2025 Eagles Thread

Sep 10, 2013
18,399
13,410
113
Actually met a guy this afternoon who grew up in Dallas, I was wearing my 26 and hat he told me to have fun tonite. I’m GO BIRDS, YOU TOO back he put on a sad face and said he can’t. I’m like o no you’re a Dallas fan he said born and raised. I was about to lay into him for his fraudness but he was the real deal. Sad really.
 

troutrus

All-Conference
Oct 7, 2021
864
1,195
93
Actually met a guy this afternoon who grew up in Dallas, I was wearing my 26 and hat he told me to have fun tonite. I’m GO BIRDS, YOU TOO back he put on a sad face and said he can’t. I’m like o no you’re a Dallas fan he said born and raised. I was about to lay into him for his fraudness but he was the real deal. Sad really.
Sad? Really?
I assume you’re just kidding.
 

Bwifan

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
2,878
5,081
113
This didn’t take long… 👀

It's a start ... most likely Howie got him for leadership I would think. The DL especially needs a veteran leader, what Carter did last night would have not happened if Fletcher Cox was around. Now Howie has to find us a starting CB.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WestSideLion

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,525
22,702
113
It's a start ... most likely Howie got him for leadership I would think. The DL especially needs a veteran leader, what Carter did last night would have not happened if Fletcher Cox was around. Now Howie has to find us a starting CB.
I loved the old Redskins like Monk, Green, Monte Coleman, Milot, Jim Lachey, high-character guys. When you have enough high-character guys you can keep a eh-character guy like Dexter Manley in relative check. When someone like Manley or Antonio Brown is the alpha, that never ends well, sure as hell doesn’t end with a Lombardi Trophy.
 

Lil Nicky Scarfo

All-American
Jul 1, 2025
1,942
5,416
113
Might have missed it in all the start of the season hubbub, but with their win last night, the Birds squared their all time record at .500 for the first time since 1933 (their 1st season)
 
  • Like
Reactions: s1uggo72

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,565
69,202
113
Might have missed it in all the start of the season hubbub, but with their win last night, the Birds squared their all time record at .500 for the first time since 1933 (their 1st season)

It was mentioned in the article linked in this post, earlier in the week:


No biggie.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lil Nicky Scarfo

Lil Nicky Scarfo

All-American
Jul 1, 2025
1,942
5,416
113
It was mentioned in the article linked in this post, earlier in the week:


No biggie.
Thanks. In contrast, the Phillies are 1096 games below .500 due to decades of abject failure. They could go undefeated for 6 years and still have a ways to go to square their record.
 
  • Like
Reactions: s1uggo72

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,016
5,480
113
Thanks. In contrast, the Phillies are 1096 games below .500 due to decades of abject failure. They could go undefeated for 6 years and still have a ways to go to square their record.
They’re also the oldest franchise in MLB. Or at least the longest tenured “as is” in one city.
 

Lil Nicky Scarfo

All-American
Jul 1, 2025
1,942
5,416
113
  • Like
Reactions: LionJim

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,016
5,480
113
Without looking it up, aren’t the Reds older and longer tenured?
Not in one city. The other original charter teams moved around over the years. That obscured their fanbase misery, IMO.

The Phillies are 140+ years of misery in Philadelphia. That’s special.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Penn State wrestling 2026-2027 schedule: See the full list of opponents; how many BJC duals are there?
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting Four under-the-radar visitors from this past weekend that Penn State fans need to know
  3. 03 BWI Football How Penn State Uses Josiah Zayas and Zion Tracy So Differently at the Same Position
  4. 04 BWI Football Everything Matt Campell said to explain the Penn State 4th and 1 fourth quarter plan, timeout usage, vs. Wisconsin
  5. 05 BWI Football Top Tuesday takeaways from Penn State offensive coordinator Taylor Mouser: On 3rd and long runs, red zone issues, more