2024 Penn State WR Situation

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
I have a better chance at winning a powerball lottery
Perhaps. Yet we are all here. We must find a compelling reason to frequent this site and share opinions about PSU. Football. Incidentally, I'll bet the odds are greater to win powerball etc. Clearly the odds don't dissuade many from playing.

Blair10

Nov 14, 2021
I liked him but not sure how much he would have helped. Wasn’t going to stretch the field.

Exactly. Parker Washington was a nice, mid-range, and steady WR at Penn State. However, Parker Washington was not a deep threat nor a game changer at Penn State.

Reactions: pamdlion

Charlie1978

Dec 8, 2022
I agree but it's also this:

Yep then there is this. Three losses to the nose-picker and the O$U wasted no time in hiring the Aggie AD who led the charge to spend more. They did. They also have Hartline.

The only downside to all this for them is that if they lose more than one game next year, they will stroke out. That could be fun. if there was ever only one game for Franklin to win, it is the O$U game next year.

regarding Allar, its not him. The kid needs a coach. he gets that with Andy 5 syllables, and we will be just fine. WE ARE

Reactions: Colt2169

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
Yep then there is this. Three losses to the nose-picker and the O$U wasted no time in hiring the Aggie AD who led the charge to spend more. They did. They also have Hartline.

The only downside to all this for them is that if they lose more than one game next year, they will stroke out. That could be fun. if there was ever only one game for Franklin to win, it is the O$U game next year.

regarding Allar, its not him. The kid needs a coach. he gets that with Andy 5 syllables, and we will be just fine. WE ARE
FWIW:
Jim Zebrowski ( Jim Zebrowski - Wikipedia ) was the QB Coach at Kansas, and at U of Buffalo (beginning in 2017) under Leipold - not Kotelnicki.

Kotelnicki was the OC/QB Coach for 2 years (2015-16 at U of Buffalo) but he was re-assigned to not coaching QBs (OC/RB) and replaced by Zebrowski, after two bad years in their passing game Buffalo adds former Minnesota QB coach to staff - NBC Sports

Zebrowski has since stayed with Leipold through his tenures at U of Buffalo and Kansas, coaching the QBs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie1978

Charlie1978

Dec 8, 2022
FWIW:
Jim Zebrowski ( Jim Zebrowski - Wikipedia ) was the QB Coach at Kansas, and at U of Buffalo (beginning in 2017) under Leipold - not Kotelnicki.

Kotelnicki was the OC/QB Coach for 2 years (2015-16 at U of Buffalo) but he was re-assigned to not coaching QBs (OC/RB) and replaced by Zebrowski, after two bad years in their passing game Buffalo adds former Minnesota QB coach to staff - NBC Sports

Zebrowski has since stayed with Leipold through his tenures at U of Buffalo and Kansas, coaching the QBs.
thanks for that, all I can say after being a Lions fan for 5 decades is that given the state of college football and its drift away from what we as America's most honorable fan base thought we had, we need to extend the brand to two positions that are not yet performing up to the standard to which we are accustomed. I look for reasons of hope even if they are more pipedream than reality.

but again thanks

Reactions: PSUFTG2

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
thanks for that, all I can say after being a Lions fan for 5 decades is that given the state of college football and its drift away from what we as America's most honorable fan base thought we had, we need to extend the brand to two positions that are not yet performing up to the standard to which we are accustomed. I look for reasons of hope even if they are more pipedream than reality.

but again thanks
FWIW:
I think both the U of Buffalo and KU offenses under Leipold punched at well above their "raw talent" level. So, if one agrees with that, that is a positive (and Kotelnicki was the OC - which is worth noting)

If true, how much of that "out punching" was attributable to Leipold? How much to Kotelnicki? How much to Zebrowski? Who knows?
But if I were D Allar (or his agent) I would probably like to see Zebrowski in the QB room - given the play of QBs under his tutelage. If, as has been rumored, the primary QB coach is to be a GA (or whatever term is now being used for an "unofficial" over-the-10-man-limit "coach") with, obviously, zero accomplishments under his belt, that would be less comforting. Time will tell.

Colt2169

Dec 13, 2021
Exactly. Parker Washington was a nice, mid-range, and steady WR at Penn State. However, Parker Washington was not a deep threat nor a game changer at Penn State.
PW is an NFL starting WR and will be for a long time

I said coming out of HS that he was better than J Fleming and I’ll say it again now

he’s a very very good receiver and was a game changer at PSU - unless you only define game changer as someone who can “stretch the field”

not sure what people want

Reactions: LB99 and Midnighter

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

I said coming out of HS that he was better than J Fleming and I’ll say it again now

he’s a very very good receiver and was a game changer at PSU - unless you only define game changer as someone who can “stretch the field”

I’d like to see some kids turn down mid-late round NFL money to stay at PSU.

Reactions: Colt2169

Blair10

Nov 14, 2021

No one on this board has been critical of Parker Washington’s NFL accomplishment. We are all supportive and very proud of how PW has represented Penn State in the NFL. His NFL career has nothing to do with his collegiate impact.

The points being made in this thread were about PW’s collegiate career. PW was a solid, dependable, blue-collar type WR at Penn State. No shame in that and it should not be taken as an insult. However, PW was no where near a “game changer” at Penn State.

Examples of game-changing Penn State WRs are: KJ Hamler, Chris Godwin, and Jahan Dotson. PW was not on the same level as these guys.

Reactions: LionsAndBears

Latest posts