2025 Recruiting Class Thread

LionsMD

Jan 29, 2022
Top 100 LB Anthony Sacca, an in-state AND legacy recruit, did not include Penn State in his top 5 schools. Sounds like he was at Penn State a couple of weeks ago and did not come away impressed with the defense and direction of program. Included Duke as one of his top schools which shows his like for Manny Diaz. Disappointing for a legacy and top 100 player.

Reactions: ChandlerPearce

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Top 100 LB Anthony Sacca, an in-state AND legacy recruit, did not include Penn State in his top 5 schools. Sounds like he was at Penn State a couple of weeks ago and did not come away impressed with the defense and direction of program. Included Duke as one of his top schools which shows his like for Manny Diaz. Disappointing for a legacy and top 100 player.
Is that what it sounds like? LOL, people need to get a grip. Click on FB recruiting > Commits> then change the year to 2025 and see if PSU has LB's in the class. 3 4 star LB's are on board, but we're going to pout over the ones that go elsewhere......well some are.....have at it.

LionsMD

Jan 29, 2022
Is that what it sounds like? LOL, people need to get a grip. Click on FB recruiting > Commits> then change the year to 2025 and see if PSU has LB's in the class. 3 4 star LB's are on board, but we're going to pout over the ones that go elsewhere......well some are.....have at it.
Sacca is better than all of our current committed LBs. Keep making excuses for our recruiting though just like all the excuses you have been making in the USMNT thread over the past couple of years (young bucks are the best thing since sliced bread!).

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Sacca is better than all of our current committed LBs. Keep making excuses for our recruiting though just like all the excuses you have been making in the USMNT thread over the past couple of years (young bucks are the best thing since sliced bread!).

What excuses am I am making for the USMNT.....they are the best young group the US has had, but they still aren't a top 10 team on the planet. You really got me there....another sound sane post my guy. You're crying here about recruits that don't come will make it all better. Do you stomp your feet still when you don't get your way?

Pssst, just so you know that I know you're FOS....you have no idea if he is even better than one of the recruits never mind all 3. Who would make such a declaration like that.....when one PSU recruit is ranked higher nationally by 100+ spots....and that still doesn't matter because we really don't know which ones will develop and play better.

Sick Get Well Soon GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Last edited:
Reactions: Bison13

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
If you followed the process recently, you would learn that neither side was hot for the other. Sometimes the youngster's vision of what position or scheme he sees himself in, doesn't sync with a coaching staff's vision. PSU loading up with LBs should have indicated to all that this was not a relationship about to end in a commitment to PSU. Coaches evaluate prospects for themselves. They then decide if and where that youngster may fit in their program. We can't constantly get moist between the legs over some * rating. I recall outrage when Rucci and Fleming "escaped." In reality, it was sound and fury signifying nothing.
Some analysts have surmised that Anthony is 100% a Notre Dame "fan." Kudos to him for being his own man and to his father for supporting him as he endeavors to lead his own life.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
And you know this based on your superior knowledge and experience to the PSU coaching staff?

Reactions: LB99 and Bison13

LionsMD

Jan 29, 2022
What excuses am I am making for the USMNT.....they are the best young group the US has had, but they still aren't a top 10 team on the planet. You really got me there....another sound sane post my guy. You're crying here about recruits that don't come will make it all better. Do you stomp your feet still when you don't get your way?

Pssst, just so you know that I know you're FOS....you have no idea if he is even better than one of the recruits never mind all 3. Who would make such a declaration like that.....when one PSU recruit is ranked higher nationally by 100+ spots....and that still doesn't matter because we really don't know which ones will develop and play better.

Sick Get Well Soon GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown
Typical response from you. You call out people expressing their own opinions but your posts are littered with your own opinions (best young group, crying/stomping/sane posts here, saying Sacca is not better). The reality is that our young bucks on the USMNT have not accomplished much club-wise or internationally yet you continue to brag about them while other countries produce better, young talent. I do hope the USMNT plays well on home soil in 2026. By the way, look at your post compared to me….A lot more sentences from you about sane posts, crying, feet stomping, and not getting your way.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Typical response from you. You call out people expressing their own opinions but your posts are littered with your own opinions (best young group, crying/stomping/sane posts here, saying Sacca is not better). The reality is that our young bucks on the USMNT have not accomplished much club-wise or internationally yet you continue to brag about them while other countries produce better, young talent. I do hope the USMNT plays well on home soil in 2026. By the way, look at your post compared to me….A lot more sentences from you about sane posts, crying, feet stomping, and not getting your way.

I continue to brag about them, really.....go ahead and link those posts. Do a search of my posts and show me gushing over them all the time. Better yet, name another period of time that had more USMNT players in the top 4 leagues overseas. You're either totally clueless on the sport which it sounds like just like you were with the Sacca is clearly better comment when we have 1 LB prospect CLEARLY ranked higher. Then back to soccer...none accomplished anything.....one won a European Title and scored goals in the tournament to help get his team there. He is also tearing it up in Italy right now and has also taken over PK duties there. Is he a top player on the planet...nope, but I'm sure you have some other player in mind that had such a better Euro career before 25 years of age.....long list to choose from, right???? Kidding, you don't know.

The difference between you and me is I know those rankings are just a best guess by some reporters. Sacca could be the best of the group or maybe he won't be, but making that declaration is dumb. You did that, not me. All of them are 4 star recruits, but only one sits inside the top 100 currently....it's not Sacca. Don't get mad when people don't join your little pity party and call you out on it....it's poor form all the way around. The soccer stuff is a joke.....nobody that has followed or follows this sport thinks this is downturn time for US soccer as compared to the previous decades.....but apparently you see something like that and you read I have them winning the WC.

Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open

Last edited:

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

Ultimately, 4* recruits are not worth fretting about. It's the 5*'s that matter. After that, mostly interchangeable. We recruited two last cycle, and have three committed for this cycle. He's probably a take if we can get him, but not a difference maker IMO. And don't worry - likely he ends up at Penn State in a year or two anyway....

Charlie1978

Dec 8, 2022
Please tell me Nittany Nation that Franklin has a parade of meaningful commitments...Zollars and *4 WRs.. planned for the Blue and White weekend. I am getting sick and tired of hearing the nauseating crap from Columbus. It has gone absolutely some combination of Steven A Smith and Oprah this off-season on that a$$hole farm and its time for the good guys to make some noise.

Latest posts