt Leinart. I picked Caleb Williams as da Best QB talent at USC.

Can't win anymore. Cheers. Peace ✌️ & Aloha.
Funny that he lost games when we were top 20 in scoring.. and too 100 in defense.🤔

Canyon.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Funny that he lost games when we were top 20 in scoring.. and too 100 in defense.🤔
Many said CW took too much time finding his WR? What I saw in many plays our WR ran lazy routes did not make separation from DB's. I saw da frustration in CW eyes, da WR's were to blame. Another thing, for what ever reason, C.LR told him to cool it from running. So stupid, dat was CW strength extending plays, running for TD’s, moving da chains for 1st downs and making D's frustrated and confused.

As you know in FB there 2 teams within a team, da O and D. Both units must like and respect one another and dat both sides are pulling their weight. What I saw with da O is they did not have any respect with C.Grinch and his D and for C.LR keeping him.

The O were scoring enough points to win, but da freaken D let da O down by allowing teams score Mucho pts. Dat put too much pressure on da O to make up da deficit. You could see CW and da O frustration with da D. There were no more fight in the O due to the FU D. All da Bad last season falls entirely on C.lR. Caleb Williams tried his very best and did not give up.

Last edited:

Latest posts