2025-26 Sixers Thread

Sep 10, 2013
18,399
13,410
113
Probably just me being stuck in the past but I can't stand guys sitting out games. But, sadly, yes, that's probably what would have to happen to give him a chance
Then what do you do in the playoffs though--bump him up to 36 minutes or you still play him just half the game
Lots of money for this but, again, you're probably right
Nope, if everyone stays healthy, say top 3 guys (not embiid) play 40 games together, coach will get a real good feel for what 25 minutes from embiid looks like. Embiid playing 20 games with the top 3 then everyday 40 minutes in the playoffs is too disruptive.
 

Lil Nicky Scarfo

All-American
Jul 1, 2025
1,940
5,416
113
I don’t follow basketball whatsoever, but with the additions of Brown and LeBron, the excitement in Philly for the Sixers will be through the roof.

 
  • Haha
Reactions: jmorovich and LB99

Knickslions69

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
910
1,566
93
I don’t follow basketball whatsoever, but with the additions of Brown and LeBron, the excitement in Philly for the Sixers will be through the roof.
While James gives them depth I’m not sure how much better they are. Embiid kills them as he can’t play defense anymore and wants the ball which others stand around and watch. I always thought they should have moved him a few years back. They should be able to score but that wasn’t their issues.
 

Bvillebaron

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2004
3,159
3,111
113
Well, that’s five guys who will all want the ball in the final two minutes. It’s exciting, but it may not work out.
Valid concern. While I have never been a LeBron fan, he has become much more of a facilitator late in his career and that example should help team chemistry.
 

Bvillebaron

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2004
3,159
3,111
113
While James gives them depth I’m not sure how much better they are. Embiid kills them as he can’t play defense anymore and wants the ball which others stand around and watch. I always thought they should have moved him a few years back. They should be able to score but that wasn’t their issues.
Can’t play defense any more. Serious question. Do you even watch any Sixers’ games?
 

Knickslions69

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
910
1,566
93
Can’t play defense any more. Serious question. Do you even watch any Sixers’ games?
Ya I watch a lot of Sixers games especially playoffs. Knicks abused him in pick and roll. He can’t move on defense anymore. Age and injuries have caught up to him. He’s not a good defender anymore. Still can score though.
 

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,513
22,692
113
Ya I watch a lot of Sixers games especially playoffs. Knicks abused Embiid in pick and roll. He can’t move on defense anymore. Age and injuries have caught up to him. He’s not a good defender anymore. Still can score though.
Fixed, for myself.
 

Bvillebaron

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2004
3,159
3,111
113
Ya I watch a lot of Sixers games especially playoffs. Knicks abused him in pick and roll. He can’t move on defense anymore. Age and injuries have caught up to him. He’s not a good defender anymore. Still can score though.
Embid’s two highest defensive rating were the last 2 seasons and they were much higher than the first 8 years. Look it up.
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,472
4,141
113
Embid’s two highest defensive rating were the last 2 seasons and they were much higher than the first 8 years. Look it up.
He was horrible defensively in the playoffs. Actually he was horrible in general. Stats are great but if you watch them in the playoffs are you honestly saying he was good defensively? Come on. Let's be real
 

Bvillebaron

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2004
3,159
3,111
113
He was horrible defensively in the playoffs. Actually he was horrible in general. Stats are great but if you watch them in the playoffs are you honestly saying he was good defensively? Come on. Let's be real
Yeah I watched. Was he the only Sixers on the court?
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State Tuesday primer: The PSU offense will be under the spotlight today; who's announcing the Lions-Northwestern game for FOX?
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern notes: Wildcats to be without a starting offensive lineman; what does David Braun think of the Lions?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting High School Recap: Future Penn State cornerbacks shine to close out September
  4. 04 BWI Football Leaving outcome to chance, Penn State's complementary football fails
  5. 05 BWI Football Wisconsin took away Penn State's best throw and stopped the run with one tweak: Film Review