2025 Eagles Thread

WestSideLion

All-American
May 29, 2001
5,016
5,480
113
Coming from Rugby, I think Mailata's skill set was at least similar to football. Pass rushing would probably be the fastest way to get Uar on the field, but as for the chances of finding another Mailata, that has to be pretty close to zero.
I agree on the surface. But having Mailata on the roster has to help. And they’ve demonstrated they can be patient before.

I think their odds of success are non-zero…maybe 10% or so.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Phlebitis

nittanyfan333

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,775
7,406
113
I agree on the surface. But having Mailata on the roster has to help. And they’ve demonstrated they can be patient before.

I think their odds of success are non-zero…maybe 10% or so.

he's barely going to be treading water for at least a year, MAYBE 2. talking head swimming kind of deal. but going against Mailata and Johnson is going to help him tremendously, not just because of their knowledge, but their demonstrated willingness to help teach. And keep in mind, Mailata took multiple years because of his going to the OL and the not only physical requirement but the mental requirements. I'd expect to see Bernard be a 53 call up towards the end of the 2027 season at the absolute earliest.
 
  • Like
Reactions: WestSideLion

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,551
69,197
113
Roob with another set of great Observations.

And a heads up that this thread is nearing the end of its run. I'll start a 2026 Eagles thread once the schedules are released, which should occur in under 2 weeks.

 

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
85,551
69,197
113
I typically start a new Eagles thread once the schedule is released. So consider this a heads up that this thread is now in its last week as the active Eagles thread.

 
  • Like
Reactions: WestSideLion
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Everything Matt Campell said to explain the Penn State 4th and 1 fourth quarter plan, timeout usage, vs. Wisconsin
  2. 02 BWI Football Top Tuesday takeaways from Penn State offensive coordinator Taylor Mouser: On 3rd and long runs, red zone issues, more
  3. 03 BWI Football Penn State head coach Matt Campbell Press Conference: Northwestern
  4. 04 BWI Football Live updates: Matt Campbell weekly press conference
  5. 05 BWI Recruiting Photos: Top recruits flock to Happy Valley for Penn State's latest home game